Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH  (Read 17761 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »

As far as the cats, it is still not great. Walty is basically forced to stay in the guest room or risk attack by Killbot. Walty really is a very sweet cat, and Killbot is still not at ease with the idea of this other presence in her life. We are able to leave them together with doors open and they do okay. Except in the middle of the night every night there is a skirmish that tears us from sleep. I am hoping time will improve the situation.

What does the sugar glider shriek sound like?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2005, 07:13:34 PM »

Oooh, tiny animal shrieking is bone chilling.  I've never heard a sugar glider shriek but I have heard a hampster scream.  Growing up, we had a few different ones.  One night the current hampster escaped and my sister and I woke up to the most freakish sound- it was the hampster screaming.  It had gone behind a bookcase and was running back and forth to either end where each of my cats was waiting.  They were also quite alarmed.  Who knew that such a small animal could make that kind of sound!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2005, 07:15:31 PM »

A sound like no other I have heard.  Bryan's are very friendly and rarely make that noise anymore.  They bark occasionally when they are upset which can be slightly annoying during the night, unless you want your son to wake up and get you another blanket.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2005, 07:18:22 PM »

I never heard a hamster make that kind of sound.  I wouldn't say a Sugar Glider sounds as if it is screaming.  Keith says it is like the worst alarm clock you have ever heard, going off at two in the morning.

Ann what do you think?

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2005, 07:27:25 PM »

Small animals are outside my realm of expertise and I'm exhausted after a very trying work week, so I'll say "Goodnight, All..."  See you tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2005, 07:30:14 PM »

I'm sorry the situation hasn't improved with the cats.   Have you tried bathing them and then rubbing your scents on them?  Sorry that is all I can come up with.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2005, 07:33:12 PM »

We had a nice dinner out followed by a relaxing walk in town.  Now I’m going to change into something more relaxing and enter the world of Harry Potter, until Keith calls me away to watch A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2005, 07:33:49 PM »

Ginny have a nice weekend.

Jed

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »

I never heard a hamster make that kind of sound.  I wouldn't say a Sugar Glider sounds as if it is screaming.  Keith says it is like the worst alarm clock you have ever heard, going off at two in the morning.

Ann what do you think?

I'm sure Ann will give her input, but I'll just say that they can be LOUD... particularly at 3am.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2005, 08:03:33 PM »

I didn't get a chance to see THE PUNISHER. Between folks dropping by and the telephone ringing, before I knew it, it was after 8 o'clock. It will be on many more times, I'm sure.

So, I finished up the MONK Season 2 DVDs and then watched tonight's show from Season 4. Enjoyable if overly contrived. Tony Shalhoub in this role is still very funny to me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2005, 08:04:47 PM »

We had another thundershower this afternoon. Actually, we had two separate ones split by about two hours. That's rain in the afternoon for four out of the last five days.

I believe I'll be mowing the grass tomorrow, much sooner than I wanted.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2005, 08:06:01 PM »

I did, however, get the kitchen mopped. Always delighted to get that chore behind me.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2005, 08:07:10 PM »

I also got THE GREEN HORNET watched that I recorded this morning. Ralph Meeker was the guest star on this episode. Last week, Jeffrey Hunter guested on an episode. I did not remember these name actors doing guest bits on this show.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 08:07:34 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2005, 08:08:59 PM »

So, I should definitely be able to do OCEANS TWELVE tomorrow. One of my friends who dropped by this evening saw the DVD lying on the counter and said he might drop by tomorrow night to watch if I could wait until then.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »

I also got into the cherry licorice tonight. Not a good thing though I guess it's lower in calories or fat grams than something chocolate.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2005, 08:23:11 PM »

No one in the place, except you and me . . . .

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »

I'm sure Ann will give her input, but I'll just say that they can be LOUD... particularly at 3am.

Sugar gliders can be rather loud.  They have two particularly noticable noises.  Crabbing is their "I'm really not happy" sound.  It's rather difficult to describe...the best I can come up with is a squeaky rocking chair mixed with a rather angry cat.  Barking actually sounds a bit like barking.  It's used both as an unhappy sound, and just a general conversation piece.  It sounds like a cocker spaniel barking about a block away.  Not ear piercing, but definitely not fun to hear at 3 am.  
Jed deserves a medal for putting up with mine...who would have thought I'd end up dating a non-pet person? :)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2005, 08:57:49 PM »

Did I mention that it is mind-warpingly humid here right now?

