Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOTHER LODE OF HITCHCOCK  (Read 16868 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE MOTHER LODE OF HITCHCOCK
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »

I shot, developed, and printed this in my tiny kitchen on the edge of the Hills of Beverly.  This was at a lecture/Q&A thing where we'd just watched Mr. Stewart's 16mm print of "Rear Window".

Nice.  When did you get him to autograph it?

I mailed it to his home and asked him if he would sign and return it, which he did promptly.  I worked with someone who knew him, and he assured me that Stewart would respond.

DR MBarum assured me that Dorothy Provine would repsond, but I was too chicken to write to her.

Me, too...but with Sondheim. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »

All visitors have come and gone.  I'll leave for the dinner party in about an hour.

Danise

« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »

BTW do you still have Bonnie Blue?
  Thank you for all the vibes, DR VixMom.  Sending some your way as well.  I think we all could use some.

To answer your question, yes i still have my Bonnie Blue.  She is now six and I used part of the money to take her in for her thirty thousand mile check up.  Had all fluids changed, tires rotated, etc. 

The guy at the shop gets such a kick out  of her milage.  He says I really am the little old lady who only drives Bonnie on Sunday.  :)  He would buy her in a heartbeat because he knows I take good care of her.  :)  No way, by the way.  She's still my girl. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »

I do not twitter or tweet
  I only got stared because I thought the AC show might like me to tweet updates about the house.  I get followers and then some of them go.  I don't know who the heck they are anyway. 

I stopped following one celeb because I didn't like the language he kept using.  I mean a few curse words here or there don't bother me but not every other word. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

That's not to say that I'm an angel and never use them.  I just don't like using them to that extreme.  That's another thing I like about our board.  You all don't have to curse every other word to get your point across.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »

All of you whining about the hot weather.  It could be worse, you could live in Baltimore.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »

Good morning, all! Yesterday was another frustrating day, at times.

I'm now caught in the middle of this vocal book megillah for the Irish and British singers. I sent several corrections to my friend Curtis yesterday and he made them all, including one I screwed up and asked him to redo. He said he would do it last night, and I am still waiting for it. I need it it ASAP so I can then travel to Toyland, print the correction and schlep the vocal book to the McGllinnventory for printing and shipping.

Then, I got home, had to write some revisions for the EILEEN notes before I had a 2.5-hour phone conversation with the Man from Philadelphia. I've got two pieces to revise and one to trim.

When I left Toyland yesterday, I got to the subway platform and there was an express train sitting on the local track. As I walked down the platform, the announcer said it was delayed, but I thought, hey, it's air conditioned and the platform isn't, so I got on it. I asked a passenger how long the train had been delayed there, and he saud about 5 minutes but it had taken the train over an hour to get from Wall street to 28th Street because the subway was having a series of brownouts as the power came and went. About five minutes later, the train slowly moved and I was home  after about a 30-minute ride.

This could be a bad day if the power keeps going out. I think I will stick to buses today.
Power vibes to DR Elmore! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »

Is that a cartoon balloon over his head like in the comics?  I bet there are some four letter words in it.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »

I'm really stressing out from lack of communication.  It is difficult to communicate when emails aren't returned.  I just sent my nephew a text.
  Communication vibes to DR Jane! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »

Getting ready to see my beloved goddaughter in an Oscar Wilde production. I've had a little dinner, and I will leave in around 30 minutes/

I have lost my autographs from Lotte Lenya amd Benjamin Britten. I do have a Gerge Gershwin autographat the bottom of a Gershwin drawing,
  Have a wonderful time, DR Elmore!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

DR's John G & Druxy, it was fun to see the two of you together.
  I agree!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »

Went to the doctor yesterday.  I have a 9mm stone--this time on the right side.  I did everything I was told.  I took the pills the doctor said would stop them from forming.  I drank lemonade for lunch and dinner and STILL i formed a big honking stone.  I haven't drank any dark colored liquids either.  I don't know how to stop them.

I guess it's another day surgery for me but this time I can't bother Thelma.  She is helping the guy across her street who is dying of brain cancer.  I can't have her go with me so I will have to stay in the hospital overnight if they want to keep an eye on me afterwards.  

DR Danise I'm sure you aren't the first person to do everything right & still get a stone.  Does the stone hurt?  Is it urgent that you remove it?

VIBES!!!!
  Thanks DR Jane.  I will put it like this.  The doctor said, you've know about this since February and haven't been to see me until now.  I tried to explain I had other things going on.  He said if that stone blocks my tube (because at that size I can't pass it), I could lose my kidney and NOTHING should have been more important than getting it taken care of ASAP.  What can I say? 

I have to go for the usual tests, KUB and such.  Then we will pick a date.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »

All of you whining about the hot weather.  It could be worse, you could live in Baltimore.

