Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE  (Read 28157 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2008, 05:33:09 PM »

Thanks for the info George. 

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »

DH Richard and I went to The Greene this afternoon because I'd received a gift card from there, and one from the Vera Bradley store there, as retirement gifts.  By combining them, I was able to get

It's a 17" x 13" x 8" rolling travel tote in the Yellow Bird fabric.  I have some smaller pieces in this pattern and the travel bag will go nicely with my black luggage.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 05:41:42 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

Thanks for the info George. 

My pleasure.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »

DH Richard and I went to The Greene this afternoon because I'd received a gift card from there, and one from the Vera Bradley store there, as retirement gifts.  By combining them, I was able to get

Nice. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

DR Ginny, very pretty.  It is nice you could combine the gift certificates.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  Thanks, DR Cillaliz.

I'm also a bit tired, and need a good night's sleep right now too. So...

My parents would make an annual trip to NYC each Christmas each year to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.  I think that's been a tradition of their for the past 15 years.  However, they would usually come up with another couple, and they would take one of those "day busses" from DC.  Leave DC at 9:00am, see the afternoon show at RCMH, head right back to DC.  No real sight-seeing.  -I believe they've been up at least three times this year.

I was just hoping to spend more time with my nieces and nephew this time.  I knew the schedule was going to be tight, but the time crunch ended up being "crunchier" today since my family didn't end up leaving their hotel in Weehawken until around 11:00 - they had originally planned to be in the city at 9:00. However...

They did get very lucky when they went to American Girl Place.  Right after they entered the store, the staff started setting up the barricades outside in order to control the flow of people into the store.  -And, apparently, it was still wall-to-wall people in there.  But the grandparents did end up buying Alexandra and Alyssa another doll and some of the requisite accessories.  I had hoped to catch them at AGP, but by the time I got down there, they had already headed up 5th Avenue a couple of blocks to FAO Schwarz.

FAO Schwarz truly was a madhouse, and when I saw the line stretched down the sidewalk, I just went ahead and took a seat on the plaza and waited for them out there.  Which was OK, since I did need some "calming down" time after making my way through the crowded sidewalks of 5th Ave.  And since John Michael did not buy/get anything at American Girl Place ;), he was able to pick out a few things at FAO Schwarz.  -Which included a small jar of over-sized chocolate non-pareils.  :)

And lunch at China Regency was very nice, and the cashier doted over my nieces.  Very cute.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »

{{{{{DR JoseSPiano}}}}

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »

***VIBES of all kinds for DD Dixie and her family!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »

{{{{{DR JoseSPiano}}}}

Aww... Thanks, DR singdaw - I did not mean for this to turn into a pity party.  -I also know a big part of "this" is the residual homesickness from Christmas Day.

However...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »

TOD

Even though I am a season behind in watching but David Tennant's performance as the Doctor in the Doctor Who series continues to amaze me. The writers have given depth and character and emotion to a character that I felt was lacking in all the incarnations. I am NOT looking forward to his departure and was hoping a healthy pay raise might entice him to stay but that won't happen. :-[

I love(d) David as The Doctor, also.  I haven't heard if they've started searching for a replacement, yet.  Who can fill his shoes??

:)
Yes, the search is on.  The suggestions and rumors for who will be the next Doctor have been rampant!  Rampant, I repeat!  And rife!  It has been rife with rampantcy!

Seriously, the big change is not so much that Tennant is stepping away from the role, but that Russel T. Davies is leaving as Executive Producer and head writer/script editor.  The five specials (the first has already aired in England) are his way of giving incoming EP Steven Moffat a clean slate to work with, and it will probably be Moffat who makes the final decision on who will be the next actor to take on the role.

One thing is certain - every time the role has been recast, the producers have gone in a quirkily different direction than we've been living with.  So, will the next Doctor be older?  Ugly?  Non-white?

Stay tuned, and expect the decision to be fun.  (Hey, the only time they've screwed up was when John Nathan Turner cast Colin Baker in the part, mainly because he was the life of the party and totally charming at a wedding they both attended - not the best casting decision, IMO!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »

TOD

Even though I am a season behind in watching but David Tennant's performance as the Doctor in the Doctor Who series continues to amaze me. The writers have given depth and character and emotion to a character that I felt was lacking in all the incarnations. I am NOT looking forward to his departure and was hoping a healthy pay raise might entice him to stay but that won't happen. :-[

I love(d) David as The Doctor, also.  I haven't heard if they've started searching for a replacement, yet.  Who can fill his shoes??

:)
Yes, the search is on.  The suggestions and rumors for who will be the next Doctor have been rampant!  Rampant, I repeat!  And rife!  It has been rife with rampantcy!

Seriously, the big change is not so much that Tennant is stepping away from the role, but that Russel T. Davies is leaving as Executive Producer and head writer/script editor.  The five specials (the first has already aired in England) are his way of giving incoming EP Steven Moffat a clean slate to work with, and it will probably be Moffat who makes the final decision on who will be the next actor to take on the role.

One thing is certain - every time the role has been recast, the producers have gone in a quirkily different direction than we've been living with.  So, will the next Doctor be older?  Ugly?  Non-white?

