Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COLONIZING AT THE COLONY  (Read 61539 times)

MBarnum

Re:COLONIZING AT THE COLONY
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »

He has a personality?

He is just dripping with personality!

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

For those who have been curious...here is that famous nightclub dance sequence from the movie GUMNAAM (1965) of which BK, JRand56, and I have all loved!!

Please enjoy! And feel free to post your thoughts on this unique musical scene...if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkBAUlNVLRY&mode=related&search=

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

When you watch a sequence like this, do you imagine yourself as one of the dancers?

If so...which one?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »

Hey, "...ov.."!  What's shakin' down under?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »

One of the ones with a mask on.

MBarnum

« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »

Actually I imagine myself as one of the extras sitting at the tables watching the dance number.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

One of the ones with a mask on.

The gold satin, the pink with fringe or the suits?

;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »

We are enjoying the gentle rain fall.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »

Vibes and prayers for Elmore's Dad.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2007, 04:51:56 PM »

Today I went searching for pelicans, and I found some:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »

I am glad you are enjoying the rain, DR Tomovoz. I hope it lasts a good long time!

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »

An ethical question:  While I feel great otherwise, my cough is lingering.   But I have a ticket to see the Kristin Chenoweth concert at the Met tomorrow night and really want to see it.  But I'm sure that my cough may annoy other patrons.  Do I go and enjoy the concert, or would etiquette require that I not go in order to spare  the people around me the annoyance of hearing a semi-persistent cough, or at the very least, a consistent onslaught of cough drops during the performance?

Halls cough drops work well for me, the paper wrappers are pretty easy to open quietly. You could just open a bunch and put them in a plastic baggie
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 05:18:43 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Charles Pogue

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »

VIBES TO ELMORE'S DAD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »

Actually I imagine myself as one of the extras sitting at the tables watching the dance number.

That would be me, too. ::)

;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »

He is just dripping with personality!

He's filled with so much personality, his pectals are sagging! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »

[size=8]HUIT!!!!!!!![/size]
Why does this sound like the sound you make when hocking a lugie?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »

I now have a pecan mini-tart sitting in front of me, courtesy of a co-worker from a different floor.
Look, she's either a tart or respectable.  There is no in-between.

And enough of this commenting on the poor girl's height!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »

An ethical question:  While I feel great otherwise, my cough is lingering.   But I have a ticket to see the Kristin Chenoweth concert at the Met tomorrow night and really want to see it.  But I'm sure that my cough may annoy other patrons.  Do I go and enjoy the concert, or would etiquette require that I not go in order to spare  the people around me the annoyance of hearing a semi-persistent cough, or at the very least, a consistent onslaught of cough drops during the performance?
Wear a mask that disguises you as someone you don't like, and everyone will blame that person instead of you.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »

He has a personality?
He NEEDS a personality???

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »

Or you could give your ticket to a fellow artist who tried to get a ticket to the concert, but did not make it to the box office before it sold out.

;)

Seriously... I'm sure there will be other people coughing... And talking on their cell phones... Or filming the concert with their cellphones for YouTube.com...

Just see how you feel - and sound - in the morning, and take it from there.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2007, 05:45:06 PM »

Back from a good rehearsal - trying to keep the cast fresh now - I would not have chosen to do quite this many run-throughs at this point, but we have to because of tech issues, which are finally working themselves out.  However, I think once we have a theater-full of screaming kids, it will all be fresh as a daisy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »

Colonize at the Colony - Jose wins the sparkling prize - North By Northwest.  If he will send his address I will send him the prize.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2007, 05:49:14 PM »

More vibage for DR Larry's father.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »

I had an interesting thing with our producer/creator today - I'd given a note to an actor yesterday, asking him to try something - because the vocals on the songs are different voices, there's one solo bit that's a very LOW voice, which doesn't match our actor's voice at all.  So, I had him do the line into the song, going from his higher normal voice into a low voice for his final line of dialogue - on purpose.  He did it today and it got a big laugh - just perfect.  We had to stop because of a tech issue and our producer/creator asked him to try it in a completely different way - doing the line in a completely phony high voice.  I turned to him strongly and said, "No - it just worked perfectly."  And he said "I want to try it this way," and proceeded to tell the actor how to do it.  The actor just looked confused, because the producer/creator is not a director.  The actor did it, and it was awful.  Later, the producer/creator came up to me and told me I was right, but that he'd just wanted to try it.  I told him that trying things is fine, but that he has to filter his actor notes through me - actors cannot have notes coming from anyone but the director - he totally understood.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2007, 05:51:46 PM »

And then when the actor did it at the second run-through, the way we'd done it with the low voiced last line, it got an even bigger laugh.  I did not gloat, oh, no, I did not gloat.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »

VIBES OF HEALTH FOR DR ELMOORE'S DAD!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2007, 05:53:52 PM »

We had a lunch break today, so we wandered over to the mall and to the food court, and we got a couple of slices of Sbarro pizza.  I have always hated Sbarro in NY, but had never had it out here.  True to form, it was wretched and I was sorry to have wasted the calories on the piece and a half I had.  To get the taste out of my mouth I had two Mrs. Field's sugar cookies.  I also used my See's gift certificate and currently have a one-pound box of dark chocolate nuts and chews (and a few other things I found interesting) in my fridge.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »

I'm trying to decide if I should eat anything else - I think I might go to the Subway for something because one and a half slices of pizza probably isn't enough.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~HEALTH VIBES FOR LARRY MOORE SR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [/move] [/size]

prayers are being said constantly
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up