Jason

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »

Ooooooh my! I'm back from seeing Ms. Somers' "show." Wow! I'm speechless. To sum it up, I'll give you this much: The show deals a great deal with Ms. Somers' struggle with her father's alcoholism. The first comment I heard out of a fellow audience member's mouth?? "Boy, I need a drink after that!"

Jose and I waited for Ms. Somers after the show and got her autograph on our Playbills. Collector items, you know. But who came out of the theatre before she did? Mr. David Hasselhoff. Ah, Broadway - where you can get two has-been TV actors for the price of one. ::)

I'll also leave you with this mental image: She re-enacted the birth of her son in a recliner. I'm not kidding. She also rolled a huge cart onstage which featured all of her Home Shopping Network wares. The cart got caught on the leg (side curtain) as she was pushing it onstage. And yes, she demonstrated the ThighMaster for us.

What a night, what a night. I'll not soon forget, try as I may.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2005, 09:02:54 PM »

Media Check:
I was listening to some CDs by a band called The Ocean Blue who are quite melodic. And one CD by Roky Erickson who led the psychedelic band the 13th Floor Elevators before he went a bit nuts and started doing songs mostly about aliens.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2005, 09:06:05 PM »

Thanks for the preview Jason, without giving away too much. Can't wait to see it tomorrow. The chances of us seeing Hasselhoff are probably rather minuscule now, which is sad. But my hope is SS really goes all out for the final performance and gives us a show we'll always remember.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »

DR Rodzinski, I just listened to a few sound clips of OCEAN BLUE on Amazon.com...they sound very much like the 80s group CHINA CRISIS, have you heard of them?

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2005, 09:11:53 PM »

Grrrrrrrrrrr ( a JRand54 reference)...I just got outbid on two DVDs on Ebay.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2005, 09:26:37 PM »

Good Evening!

As DR Jason mentioned earlier, I accompanied him to see Ms. Somers one-woman show tonight...

Jerry Mitchell was in the audience too...

As was director/theatrical person, Richard-Jay Alexander...

And I even ran into a woman I worked with a couple of years ago, Elinore O'Connell...

And...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2005, 09:29:10 PM »

Ann, I really enjoyed hearing about your sugar gliders.  Now I wish we could get one!  But I think that we have our hands pretty full with the cats...plus I think Rodzinski would move out if I got another pet. :)

Well, if you really want another pet...  There will be a free room here in a few weeks...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2005, 09:31:12 PM »

As for The Girl in the Thunderbird...

After walking with DR Jason to the Times Square subway station, I headed over to Ninth Ave, and walked up to Columbus Circle...  I just needed the walk to clear my head...  Then I grabbed the A back uptown.

...And I still need to clear my head...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2005, 09:31:28 PM »

Ooooooh my! I'm back from seeing Ms. Somers' "show." ...
May I assume that even Joe Allen will pass on posting this show on the walls?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2005, 09:33:31 PM »

The final set of auditions and callbacks went very well today.  If everyone we liked says, "Yes," we will have quite a wonderful ensemble.  There are still a few slots to fill, but we'll take care of those come September.

And best of all, I don't have to play the dance break from  "Shoeless Joe From Hannibal Mo" anytime soon again.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2005, 09:34:55 PM »

...And I still need to clear my head...
Watching Ms. Somers on the Thigh-Master can have that effect.

I'm somehow reminded of the bit in South Park:B/L/U where Brooke Shields performed onstage... :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »

And, apparently, Ms. Somers will be taking her act on the road... And will be taping the show for a commercial release...

*I actually think it will do well on the road.  As DR Jason and I discussed after the show, she truly has a very large fan base covering a couple of demographics.  And if each person who's ever bought one of her products from/off of HSN, then she's bound to sell out on the road.

However, I do hope that another set of eyes actually watches the show and helps to smooth out some of those "uncomfortable" moments...

Hmm... Maybe that's why Jerry Mitchell and Richard-Jay Alexander were there tonight?  Jerry Mitchell could choreograph, and Richard-Jay Alexander could direct - he's directed the past couple of concerts/shows for Bernadette Peters.   Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up