Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY  (Read 93011 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »

Ah, shucks.

Page 10.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »

I'm home and can't post for long because I have to head back.  

I got both the front and the back yard done.  Whew!.  The dogs are so wonderful and I feel so sorry for them.  I think they think they are being punished.  I'm trying to spend some time with them and giving them extra treats as well.

The first thing they do when I let them in house is go from room to room.  I think they are looking for Mom.

I ment it, DR Elmore.  I will bite him on the ankle and you can tell him I don't have my rabies shot either!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

I'll try to be back later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »

Danise-They are looking for your mother.  It is hard to watch but sweet they care.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »

Take care Danise!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

I meant to mention this yesterday and it kept slipping my mind.

Yesterday on TCM, ANATOMY OF A MURDER was shown. It was presented properly in the  1.85:1 aspect ratio looking very different from the full screen version released by Columbia/Sony some years back.

I think it's time for them to reissue this in a correctly anamorphic edition. The TCM print, even without anamorphic enhancement, looked fabulous.

The open matte version of Anatomy is a travesty.  Region 2 got it right, I hence that's the DVD I bought.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »

Make of it what you will!

Sometimes a blind item is a blind item.  Deliberately.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2007, 03:04:47 PM »

I just read in VARIETY that Emmy-winning character actor Tom Poston has died. Another grand performer who will be greatly missed.

David Wechter and I wrote a video that he starred in - Murphy's Laws Of Golf.  He was a delightful man.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »

I agree about the blind item - perhaps the post can be removed, although I won't do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »

I've done all my errands and we're STILL on page ten?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »

I forgot to mention that yesterday I met the other lawyer in town who does some immigration. He's also in the same building, but he's only been a lawyer for a few years and he hasn't really gotten his name out, at least not the way I have been.

He seemed very pleased to hear I'm going to do immigration, he had that look on his face like, "oh thank god I'll have someone to ask questions" He's also going to Disneyworld, so I'm hoping we can talk and get to know each other a little there.    

Oh????????   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2007, 03:07:49 PM »

I went to the little strip mall where there's a Western Bagel jernt - I had a craving for some tuna on a bagel.  You couldn't even get in the parking lot - cars lined up and insanity prevailing.  Why?  Trader Joe's.  It has ruined the parking lot for anyone who doesn't go there (I now refuse to go in there because of it).  Hence, Du-Par's suffers, small businesses suffer, Western Bagel suffers and McDonald's suffers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2007, 03:09:04 PM »

I was so disgusted, I just came home and made some eggs and a couple of English muffins.  Not much food and I'm already hungry again - how annoying Trader Joe's is.

Ginny

« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »

Home a little early.  We're waiting for DS Rob to join us for dinner and then cut the grass - something DH Richard can't do yet with his healing shoulder.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2007, 03:19:42 PM »

Sometimes a blind item is a blind item.  Deliberately.

All right.  

I've deleted it.

But remember that you have used his name in past posts and the search engine can surely find it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2007, 03:24:11 PM »

All right.  

I've deleted it.

But remember that you have used his name in past posts and the search engine can surely find it.

I deleted my post as well, and i was being bitchy, but I specifically said I could mention no names and bk this morning also just referred to the person as a conductor.  I've mentioned no names in this bruhaha since April 4 with this oaf, and if I could say more publicly and mention names, I would have.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

BK, did you get my nymf email?  I can still call and inquire.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »

We finished watching Slings and Arrows last night. We had a three night marathon watching two episodes Saturday, two Sunday and the final two last night. It was a good way to end the series. I do appreciate the British and Canadian sensibility that you don't have to run a series into the ground. 3 seasons of 6 episodes each is fine. You don't necessarily need 15 or 18 episodes over 10 or 11 years. The well dries up (IMHO)

I cancelled the rest of the SLINGS & ARROWS DVDs from my Netflix quay.  I used to think that I would gladly watch Paul Gross read the New York Telephone Directory for 24 straight hours; but I guess I was mistaken.  I just couldn't get into S & A.  Maybe I will wait a few months and try again.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2007, 03:27:29 PM »

Please do, elmore.  I've heard from the producer fellow, who is now saying he JUST sent them the CD (said he sent them the script first, which is completely stupid) - so, I just don't trust this guy and would rather go around him.

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

I've caught up - mmmm 48 hours of posts,

Supportive thoughts for DR Danise and Elmore. (and others in need).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2007, 03:33:53 PM »

Sort of topics of the day:

Last night DP Colin and I went to the opening of Artist Paul Margocsy's latest exhibition.  (There a few links on the NET to his work).

At this moment  we are listening to and watching Jane Olivor singing "Run For The Roses" - a Kentucky in May reference.

Special greeting to Jason.  (f Jose reads this)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »

Congrats to our lovely Cillaliz!

It's an old fashioned Barber Shop right in your building. That's cool. I still go to a barber, not a stylist. I don't have enough hair to warrant paying $50 or more for a haircut, plus if I can't wash it and dry it and walk out the door, I ain't gonna get it cut fancy (I sound like some redneck  ;))
I don't think anyone will mistake you for a redneck.  You don't have enough on top for a mullet.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »

TOD:
Other than my mother's birthday on the 3rd (a woman of certain years) and my parents 50th Wedding anniversary on the 20th. Nothing much. They aren't celebrating. I think it has a lot to do with that they have outlived so many of their friends/spouses and especially my father's brother and 1st cousin were also married that same year and they didn't make it.

My  mother's birthday is also on May 3.  She would have turned 91 this Thursday if those two punk kids had not decided to go drag racing on that sunny January afternoon in 1994 and plowed into the car in which she was riding.  My grandmother's (my mom's mom) birthday is May 6.  Since she would have been 130 this year, I doubt we would have been celebrating this year.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2007, 03:43:54 PM »

I cancelled the rest of the SLINGS & ARROWS DVDs from my Netflix quay.  I used to think that I would gladly watch Paul Gross read the New York Telephone Directory for 24 straight hours; but I guess I was mistaken.  I just couldn't get into S & A.  Maybe I will wait a few months and try again.

I didn't know Paul Gross was in this :).  Now I'm really looking forward to watching.  I hope we like it better than you did.

Tomovoz

« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2007, 03:44:03 PM »

I still visit a barber as does Ben. I pay less not much more than $10 (USA).  Good cut and conversation.  You can't style a #2 buzz cut that much.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »

I had expectations (Oh my, yes! E-x-p-e-c-t-a-t-i-o-n-s!) that I'd receive my DVD box of Tyrone Power movies today.

I received a shipping notification over the weekend.  So, this morning, I "tracked" my UPS shipment to see if it was "out for delivery".

What I found, instead:

04/30/2007  9:06 P.M.  MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS.;ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE  

Aughghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!

He was supposed to arrive at your house, and now he won't.  Even in death, Tyrone goes both ways.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »

I didn't know Paul Gross was in this :).  Now I'm really looking forward to watching.  I hope we like it better than you did.

I loved all three seasons of SLINGS & ARROWS.  Imagine it's taking place backstage at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.

DR RonPulliam, I think I over-reacted.  I apologize for blowing things up.
I didn't say he was the jerk conductor.  Even if he is.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2007, 04:02:29 PM »

Elmo:  I.....know.....NUH-THINK!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

I thought we were talking about a TRAIN conductor!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »

My lack of sleep has caught up with me.  Just what up was doing with me I'll leave you your imagination.  You can't put anything over on my lack of sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up