Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: PETULANT  (Read 31044 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:PETULANT
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »

3D-So true about Alan Rickman.

Jane

« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »

JRand-Mr Merlin is perfect looking  for the store.8) cat.

Now Keith wants me to take a series test, one that makes him score higher & I'm sure will greatly reduce my numbers.  :-\

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2007, 12:41:31 PM »

Hmm... I guess she doesn't realize that she doesn't have to wash all the herbs - and she has a LOT of herbs! - that will be going into her chimichurri.  Well, it's always nice to be on the safe side, but most of the time they don't need to be rinsed and dried (in her little salad/herb spinner).

DR Jose, I may pass on this invite tomorrow! Are we dining in a war zone?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »

Oh, and there is the golden flower of the northwest..... the original little "papa yaking" cutie.... dear Mikey.  Hi Mikey !

Golden shower? Spoo, my error!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2007, 12:48:29 PM »

I was, of course, thinking about Greek mythology and Danae and Zeus!

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »

Surprise ihere. . .I've been called in to work TONIGHT. . .only four hours, but, the diner shift is just to slowly paced for me. . .and it will make a thirteen day week. . .not off again until NEXT Saturday. . .why, oh, why do I say "YES" to these things? ? ? ?
(Harry Potter's Phoenix will just have to wait).

Off to hit the shower.

See you guys after 11...
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »

I’m surprised, according to http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/calcs/n_expect/main.asp I will live to be 94.  Considering my family history I expected a much lower figure, like the next couple of years. This is good news, Keith & I will go very close to each other-how romantic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:02:20 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2007, 01:00:05 PM »

DR Jose, I may pass on this invite tomorrow! Are we dining in a war zone?

ROTFLOL!

Jane

« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

td, you do it because you are a nice guy.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

I just changed the link to the life expectancy quiz.  MSN is the correct one.

Obviously if I do live to 94 there won't be much brainpower left.   ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »

So, there I am, sitting at Vivian's eating eggs benedict and proofing the book - my cell phone rings and the supervisor tells me they're still trying to track down the guy who was definitely going to be there at 9:45.  This is at ten-thirty.  She'll call me back, she says.  About twenty minutes later I get a call from another Time Warner person telling me the Time Warner Man is on his way.  I said that was wonderful but that I wasn't there and it was unacceptable.  She asked what I wanted to do - I told her to have the guy come and check the line into the house to make sure the signal was strong and to leave me a messages saying he'd done so.  That message was here and the line in is fine.  Which means if I continue having problems it's either their signal in general or my cable modem box - but since the latter works correctly ninety percent of the time, and actually hasn't lost signal in close to two days, I think it's the former rather than the latter.

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2007, 01:23:03 PM »

The bottom-feeders are out in full force today here at the public library.  You wouldn't believe what I saw some guy doing out in the park next to our building  :o
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »

My computer is shutting off at odd times.  I can't figue out what's making it happen.  :(

FJL

« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »

Ginny - Doing what?  Inquiring minds must know.

FJL

« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »

:)

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »

:-X
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »

Ginny - Doing what?  Inquiring minds must know.

Not necessary, depends how disgusting it is ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

Good afternoon!

I had planned to get on-line as soon as I got back home, but I had some business matters to take care of. Then, I had some lunch to eat. Then I had a nap to take. I always find it difficult to sleep in a bed that's not my own.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »

Did you have a nice time?

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »

Not necessary, depends how disgusting it is ;D

Not disgusting, under normal circumstances.  Something we all do several times a day.  However, this guy was doing it out in the open, in a public park, at a tree right next to a kids' playground  :P

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »

Welcome back, DR MattH!  How was your trip?  And how was the show?

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »

The trip up and back was fairly uneventful. Lots of traffic yesterday afternoon (during rush hour which clogs even an interstate past the point of endurance). But we got there and had a nice dinner at a local restaurant.

The production of THE FULL MONTY was fairly elaborate for community theater, and I am always so impressed with their facility which seats around 500. Sad to say, the show has not sold all that well for them, and it looked like the place was only about 3/4 full.

The six principal male roles were very well cast. Each person fitted his role well, but their Jerry was struggling to reach the uppermost notes in a very high vocal line. He was a real cutie, however, so that made up for a lot! The director's life partner was cast as Malcolm, and while he's a very good actor and singer, he was allowed to ham it up way too much and steal focus throughout. Jeanette was hysterical.

The cast was wearing body mikes but the sound guy was not adjusting volume levels to the overloud orchestra and too many laugh lines got lost either in the music or in the uproarious laughter from the audience. (I had forgotten how truly funny this show is.)

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2007, 01:42:55 PM »

All this talk of lounge-ish music on today's TOD caused me to go to the thrift stores where I picked up, for very cheap, the CDs of:

JOHNNY DESMOND W/THE GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA,

HENRY MANCINI AND HIS ORCHESTRA AND CHORUS,

HERB ALBERT AND THE TIJUANA BRASS CLASSICS VOL 1,

and CHEB NASRO.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »

Thank you, DRs Jane and Ginny. I did enjoy being away from home for a change. I am such a homebody and nester that I have to constantly MAKE myself find things that will take me away from home more often.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »

The trip back home late this morning was very quick and easy. Not much traffic and it was an easy ride.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2007, 01:47:21 PM »

When I got in, got my business finished, and got through preparing lunch, I sat down for the first time in 24 hours and watching something on TV. I wanted something really light and funny, so I took out season 5 of FRIENDS and just picked an episode.

It happened to be the hilarious one with Rachel buying the $1,000 cat Mrs. Whiskerson, Phoebe trying to decide to move in with her cop boy friend or not (he shot a songbird making too much noise so that ended her decision making), and Ross and Joey tossing a ball for the entire episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »

Next, I watched the just acquired ROVING MARS, the IMAX documentary on the two rovers sent to Mars successfully and the information they sent back. Really enjoyed the documentary and wish it could have been at least double the length.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »

There are two special features on the disc. One is the background on the making of the film and the hopes for the MARS project. At 25 minutes, it was almost as long as the feature! Excellent background information.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »

Just off the phone with Time Warner - this time I hit the jackpot, customer service-wise.  Instead of my call going to the call center, it was routed to someone who's not an actual Time Warner employee, but someone who takes phone calls for them out of their home.  Well, this guy really knew what he was talking about and what a pleasure it was!  The first thing he told me is that any problems I'm having are definitely NOT related to the cable modem box - he said those boxes do not short, and can only work or not work.  So, he basically said the problem IS with Time Warner and can be happening because of the heat.  He said the signal coming into my modem is excellent, so what he's saying makes sense.  Everyone else I've spoken to EVER has never said it could be a Time Warner problem - it's always the consumer's problem.  Not only that, but unlike the others I spoke to, this guy gave me a credit because Time Warner has an on time guarantee - funny, no one mentioned that to me until this fellow.  Not only that, but he also gave me a credit for one month's free service because of what I've gone through for two days.  Now that's the kind of person who understands consumers and how a company should handle things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »

How can it be two o'clock already?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up