Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK STORIES  (Read 9344 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: NEW YORK STORIES
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Three Page Three
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »

Here's a quote from the musical director of the new improved PORGY AND BESS:

"At the beginning of the show, Clara is singing 'Summertime' to her baby. But when I listened to it, I asked myself, 'Why is she singing so high? That would wake the baby up. It has to be a lullaby.' So I took the whole thing down. And then I decided that I wanted to use an accordion, because whenever I hear an accordion it always transports me someplace else—a folkloric place that doesn't have machines. So the show now opens with Clara singing 'Summertime' as a duet with the accordion."

Oy! I'd never hire her. She sounds like a musical moron.

And it sounds like a show I'd never want to see

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »

From Jose:
A woman almost passed out in the lavatory about 30 minutes after we left Houston. Thankfully, there were three doctors on board, and they helped her out. They also convinced the ground crew and the captain that we did NOT need to turn around and head back to Houston. WHEW!

I'm glad you didn't have to turn around.  I'm curious, how did they know the woman passed out when she was in the bathroom, and how did they get into her?

LOL, I was wondering the same thing...

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2011, 12:46:55 PM »

MEGA TRAVEL VIBES TO DR ELMORE~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »

I went to garage sales this morning just for fun.  I found a few things, but nothing too exciting.  I'm not sitting with the windows open.  The kits are loving it.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »

My house is a mess and I have work to do at the office, but I've decided that today I'm going to just sit and do  a lot of nothing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »

This is the first time in weeks and weeks I've had time to have a just sit and do nothing or whatever I want to do day.....sort of a freedom day

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »

But it's on a weekend so I don't think that counts

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »

Mom had my grand niece Sophie call me today.  I would really like to see her, but they are only at the lake for one day and I am pooped!  I'm driving mom and dad to Joplin for Thanksgiving, so I'll see her then

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

And I'm going to her dad's wedding (second marriage) in February, weather permitting, so I'll see her again then

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »

TOD - my first trip to New York was when I was 15.  I have been there many times since then.  It was love at first sight for me and throughout the rest of high school and college I had a HUGE New York poster on my wall. I haven't been to New York in a couple years. Building the new business means less $$ for traveling.  I'm hoping to go again either this year or next. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

So where is everyone? You'd think that it was a beautiful saturday or something.

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »

maybe I'll go out and play with the electric hedge trimmer I bought at an auction a couple weeks ago

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »

Good morning, all! I am awake and pondering the events of the day. I've got very little to do beyond tidying the apartment and packing before I head to Newark. I guess I'll begin with the packing.

I have no other news at the moment, but I do beg, plead, and whimper for mega travel vibes today!

~~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:51 PM »

OK, since Rob has announced this on Facebook, I can tell you that yesterday he received a job offer from EMT, Inc. to be based at their Cincinnati station.  He and Mary Linda are thrilled - also relieved that he doesn't start until after their honeymoon!

Congratulations to DS Rob on the Job Offer!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »

I'm off to work...just for a couple of hours.  Then, I'm off to my parents' for dinner and probably some game playing.

Have a good day, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

Had a very good production meeting with the cameraman and a production assistant who's getting props for us.  I'm totally comfy with the cameraman for Monday's shoot (won't meet Tuesday's till Tuesday) - he's a musical theater fan, loves our cast, and loves the whole idea of the show.  He had lots of ideas, which will be very helpful to me. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »

Then I had an early dinner at Joe Allen, just so I wasn't eating right before seeing Follies and that whole dinner crush.  I also picked up my Follies ticket.  So, now I can relax until about seven-fifteen, at which point I'll mosey on over to the Marquis.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »

From Jose:
A woman almost passed out in the lavatory about 30 minutes after we left Houston. Thankfully, there were three doctors on board, and they helped her out. They also convinced the ground crew and the captain that we did NOT need to turn around and head back to Houston. WHEW!

I'm glad you didn't have to turn around.  I'm curious, how did they know the woman passed out when she was in the bathroom, and how did they get into her?

From what I could gather - and see since I was seated in the last row of the cabin - the woman went into the lavatory because she was feeling sick. She then signaled to one of the flight attendants that she was not feeling well. That's when she passed out. And that's when the "Is there a doctor on board?" announcement was made.

I had images of the flight attendants breaking into the little bathroom.  Good thing she had the sense to say something & that there were multiple doctor's on board.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »

Do you all remember that missing glass? It turned up tday while I was putting things away.

;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »

From Jose:

LOL, I was wondering the same thing...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was curious.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »

This is the first time in weeks and weeks I've had time to have a just sit and do nothing or whatever I want to do day.....sort of a freedom day

Good for you!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »

CONGRATS TO DS ROB!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »

I bought this stuff that's supposed to clean your dishwasher and get rid of any build up....wow!  It works!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »

Shortly I will be on my way to see Follies.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »

Back from a lovely bridal shower for Mary Linda.

Thanks to DRs Jennifer, Jane, George, and Cillaliz for the congrats for DS Rob!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »

I am all packed, and around 2:30 I will call for a car to take me to Port Authority.

DR FJL, Marcella clearly isn't happy with the high D-flats, which surprises me since I would expect her to have a solid high C, and she wanted optional choices, several of which are in the published sheet music - but this may be alterations for the popular consumer use of the music - and several of which she was willing to create. I cannot sanction either since I want to present the score as Herbert wrote it. If there were an option in for a lower key from existing notes on the full score, that might have been a possibility but I have no other sources than those I've already used to create the score and parts.

Safe trip.
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »

Travel vibes for Larry

Jane

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »

I bought this stuff that's supposed to clean your dishwasher and get rid of any build up....wow!  It works!

What did you use?  I've read Kool-aid works just as well.  I just wash ours with a cup of vinegar to get a bad smell out of there.  I tried baking soda first & it didn't work.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »

I am caught up, for today anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up