Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OVEN  (Read 11275 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE OVEN
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:22:13 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes said lovin' like something in the oven, and now it is time for you to post until the lovin' cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE OVEN
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: PELAGIC!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 03:34:30 AM »

Greetings from Dublin! We left an hour late and arrived on time at 604mph. I am in the Hibernian Club and in need of sleep.

More later!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:51:15 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 04:12:40 AM »

Greetings from Dublin! We left an hour late and arrived on time at 604mph. I am in the Hibernian Club and in need of sleep.

More later!

Hope that means you're in good health!  Much love!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:10:20 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »

DR Chas -

Re your comment last night on leaving reviews on Amazon:

LOVED IT!

FJL

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 04:16:38 AM »

I hope you're right, Chas.  But then you do say that thing about the one time ina great while when you get (was it) suspicious and you are moved to look, and there you have it.  there are many people with way too much free time on the net, and all it takes is one person with too much free time out of hundreds who look at your list of recommendations.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

Glad you made it safely to Dublin, Elmore. More travel vibes for the Vixfamily, Elmore and anyone else moving about (and I hope we're all moving about).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »

Yes, more vibes to the vixfamily as well

FJL

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »

SATIRE ALERT

Most importantly, vibes to Usain Bolt for having to deal with the heavy burden of being a legend.

Favorite Bob Costas quote:  "As great as Bolt is, it's hard to have a higher opinion of him than he does of himself"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:19:35 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:01 AM »

SATIRE ALERT

Very importantly, to god for helping the winners of the various foot-races where god was thanked get to the head of the packs and get their medals, because of course - like the other losing nominees in the Tony and Oscar races - god doesn't watch over the other runners who don't come in first, second or third, god only watched over the three who get gold, silver or bronze.

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »

Good morning, all.

Coffee!!

I really must needs grab a nap later.  Five hours sleep:  will.  not.  cut.  it.

But I had to be up in case The Driveway People come a'knockin' to tell me it's time to start the last phase which will require the moving of automobiles.  Still a little damp out there, so that probably won't happen for a while.  I will be very glad when this is over.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: PELAGIC!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  BEYOND THE SEA

Michael

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 06:23:10 AM »

good morning to all. have a great day.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »

SATIRE ALERT

Most importantly, vibes to Usain Bolt for having to deal with the heavy burden of being a legend.

Favorite Bob Costas quote:  "As great as Bolt is, it's hard to have a higher opinion of him than he does of himself"

Well, after all, as some comedian has said - God also wanted DREAMGIRLS to win the Tony Award.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »

What is the story of Kurt Peterson playing Young Ben at the closing of FOLLIES?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »

Across the ocean travel vibes for DR ELMORE!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »

I will be working on lines today.....sooner or later.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 06:28:08 AM »

I read some of the additional reviews of ALBUM PRODUCED BY....  most excellent.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 06:29:38 AM »

How can someone who has not been nominated at the convention choose a running mate?

I am hoping for a BIG fight at the convention, and a dark horse to show his face......HOPING!!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:21 AM »

DR FJL, I wish I had a specific example of what I meant re Amazon.  It's not a typical review of a typical item.  Ever.  It's when there are gushing reviews of something widely known to be egregiously bad or dishonest, or an equivalently bizarre attack on something good.  It's something that stands out enough to raise the eyebrows of even a casual browser.

Oh, here's one.  A few years back someone issued a Blu-ray of the Fleischer animated GULLIVER'S TRAVELS, hawking it as an important advance in restoration using techniques that successfully transformed it into: widescreen!  All they had done was distort the picture by stretching it, and they actually issued it for sale that way.  In other words, here was a completely dishonest product, with a few people gushing about what a revelation it was, and going to great lengths attempting to deflect all negative comment about it. 

I think I've also seen people shilling for bootlegs and other such things.  Wish I had examples.  But that's all I'm talking about.  Just plain (and fancy) dishonesty in reviewing.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 06:32:35 AM »

It's Sunday.  And I'm sure the SUN will indeed make its presence known today.
 It will feel like SUNday!!!!
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »

Congratulations to DR Elmore on his ocean crossing!

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »

Did anybody here watch the 4 X 100 men's relay race yesterday?

I was watching with my niece and she was super excited. Obviously Jamaica and US were going to win the gold and silver (unless they dropped the baton or got DQed). But it was still very exciting for the Canadian team to have a chance for 3rd.

Anyhow the Canadian team did finish 3rd and my niece was jumping up and down. And they took out the Canadian flags and it was very exciting. We've only won 1 gold at these Olympics. But in this case winning a bronze was really like winning a gold.

They put up the official results and then about 10 minutes later they put up on the board that Canada was DQed.

My niece was inconsolable saying "i don't want to be disqualified". She was basically in tears. It's hard to explain to a 6 year old how these things work. My biggest problem with it is don't put the results up until it's official. That's how it's usually done if anything is questionable.

It was such a big disappointment and very upsetting, especially because my niece was so upset. What an amazing result it would have been.

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »

But some more exciting news for Canada today. They chose the flagbearer for the Closing Ceremonies. And it was my choice.

You'd think it would be the only gold medal winner. But to me it's more about whose win had the greatest impact. They chose Christine Sinclair, from the Women's bronze medal soccer team. She scored 3 goals in the semi-final game against the US (where the US won in the last few seconds of OT).

FJL

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 06:40:50 AM »

SATIRE ALERT

Well, after all, as some comedian has said - God also wanted DREAMGIRLS to win the Tony Award.

Didn't NINE win Best Musical?

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 06:41:43 AM »

I will be working on lines today.....sooner or later.

I'm sorry.  I don't do lines.

(That's from GYPSY, right?)

FJL

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »

How can someone who has not been nominated at the convention choose a running mate?

I am hoping for a BIG fight at the convention, and a dark horse to show his face......HOPING!!!

It's an honor just to be nominated.

Even if it hasn't happened yet.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »

They just referred to the announcement of Paul Ryan as an "unveiling" on NBC.

What an odd turn of phrase.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »

DR FJL, I wish I had a specific example of what I meant re Amazon.  It's not a typical review of a typical item.  Ever.  It's when there are gushing reviews of something widely known to be egregiously bad or dishonest, or an equivalently bizarre attack on something good.  It's something that stands out enough to raise the eyebrows of even a casual browser.

Oh, here's one.  A few years back someone issued a Blu-ray of the Fleischer animated GULLIVER'S TRAVELS, hawking it as an important advance in restoration using techniques that successfully transformed it into: widescreen!  All they had done was distort the picture by stretching it, and they actually issued it for sale that way.  In other words, here was a completely dishonest product, with a few people gushing about what a revelation it was, and going to great lengths attempting to deflect all negative comment about it. 

I think I've also seen people shilling for bootlegs and other such things.  Wish I had examples.  But that's all I'm talking about.  Just plain (and fancy) dishonesty in reviewing.

I'll probably do my usual hemming and hawing and procrastinating until BK comes to New York and asks me at Joe Allen's why I haven't posted my review yet and I have no answer and finally just do it.  That often works quite well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up