Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING MY SWEET TIME  (Read 36632 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: TAKING MY SWEET TIME
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2009, 06:59:05 PM »

I just read THIS article that MBarnum and others might be interested in...it seems that there might be a Bollywood version of "Back to the Future" called "Action Replay."

I'm surprised Bollywood hasn't plagiarized it already! Or maybe it has.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 07:26:02 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »

I met with the Dr this morning...

Dear DR Vixmom:

Thank-you for being so honest with us as to what is happening. 

MAJOR vibage for you, the Vixter, Vixdad, and everyone else you hold dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »

Well I don't have to watch SUPERSTARS OF DANCE anymore.....it can go on without me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »

I think I will watch  deeveedee while I wait for the snow and ice to begin.  Watch out DR GINNY it's headed your way as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »

I don't know why I feel so cold today - brrrrrr.  I've got the heat on but it's just not warming me up....

I'm...about to whip up a batch of Tuna Glop for our dinner. 

Tuna Glop...that sounds like what I've been hacking up the past five days.

(Sorry, Ginny...but the door was wide open with a name like "Tuna Glop").
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2009, 07:13:09 PM »

...What would you want your obit headline to be:  "Commissioner Gordon Dies" or "Tony-Award Winning Broadway Actor Dies"?
Well, since my name isn't Gordon...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »

the "Disney Princes Cruise"

I'm glad to see that the Princes are finally getting equal time!    :)

Although I'm sure some of them could give the Princesses a run for their money!

SPOO!!  -Although, a "Disney Princes Cruise" could be quite, well.. fun. ;)
Sounds to me like a Freudian Slip (in basic black, with lace details, of course).

(Generally worn with an Erin-Go-Bra.)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »

"Oh, yeah, let's get one thing straight. See, I never heard about "The Red Shoes," I never saw "The Red Shoes," I didn't give a..."

Is that a quote from something? 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »

"Oh, yeah, let's get one thing straight. See, I never heard about "The Red Shoes," I never saw "The Red Shoes," I didn't give a..."

Is that a quote from something? 

It's part of the intro-monologue into "Dance: 10, Looks: 3" from A Chorus Line.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »

I wonder if it's still snowing in Portland, OR?

Where did you get that picture of my living room?
Wow, a white carpet!  Don't you worry about stains?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »

'night

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »

Alan Ladd is ALADDIN!
He's also Scrooge McDuck!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »

I don't know why I feel so cold today - brrrrrr.  I've got the heat on but it's just not warming me up.  Oh, well, guess I'll go attempt to get some chicken tenders, which I wanted yesterday - perhaps the rich Studio City mothers will not be there today.
Dear Esteemed BK - did you ask the people at the Deli how long it would be before they'd have more tenders, or did you just assume they wouldn't bother?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2009, 07:42:42 PM »

WOW!

So, the Facebook "reunions" continue...  I was just contacted by another friend/classmate from my grade school and high school days.  It turns out he's a co-author of a recently published book about the rescue efforts at The Pentagon on 9/11.

WOW!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »

I just read THIS article that MBarnum and others might be interested in...it seems that there might be a Bollywood version of "Back to the Future" called "Action Replay."

That part that made me laugh was the writer wondering it they even had the rights yet! LOL! I don't think any Bollywood producer has ever even considered the need to get the rights on anything first!

And it seems to me that there was already a Bollywood version of BACK TO THE FUTURE just this year. LOVE STORY 2050 it was called and it tanked at the box office.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »

Well HHW'ers.....after I saw MILK I was ready to give Sean Penn the Oscar nod.....but I just saw THE WRESTLER......and Mr Mickey Rourke .... whew! 

Yes, Mickey Rourke gives a truly committed performance.  (OUCH!)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »

IF they're cooking the tenders it usually takes about twenty-five minutes to get them back in the serving case.  In this instance, they hadn't even started cooking anymore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

And I'm happy to report that for the third straight year I have been made a Yelp "Elite" - not many of us - I'm honored.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

I am going to take a swig of my favorite nightcap, Nyquil, before bed and see if it helps knock this cold out before it sets in too deep.

And would someone step in as editor to rewrite that sentence before we go to press?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »

Hi folks,

I have bad news.  When I came home tonight, Mr. Boxer was gone.  I don't know if he somehow climbed the fence and got out or if someone got him but I have no clue.  

My front porch is gone as well but I kinda expected that.  They found all kinds of rotten wood under so now I have to have a new roof.  I'm getting scared.  I knew I was going to have to spend some money but I'm very afraid as to how much this all is going to wind up costing me. 

The guys just left and Sheena is hungry.  I don't know if I am or not at this point.  I also have to change from my work clothes.

Be back later.
Danise - so sorry to hear about this.  All of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

So...

Is anyone else watching "Momma's Boys"?

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:12 PM »

So...

Is anyone else watching "Momma's Boys"?

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

What?  And miss TRUE BEAUTY?!?
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »

Well HHW'ers.....after I saw MILK I was ready to give Sean Penn the Oscar nod.....but I just saw THE WRESTLER......and Mr Mickey Rourke .... whew! 

I haven't seen either film, but just based on the fact that Hollywood seems to love a comeback and to show forgiveness by granting awards, two weeks ago I would have said that Mickey Rourke would win the Oscar for THE WRESTLER. However, last week, I read some very petty statements by Mickey trashing Sean Penn's performance as not being all that good and that Seasn didn't even have a nomination in the bag, much less winning the award. That soured me a little on Mickey's chances for winning. The awards are still a month and a half away, but I'll have to see how the next few weeks ago and if he makes any more reckless statements.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »

I was wondering if any of the HHW chefs would have any input to my dilemna.

I am making macaroni and cheese tomorrow night.

...My niece is used to Kraft Dinner type mac & cheese....
If what she is used to is the Kraft Dinner type Mac & Cheese Product Which Isn't Really Cheese But The Law Allows Them To Call It That So What Can You Do, then that is exactly what she will want.  Preferably the day-glo type.  The elder Grandlad objects to being served any other type of Mac & Cheese, because it's what he's always known and no other type of Mac & Cheese is allowed.

Matt H.

« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

I had a full evening of viewing.

I began by finishing up the bonus features on WITHOUT A PADDLE: NATURE'S CALLING. Stuff like this is the downside of reviewing discs. For every lovely film or true classic you get to watch, you have a handful of this kind of crummy enterprise not worth anyone's time. True, lots of work went into the film, and I don't take THAT for granted, but the end product really isn't up to par.

Matt H.

« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

Next, I finished the George Cukor: MAN WHO MADE THE MOVIES documentary which I had started last night. The clips end in 1954 (A STAR IS BORN) even though he went on making movies and TV-films until 1981. Too bad some of his later efforts weren't covered since his TV work like LOVE AMONG THE RUINS (for which he won an Emmy) is quite fine.

Matt H.

« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »

Next, I finished BROTHERS & SISTERS. A good episode with Kevin and Tommy reaching a truce, and Justin making a major move toward changing his life.

Matt H.

« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »

Next I watched ROSE OF WASHINGTON SQUARE. Very enjoyable pseudo-Fanny Brice story. I wish they had given Jolson some new songs rather than just letting him strut through a catalog of his old hits. I also loved that during "My Man" it was Tyrone Power who was crying as opposed to Alice Faye. THAT was different.

Matt H.

« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »

I ended my evening watching the "making-of" featurette on the disc about the production of the movie. Well, I mean, with Miles Kreuger, Michael Finestein, and the always entertaining and knowledgeable Dr. Drew Casper in attendance, how could I NOT watch this featurette?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up