Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A LITTLE BEHIND  (Read 25124 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A LITTLE BEHIND
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »

Jrand, it will be a pdf, not via mail, but I just have to update things before sending it.

I'll try the download thing again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »

I think you were right about the air crash in '61, DR MATTH....sometimes things run together for me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2006, 02:11:24 PM »

Jrand, it will be a pdf, not via mail, but I just have to update things before sending it.

I'll try the download thing again.

Oh....hope I enough ink to print it out.  I will need to get some 3-hole punch paper.  :P

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2006, 02:13:36 PM »

I think we are all bogging down the Cinematreasures web site.  The administrators are probably wondering what is going on.

THey should be happy that we are advertising the site....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2006, 02:13:49 PM »

The Awful Truth with Cary and Irene is on TCM again this evening.

If you are using RapidShare and have already downloaded something today....you will have to wait a few hours before you can do another download....then it will work as DRMBARNUM says.....scroll down...click FREE wait for the seconds to tick down then enter the password that comes up.

IF you are at your free limit you won't get that page that allows you to click FREE.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2006, 02:14:50 PM »

Regent.

DR Tomovoz, both theatres that you have posted are beautiful and must have been a real treat to see.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2006, 02:15:22 PM »

The Awful Truth with Cary and Irene is on TCM again this evening.

If you are using RapidShare and have already downloaded something today....you will have to wait a few hours before you can do another download....then it will work as DRMBARNUM says.....scroll down...click FREE wait for the seconds to tick down then enter the password that comes up.

IF you are at your free limit you won't get that page that allows you to click FREE.

I prefer yousendit... RapidShare is not too bad.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »

Guess I'll head down now for household chores and then some DVD watching. Indy Jones and his dad are calling me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »

The new ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST has some nice vintage photos of Newman & Woodward, Audrey Hepburn, and Ava Gardner.

Also a short Rock Hudson pictorial - he is giving a barbecue for guests that include Lori Nelson and Julia Adams (both pictured).

The expert writing the current article of course declares that Rock was dating a script girl at the time, Betty Abbott....wife of Bud Abbott.  The expert should know of course that Betty Abbott was Bud's daughter!  And she worked as a continuity person at Universal for MANY MANY years....  Where do the find these "experts?"

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2006, 02:24:37 PM »

I think you were right about the air crash in '61, DR MATTH....sometimes things run together for me.

Wiped out our entire world championship level team and it took us years to rebuild it. Peggy Fleming was the next bright light on the scene, but that was several years away before she'd win her first world championship (1966).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

Thanks, DR MATTH....just let me know what you think....I believe it was HULOT'S HOLIDAY and maybe MON ONCLE or something that I saw and .... well didn't watch ALL of either of them.....

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2006, 02:26:31 PM »

The new ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST has some nice vintage photos of Newman & Woodward, Audrey Hepburn, and Ava Gardner.

Also a short Rock Hudson pictorial - he is giving a barbecue for guests that include Lori Nelson and Julia Adams (both pictured).

The expert writing the current article of course declares that Rock was dating a script girl at the time, Betty Abbott....wife of Bud Abbott.  The expert should know of course that Betty Abbott was Bud's daughter!  And she worked as a continuity person at Universal for MANY MANY years....  Where do the find these "experts?"

What a gaffe! If he HAD been dating someone's wife (rather than ex-wife), it would have been kept quiet!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »

Wiped out our entire world championship level team and it took us years to rebuild it. Peggy Fleming was the next bright light on the scene, but that was several years away before she'd win her first world championship (1966).

I still remember those terrible b/w images....maybe they were reporting the story on ABC....and had some special report on the Wide World of Sports (remember THAT on Saturday afternoons?) and I just imagined it as part of an Olympics report.  The ABC Olympics in 1960 are the first ones I remember watching.   ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2006, 02:27:55 PM »

Thanks, DR MATTH....just let me know what you think....I believe it was HULOT'S HOLIDAY and maybe MON ONCLE or something that I saw and .... well didn't watch ALL of either of them.....

Will do.

And now, WBBL . . . .

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »

What a gaffe! If he HAD been dating someone's wife (rather than ex-wife), it would have been kept quiet!

LOL or even someone's husband!  :o

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »

a lull

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2006, 03:08:48 PM »

No screams from DR Jed?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2006, 03:12:05 PM »

bk, I am glad you enjoyed the Cinema Treasures site. I came across it last year when I was working on a paper for a class in architectural history.

IT is a nostalgic walk indeed!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2006, 03:14:51 PM »

I think I will watch THE SERVANT with Sir Dirk Bogarde

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »

Ben: Yes, it was a Ricoh. It wasn't one you'd buy for your home, though -- it was an office machine. Interestingly, the printer vice-president called me today to ask how the new machine is working. I told him the problems we are having (not their fault -- some defaults and things need to be set), and he said he'd get back with us. The squeaky wheel is getting the grease now.

Today I took my son's truck in for service and went for a walk while it was being worked on. It must have needed a lot of work because I am quite sunburned now!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »

DR Jed is off at his first day of work, presumably having a grand time finding out about health plans and such things.

I am trying to get used to the expanse of time that I now find myself confronted with during the days.  I did have a job interview this morning, though, which helped speed things up.  It was a good job, I'd like to get it...here's hoping.

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »

I think I will watch THE SERVANT with Sir Dirk Bogarde
One of the truly great actors of the 20th Century IMHO.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »

DR Jed is off at his first day of work, presumably having a grand time finding out about health plans and such things.

I am trying to get used to the expanse of time that I now find myself confronted with during the days.  I did have a job interview this morning, though, which helped speed things up.  It was a good job, I'd like to get it...here's hoping.
I meant screams from the Library!
Best of wishes for a good interview outcome DR Ann.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and I found this blue heron that caught a fish too big to swallow:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »

I also saw this gentleman mockingbird, who was singing love songs to attract a lady:

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »

::fingers crossed ::: I am hoping for you also DR Ann!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2006, 03:33:54 PM »

~~~Job Vibes for DR Ann!!~~~

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2006, 03:34:59 PM »

DR Elmore,  DO NOT WATCH the Scifi Channel at 9am Eastern....

THat program they call a show is on at that time.... YOu know which one I am talking about... So much for quality!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:35:40 PM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »

Got the Goldsmith downloaded, thanks.

I'm thinkin' we'll reach our new plateau this evening - only about forty postings to go.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »

DR Elmore,  DO NOT WATCH the Scifi Channel at 9am Eastern....

THat program they call a show is on at that time.... YOu know which one I am talking about... So much for quality!
[/quote
STARGATE?  I never watch it, although I knew Ben Browder back in the early 90s, and he's a nice man
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:10:36 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up