;D 

DR Danise you might be right about the reaction to this, that or right after the photo was taken he was rolling on the floor laughing.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »

Went to the doctor yesterday.  I have a 9mm stone--this time on the right side.  I did everything I was told.  I took the pills the doctor said would stop them from forming.  I drank lemonade for lunch and dinner and STILL i formed a big honking stone.  I haven't drank any dark colored liquids either.  I don't know how to stop them.

I guess it's another day surgery for me but this time I can't bother Thelma.  She is helping the guy across her street who is dying of brain cancer.  I can't have her go with me so I will have to stay in the hospital overnight if they want to keep an eye on me afterwards.  

DR Danise I'm sure you aren't the first person to do everything right & still get a stone.  Does the stone hurt?  Is it urgent that you remove it?

VIBES!!!!
  Thanks DR Jane.  I will put it like this.  The doctor said, you've know about this since February and haven't been to see me until now.  I tried to explain I had other things going on.  He said if that stone blocks my tube (because at that size I can't pass it), I could lose my kidney and NOTHING should have been more important than getting it taken care of ASAP.  What can I say? 

This sounds serious.  You knew about it for 4 months?  Did it hurt all this time?

Danise

« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »

It  has gotten unexpectedly cool here today. It's only 79 right now. Unexpected rains this morning. Now this. Guess we're letting you enjoy all the heat, DR Ben.

Thanks so very much, John. Remind me to do you a favor like that sometime!!!

It's 92, feels like 99.

It sure does.  My big outing today:  driving to Burger King for a BACON SUNDAE. 
I must have one of those soon.
  I'm sorry but I like ice cream.  I like bacon.  But the thought of the two together makes me, how does BK put it?  Makes me want to vomit on the ground. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

;D 

DR Danise you might be right about the reaction to this, that or right after the photo was taken he was rolling on the floor laughing.
  Well that's good.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

It  has gotten unexpectedly cool here today. It's only 79 right now. Unexpected rains this morning. Now this. Guess we're letting you enjoy all the heat, DR Ben.

It's 92, feels like 99.

I'm sorry but I like ice cream.  I like bacon.  But the thought of the two together makes me, how does BK put it?  Makes me want to vomit on the ground. 

;D

I cringe every time I read about that horrid combination, but more for how very unhealthy it is than that is sounds disgusting.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »

I'm really stressing out from lack of communication.  It is difficult to communicate when emails aren't returned.  I just sent my nephew a text.
  Communication vibes to DR Jane! 

Thank you.

Danise

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

VIBES!!!!

This sounds serious.  You knew about it for 4 months?  Did it hurt all this time?
On and off.  Sometimes I am more "aware" it's there then others. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »

It's 92, feels like 99.

;D

I cringe every time I read about that horrid combination, but more for how very unhealthy it is than that is sounds disgusting.

You could use tofu bacon.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »

LOL-That sounds just as distasteful.

Danise

« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »

On an up note I was able to get hold of the news reporter that covered my house and she is going to help our bus ridership by filming a story about us and how it would hurt us if they take our bus.  :)  The will happen the week of July 9th.   I told her I didn't have to be filmed but she said she wants to meet with me too.  Guess I'm starting to be a regular on the local and national networks.  I wonder if I could get my own show?

I would watch!!!!

So would I.

VIBES THE STORY HELPS YOU KEEP THE BUS!!!

Thanks, DR Jane.  Jackie is very nice and I think she understands that even if this "just affects 30 people", it's important to them.  I'm sure we will come up with a plan if this doesn't work but I don't want to say that to loud.  I want the bus to stay where it is.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »

Is the bus full when you ride it?

ChasSmith

« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

Since DR ChasSmith is a Hitchcock fan and relatively new here, I will mention that my uncle, Ed Fitzgerald, was the cameraman on THE ROPE. Jimmy Stewart was a good friend of my Aunt Margaret. But, alas, this was all before my time. When I was a little girl Eddie was shooting LASSIE and THE GALE STORM SHOW.

That's nice to hear.  I have all the films here, and haven't seen ROPE in a long time so I'll make a point of watching it soon.  Like, in the next day or so.

Danise

« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

DR DANISE you're going to qualify for AFTRA retirement benefits if you are on tv again!  You are a regular!!
  I would love that!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »

VIBES!!!!

My sister and I are both prone to kidney stones, she more so than me. No doctor has been able to figure out what causes them, but it's landed her in the hospital three times in the past month. There has been no word, however, of losing a kidney and I think that's frightfully alarmist talk on your doctor's part. If he talks more about it, perhaps you need another doctor.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

Stone go away Vibes for Danise

From me too. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Thank you DR Jennifer!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

It's 92, feels like 99.

;D

Read a story today about deep-fried cereal at some state fair. The reviews  were not good because they said it was greasy and too dry. Well, it's deep-fried cereal. What did you expect?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »

Kind of wishing I didn't have to go to this dinner party thing - good folks will be there and I'm sure it will be fun, but it's kind of a schlep.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up