Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: YESTERDAY'S MASHED POTATOES  (Read 12645 times)

FJL

Re: YESTERDAY'S MASHED POTATOES
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »

Fudge at first Sight (or Site if sold over the internet)

FJL

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »

Fudge Makes the World Get round

FJL

« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

Keep your mouth open 'cause Fudge Will find a way

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »

Precious Gems Fudge, each one is a jewel
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »

Ooh, I like TCB's suggestion!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

In keeping with DR Laura's thought: GREETINGS AND SALIVATIONS
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »

Actually, TCB's suggestion reminds me that Marietta is the Gem City of the South, so...

I also like HERE COMES THE FUDGE, although the reference might be dated. (Of course, *I*, Edisaurus, know what it means!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »

Fudge at first Sight (or Site if sold over the internet)

Very clever. She hasn't branched out into the 'net yet, but might as well think big!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:14 PM »

Yesterday DR Cillaliz wrote re: the olympics
DR Jennifer, I'm jealous at the amount of coverage you can see there

Surprisingly, CTV (the main channel), is the one i'm watching the least. Because they just flip back and forth.

TSN (the sports network) and Rogers sports are showing complete events from the start. So one of them had the entire pairs figure skating last night. And the other had 500m long track speed skating in its entirety.

That is how i prefer to watch.

I wish I could watch that way.  It takes awhile to speed through all the stuff in-between the skaters.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I was just reading your post about how you thought the pairs skaters were much stronger this year.

I agree and disagree. I think many had the potential to be great. But I was very disappointed but how many teams missed their jumps. And i could not believe how team #3 was so out of sync in their turns. Ridiculous.

I thought the performance of the night last night was the chinese team who finished 2nd. I was so moved by them. Perfection!  The team that won was good too. But they missed that lift.

Darn, I haven't gotten that far.  I was hoping they would win.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

continued travel vibes for DR ELMORE.

I have removed the snow from the sidewalk and the driveway.  A neighbor kindly used his snowblower on both late yesterday afternoon, so I only had a bout two additional inches to remove.

I love neighbors like that. :)

Jane

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »

We are all quite ill with colds, so of course the realtors are calling wanting to show the house.  Oy.

Of course.  What will you do, sit in the car with the dogs until they are done?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »

Fudge Judy.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »

I didn't have toffee so I tried coffee on the snow instead of toffee - somehow it wasn't anything special.

ROTFLOL!

Jane

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »

Hi all - just a quick update on my Grandmother.  The communication from my family is rather non-existent, which is beginning to be frustrating.  No one cares to ask the right questions at the hospital, or  doesn't report on the Dr's latest visit - which IMO, isn't happening enough.  She had a rough day on Sunday, and instead of hearing about it Sunday, I heard about it Monday, and that is after I called my mother.  I'm hoping today, we'll have some medical update of sorts.

I'm sorry this is so frustrating & difficult.  As for your having to call your mother for the news, that is kind of normal that the children have to make the calls.  Don't feel too bad about it.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

Dakota, I’m sorry about the Bongo boys & hope this doesn’t happen again.

BOOK FINDING VIBES & SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENING VIBES!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »

I'm exhausted!  I spent the morning fixing the timeline problem, which was very complicated and involved moving quite a few things around.  I got that done and right, and then went and had lunch.  Upon my return, I dove into the problematic last chapter.  I decided to leave a few of the cuts I'd made, so I shortened it by ten pages so far, with about two more pages that could go if I still think it's reading long.  I'll run this all by muse Margaret later today, but I think the shortened version is so much better.  I still have a few things to add to earlier sections - minor stuff, including a couple of review quotes for Stages - but that won't amount to more than a half page.  In the end, if I don't make further cuts, we went from 531 manuscript pages to 521. 

Jane

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

Thank you DR’s Jose & Dakota. 

