Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: HO, HO, HO  (Read 28202 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HO, HO, HO
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »

Kevin has come and gone, I'm listening to a CD or two, then will settle down with a DVD.

td

• td
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

Hmm... I think I have a new favorite Stevie Wonder song, "All In Love Is Fair". :)

. . .And Ms. Streisand does a wonderful version of that on her "The Way We Were" cd, which in reality is NOT called "The Way We Were," but was initially pressed that way. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

The Humane Society sent me a video of the undercover investigation that put the posh Pets of Bel Air Pet Shop, pet boutique to the rich and famous, out of business.  If you want to see the video, and/or sign the pledge to put puppy mills out of business, Click Here

Thank you , Jane!
I've signed and forwarded; I wonder if I could sign again with Dixie Bell's name. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »

I think I have figured out the iPod shuffle conundrum.  I ripped CDs to my music folder on my C: drive and then "sent" the files to my iPod on my J: drive.  It seems to have worked.  I won't know, of course, until the danged thing has charged itself up.  It's been a couple of hours since I first plugged it in...don't know how long it's supposed to take.  The so-called instructions tell me nothing of value.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2007, 04:22:25 PM »

If you have a second address. ;)

Now that I'm on the Humane Society email list I receive up-dates & various petitions to sign.  It is nice when I read the accomplishments such as:

1. The last two states -- New Mexico and Louisiana -- outlawed cockfighting, and Congress passed a seminal law strengthening penalties for animal fighting

2. Horse slaughter was finally eliminated on U.S. soil when Texas and Illinois shut down the last remaining slaughterhouses in the nation.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »

Hmm... I wonder if we could have some sort of Virtual Lunch or maybe even just a Virtual Snack.   A couple of us DRs could send out a particular treat to the other DRs.  And then at a certain time on a certain day, we could all bite into said treat at the same moment.  -And, then, of course, post our reactions.  And since I don't think everyone has sampled my Chocolate-Chip-Oatmeal-Pecan-Toffee Cookies... Hmm...  -I believe DR Jane liked them.  :)

That sounds REALLY good....wish I could sample one  ;)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »

I only get dogs from shelters; I only get cats from shelters or the street.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »

Listening right now to "les Parapluies de Cherbourg".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »

My cats are both from the Shelter.  Well, I'm on my way back to the office.  Lots to do and I got a little distracted last night.  There is just so much going on during the day I can't seem to keep up.  Tomorrow I have a seminar in the morning and nothing scheduled in the afternoon so I have a little more time to catch up.  I actually like it there at night. it's nice and quiet....well...laters

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »

I went to a Bill Richardson event today and they showed me in the audience on two different news channels...boy do I need a haircut!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »

Four more hours till the shuttle arrives.

A load of clothes is finishing up.  I'm bathed and in fresh clothing!  Ahhh.

Jane

« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »

I did get a cat from a pet store once.  I hadn't intended to but she kept pawing me through the cage and crying at me.  She didn't do this to anyone so I figured it was me she wanted.  We went from the pet store to the vet and the vet said to take her back as the store was notorious for selling sick pets.  Of course I couldn't.  The next time we took her to the vet, we walked in and the entire office wanted to know where we got the beautiful, healthy, sweet cat.  They were shocked it was the same scraggly cat.  That was Gaia, the best cat ever, & I guess we rescued her from the pet store.  As tempting as it can be, I won't pay to "rescue" a pet from a store or breeder any more.

As you know, we have a weakness for purebred dogs.  I'm ok with that as long as I research the breeder carefully.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

In today's mail:  Jury summons for January 7.  Same day as the earliest possible dental followup appointment that I could get with the endodontist.  Sigh.  Oh, well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »

I hope this iPod shuffle actually takes a charge.  It's doing nothing right now but flashing an orange light.  Same story the past two hours.  I need a green light.

Just to be sure, I disconnnected, attached ear plugs and turned it on.

Nothing.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

After Keith returned from the gym he went hiking with Sherlock and me.  Usually when he joins us my hike is shorter, sort of a bummer but I like his company.  It was so lovely out today, 43 & sunny, we took a longer hike.  I was happy on several counts, Keith’s company, the longer sunny hike, and Keith took charge of Sherlock so I didn’t have to wear my splint today.  Basically I only wear it now for driving, taking Sherlock out, or lifting anything with some weight to it.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:08 PM »

Someday, I shall have a dog.

I may have more than a dog.

Someday.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »

Ron, sorry about the ipod.  Can you get a postponement on the jury duty date since it conflicts with the follow-up appointment.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »

I thought Boo showed up at your house and insisted she belonged to you.  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »

Where did the 1970s go?  Anyone here remember them fondly?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »

We got a kitten from a pet store once; it was the day DR Sandra learned how to get what she wants from a man. Her dad didn't stand a chance.

The kitten was sort of a rescue; the pet store took in the litter of kittens that was bound for the pound. Sandra made payments on him over several weeks out of her allowance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »

But I ain't go no set up assistant.  

Hmmmmmm, missing a consonant there, I see.  Are you using my keyboard? :)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2007, 05:00:07 PM »

I thought Boo showed up at your house and insisted she belonged to you.  :)

;D  That was My Sin.  She walked into our apartment, proceeded to hiss at Gaia & Gaia's daughter Maria (I'll never permit kittens again either) and give them an upper-respiratory infection they almost didn't service.  At least she didn't give them her distemper.

My Sin was the cat that protected and watched out for the boys when they were babies.  And taught them respond with a hiss when asked "what does a cat say". ;D

Jane

« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2007, 05:01:14 PM »

We got a kitten from a pet store once; it was the day DR Sandra learned how to get what she wants from a man. Her dad didn't stand a chance.

The kitten was sort of a rescue; the pet store took in the litter of kittens that was bound for the pound. Sandra made payments on him over several weeks out of her allowance.

This is soooo sweet.  How old was DR Sandra?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »

Fourth grade.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »

Ron, sorry about the ipod.  Can you get a postponement on the jury duty date since it conflicts with the follow-up appointment.  

Jury duty for a dental appointment?  D'ya think it'd fly?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #235 on: December 12, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »

Hmmmmmm, missing a consonant there, I see.  Are you using my keyboard? :)

One like it, no doubt.  Is yours wireless?  I've been burning up the keys.  I'm bound to miss a consonant or two at some point.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 05:14:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »

Jury duty for a dental appointment?  D'ya think it'd fly?

Since it is a follow-up appoint for root canal, it might.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »

Oh, good golly.  I think I'm depressed.

I listened to both CDs of "le Parapluies de Cherbourg", and then followed it up listening to The Carpenters sing "Merry Christmas, Darling".

It's good I use an electric razor!

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: December 12, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »

Since it is a follow-up appoint for root canal, it might.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps....

Jane

« Reply #239 on: December 12, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

Craig was about the same age as DR Sandra when he sat clutching Bacall at the vet’s office, looking irresistibly cute I just had to take her.  Besides, how could I say no when I was taking Bogie.  I paid the small fee for them & both boys agreed to help take care of them.  Gotta give Bryan credit for that one since he was hesitant about having two more cats.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up