Stay tuned, and expect the decision to be fun.  (Hey, the only time they've screwed up was when John Nathan Turner cast Colin Baker in the part, mainly because he was the life of the party and totally charming at a wedding they both attended - not the best casting decision, IMO!)

Several years ago (before the "new" Doctor Who even started), I vaguely remember reading something about the transformations and that it had been established YEARS ago that the Doctor could only transform a certain number of times (and then he would really die).  Do you (or anyone) know anything about that? 

Jane

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »

DR Jose, the extra visits are because you live in NY. :)

My take, you need to let your family know it helps you if they use their cell phones so you can connect with them more easily.  If they don't want to call teach them how to text ;)

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend as much time with the little ones, I know how that feels.  I've only seen my grandnephew twice.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »

On the bright side...

I just received confirmation today that I will be playing for a former "Disney Princess" sometime in the very near future on the Disney Cruise Line.  This time round, it will be the 7-Day Itinerary with stops in St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John.  And just like when I do the audition workshops on board, I will only be "working" for about two hours total, and the rest of the time I get to be a passenger.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

{{{{{DR JoseSPiano}}}}

Aww... Thanks, DR singdaw - I did not mean for this to turn into a pity party.  -I also know a big part of "this" is the residual homesickness from Christmas Day.

However...

Of course it is but knowing that doesn't make it much easier.

Jane

« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »

On the bright side...

I just received confirmation today that I will be playing for a former "Disney Princess" sometime in the very near future on the Disney Cruise Line.  This time round, it will be the 7-Day Itinerary with stops in St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John.  And just like when I do the audition workshops on board, I will only be "working" for about two hours total, and the rest of the time I get to be a passenger.  :)

:D

Jane

« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

How is DD Dixie this evening?  Is she home or at the vet's?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »

DR Jose, the extra visits are because you live in NY. :)

My take, you need to let your family know it helps you if they use their cell phones so you can connect with them more easily.  If they don't want to call teach them how to text ;)

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend as much time with the little ones, I know how that feels.  I've only seen my grandnephew twice.

Well... My brother forgot to bring his cellphone charger with him, so... And with all the noise in the stores, my parents were not able to hear their cellphones ringing.

And I truly know that if I didn't have to deal with the thousands of additional people in midtown today, I would have had a better experience today - even if it was still as hurried as hectic as it was.

God, I'm a New Yorker!  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »

Oh... And on the bright side (Part 2)...

And I guess part of lack of sleep could be due to the fact that I've been seeing someone for the past couple of months, so...

;)  ::)   :P  :-X
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »

On the bright side...

Congratulations, DR Jose!  Need someone to turn pages for you?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »

How is DD Dixie this evening?  Is she home or at the vet's?
Last we've heard, Dixie is at the vet's, with more surgery having been performed.  Der B's daughter is not keeping us posted hourly, but if there was a real disaster I'm certain we'd have heard something.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2008, 06:20:26 PM »

On the bright side...

Get in line, DR Ginny. Get in line.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

Congratulations on the Cruising news DR Jose.  Don't go there DR TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »

I'm having a kulture day - listening to Hadley & Hampson. It's only taken me 15 years to buy this CD!

always a Tom & Jerry fan.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »

Congratulations on the Cruising news DR Jose.  Don't go there DR TCB.

Oh... Let him go there.

-And, Thank You, DR Tomovoz.  -It's just too bad that DCL doesn't cruise to Australia.  Yet.  *There are rumors that the two new ships may have some international itineraries.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »

Well, since it does have wheels...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:18 PM »

OH!  And the sausages and onions I made came out very well.  I will probably slice some of them up tomorrow and assemble some sort of baked ziti or mostaciolli.  Future YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

Oh... And on the bright side (Part 2)...

And I guess part of lack of sleep could be due to the fact that I've been seeing someone for the past couple of months, so...

;)  ::)   :P  :-X

Just today I was wondering & wasn't sure if I should ask. :)

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2008, 06:34:29 PM »

Well, since it does have wheels...

Doesn't having a new bag on wheels qualify me to jump to the head of the page-turner line?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2008, 06:37:25 PM »

On the bright side...

Get in line, DR Ginny. Get in line.  ;)

I could turn your page, Jose.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »

Several years ago (before the "new" Doctor Who even started), I vaguely remember reading something about the transformations and that it had been established YEARS ago that the Doctor could only transform a certain number of times (and then he would really die).  Do you (or anyone) know anything about that? 
During the long run of the series, and I cannot remember exactly when, it was determined that a Time Lord could regenerate twelve times, giving him (or her, if she was a Time Lady) thirteen lives.

However, part of the Master's story arc was that he'd already run through his regenerations, and somehow managed to go further by taking over other people's bodies (see The Keeper of Traken).  And, obviously, he was able to regenerate in the Third Series story Utopia, when he went from being Derek Jacobi to John Simm.

Plus, there is the curious case of The Valeyard, all through The Trial of a Time Lord (aka the 23rd season), who turned out to be a part of the Doctor, somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth regenerations, who was trying to take over the Doctor's earlier regenerations.

No matter what happens, I'm sure Moffat or whoever will come up with some way of allowing the Doctor to continue.  Where there is a will, there is an ingenious scriptwriter capable of practically anything!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up