I think I’m staying patient & calm, at least for the next couple of weeks.  I have a light weight pole I use for my exercises.  I lie on the bed holding the pole in both hands & drop my arms as far as possible over & behind my head.  I can’t go back very far.  Yesterday the therapist gave me a 2 pound weight to wrap around the middle of the pole.  Today I went back a bit farther.  I’m hoping this will make a difference when I return for PT on Friday.

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »

TV tidbits:

The CW renews 'Top Model,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Supernatural,' 'Gossip Girl,' '90210' which I'm sure will make DR Jennifer happy.

These are early renewals which doesn't mean that SMALLVILLE or MELROSE PLACE are canceled. No decision on them has yet been made.

I am happy re: ANTM and Gossip Girl!

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I was just reading your post about how you thought the pairs skaters were much stronger this year.

I agree and disagree. I think many had the potential to be great. But I was very disappointed but how many teams missed their jumps. And i could not believe how team #3 was so out of sync in their turns. Ridiculous.

I thought the performance of the night last night was the chinese team who finished 2nd. I was so moved by them. Perfection!  The team that won was good too. But they missed that lift.

You were hoping who would win?  And did you read the results? Or how do you know whoever you wanted to win didn't win.

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »

I didn't know that UPS could just leave a package on the porch. Here i think they have to deliver to a person.

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »

DR Jane, re: the olympics do any of the other NBC channels show events all the way through?

Jane

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »

DR Ben, please sent Anthony AUDITION VIBES from me.

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »

They were showing a black couple from France (in the pairs skating last night). They said that she was born in Canada, and then moved to skate in Barbados, then got a citizenship in great britain and now in France.

What do others think of this? I know you  need to find your right partner. And i have no problem with that. Jamie Sale (gold medalist pair skater) seemed to think this was fine. I guess i don't have a problem with it for anything other than the Olympics. But to me for the Olympics you are representing your country. If you have dual citizenship somewhere than fine. But to switch countries four times seems really weird to me.

There was a Japanese skater who was skating for France last night too.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

You were hoping who would win?  And did you read the results? Or how do you know whoever you wanted to win didn't win.

There, I fixed the quote, leaving the part I was referring to.  I was hoping the Chinese team would win. 

So far I'm only part way through the first evening of the pairs competition.  Then NBC station I'm watching is the only one I could get so I don't know about the others.

LOL, I didn't read the results until I saw your post.  Don't worry, I knew the risk when I began reading.;)  I'm so far behind in my viewing I don't expect to have many surprises.  Like Cilla, it will be the same with the Westminster show.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »

I didn't know that UPS could just leave a package on the porch. Here i think they have to deliver to a person.

Even if you request it to be left?

Jane

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »

They were showing a black couple from France (in the pairs skating last night). They said that she was born in Canada, and then moved to skate in Barbados, then got a citizenship in great britain and now in France.

What do others think of this? I know you  need to find your right partner. And i have no problem with that. Jamie Sale (gold medalist pair skater) seemed to think this was fine. I guess i don't have a problem with it for anything other than the Olympics. But to me for the Olympics you are representing your country. If you have dual citizenship somewhere than fine. But to switch countries four times seems really weird to me.

There was a Japanese skater who was skating for France last night too.

I know what you mean.  It seems weird to me too.  I guess it has to do with the world getting smaller ;)

Jane

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »

Off to watch some more skating.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

wow, while i was watching the rest of the pairs short program no one has posted.  My favorite pair is still in 1st place having held the spot since the beginning.  After watching the other Chinese pairs skate I realize I don't know which talented pair Jennifer referred to.  I hope to finish watching tonight for the answer.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »

I did not see them skate in the short program.  I was kind of touched by the Japanese gal who became a Russian citizens in order to skate in the pairs competition.  I wonder why Japan doesn't compete in pairs.

l liked your Canadian couple, the one with the gal with the bad ankle.  I thought their costume was simple & attractive, a good color for them.  The way they hugged at the end I figured they were a couple off the ice as well as on.

Off to watch the 2nd round of pairs & see if my initial opinions hold.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up