Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOUNGING PYJAMAS AND A SMOKING JACKET  (Read 28333 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:LOUNGING PYJAMAS AND A SMOKING JACKET
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2004, 09:17:38 PM »

Jason - What you just wrote is very heartfelt and honest and moving. It's simple and from the depth of your soul. My number one rule in relationship is to always be HONEST. That's all that I ask for (and it's a lot) and that's all that I guarantee. And I've found that it seems to work. Those who are noble and brave enough to be honest and to allow me to be so are few and far between and worth waiting for. Which is my long preamble to asking... So have you said to this person what you said above? Edit it and write it to yourself - then pretend that this person is reading it. Look at it through the person's eyes and see what you think. If it works, then write it in a letter or an email. I'm not sure about text messaging - I've never used it for anything major, but I suppose that could also work. I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 09:20:06 PM by Panni »

Jason

« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2004, 09:17:38 PM »

It's being released on DVD with a bonus disc of current Broadway stars and starlettes. Should be a good one.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2004, 09:18:44 PM »

DR Danise - I know what you meet about teeth problems...

One of my roommates in college endured a couple of days in a row with a severe stomach ailment.  He couldn't keep any food down, and everything the doctor gave him never really seemed to ease the pain for more than a few hours at a time.  I'm just glad his girlfriend was staying with him at the time playing nursemaid.  In any case, he finally came home one day, and he looked 300% better.  It turned out he had some infection deep down in his molars, and, just as you described, he just kept ingesting and digesting the bacteria and the "other stuff" from the infection.  Thankfully, when he went back to the college clinic that day he mentioned that he had been having some pain in his jaw...  Otherwise, they were all set to pump his stomach that afternoon.  Ugh!

A few years ago, I also remember reading something in Men's Health - or some fitness magazine - that cited a study that found a correlation between wisdom teeth and hear disease.  Apparently, men who retained their wisdom teeth were more likely to have heart problems later in life.  Hmm... I still have my wisdom teeth.  Ah, well... That was just one study.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2004, 09:20:49 PM »

Panni: I want to do that...I really, really do...but my fear that I'm being bothersome and beating a dead horse is what's stopping me from doing it. What if that just makes me look even more psycho? What if there's no real problem and I'm just overreacting? So many what if's and I have no idea what to do. Do you really think that'd be a good idea--sending an email?

Panni

« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »

Jason - I don't know the extent of your correspondence... but if you began an email with what you just said  (with humor) and stated up front that you don't want to seem like a stalker psycho, but you just wanted to clearly say what you had to say... Then say it simply. And make sure to put in that even if he decides not to move forward right now with your friendship (or whatever you want to label it) you truly enjoyed your time together. In other words, give him room to withdraw with dignity if that's what he choses to do, but also give yourself the satisfaction of knowing that you clearly stated your feelings so that they could not be misunderstood. And you have such a wonderful sense of humor, Jason - so make sure to use it in your note if you decide to write one. A great sense of humor can be very sexy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2004, 09:29:16 PM »

DR MattH - TRICK is one of my favorite "feel good" movies.  Just very sweet.

Hmmm... DR Jason - Have you seen TRICK?  It actually may be a good movie for you to watch in your current "state".  The main action of the movie takes place over the course of one night - one date - and the emotions, feelings and situations run the gamut.  Only after they both stop trying so hard to have a good time, after they stop trying to be passionate... They relax, breathe, be themselves and smile.  And even though we're not really sure what happens to them when that David Friedman song starts playing over the credits... We - they - had a wonderful night.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2004, 09:32:55 PM »

...And I would also advise waiting until you're rested to write a note. Sleep on it, dream on it, let your subconscious work on it. Then send it. And don't sell yourself short. You deserve a wonderful person. Why not? (And BTW - You didn't take this person hostage (I assume) - so the person chose to be with you initially. Don't forget that!)

Panni

« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »

What am I all of a sudden - Dr. Ruth? Oy.

Jason

« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2004, 09:35:04 PM »

I think at this point I'd be better off just leaving things as they are and giving us both a little space. Slow things down (on my end) and hopefully things will reset and restart. I don't want to take a wait-and-see stance on it, but I think I've done enough damage for one week. If he wants to call, he will. And if there's no problem and I'm just freaking out for no reason, then I'm sure he will call. I'll give it a few days and if nothing happens, perhaps then I'll consider the email idea, explain myself and then leave the ball in his court. He can do with it what he will at that point.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. You guys are wonderful.

Panni

« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2004, 09:40:33 PM »

I think at this point I'd be better off just leaving things as they are and giving us both a little space.

Also an excellent idea.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #220 on: July 05, 2004, 09:47:13 PM »

Good advice for DRJASON.....after a bit, he will say to himself....oh, wonder why I haven't heard from Jason?  Hehehehe....and then he does!

Hope the callbacks are going like gangbusters.  And we need to start giving good vibes for MR BK's Tuesday pretty soon.

I too an anxious to see the Broadway movie....but probably won't get a chance locally...until DVD!

BOOKWORM is something I enjoy, but I can't get over 450,000 or so....but I am trying.

On the Game Show Network site at www.gsn.com there is a game called Phrase Frenzy that you play with two other people.....trying to type in ten phrases, titles, etc on one subject.  It is fun!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........time for bed, I guess.  See ya tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:27:31 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2004, 09:48:38 PM »

MattH, I think McKay said the film will be released on DVD at Christmas.

Panni

« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2004, 09:51:09 PM »

Geez - I'm looking at an ad for "Designer Laser Vaginoplasty"
..."re-sculpt and rejuvenate the vulvar structures with our one hour trademarked laser surgical procedures."
"Don't be fooled by imitators; ask to see the trademarked document from the US Patent and Trademark Office."

IS NOTHING SACRED?? (Wonder what ads we'll see on the Home Page?)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2004, 09:54:53 PM »

McKay also said that he had over three hundred hours of these actors talking...Said he is offered and is exploring to do a Inside the Actor's Studio type show with all this footage sans host.  I think it would be a great idea...I much rather see Liz Ashley or Ben Gazzara or Rosemary Harris talking about their career and that time than listening to Lipton being unctuous and ass-kissing with Jennifer Lopez.

He said initially people would offer him only fifteen minutes and then when they started talking, they would go on for hours.   He said Liz Ashley filled about six tea saucers full of cigarette butts as she went on late into the night.

He shows a wonderful screen test of Laurette Taylor that probably only touchs on her genius, but it is quite wonderful...everyone who saw her raved about her performance.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2004, 10:22:32 PM »

DR Jason: Der Brucer and I started with smitten.  It kept growing, rather rapidly, and changed both of our lives.  It's been more eightteen years now.

I don't see anything wrong with starting with smitten.  As I recall, it felt wonderful.

Get that e-mail written, at least.  Then decide what to do with it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2004, 10:43:57 PM »

Just saw a CNN item about rats in Mozambique trained to sniff out landmines. They walk through fields, sniffing away, tethered to their trainers, and only get fed on weekdays when they find a mine. On weekends they can pig out (rat out?).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:44:56 PM by Panni »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2004, 10:45:43 PM »

I'm turning in early tonight.  I had lots of fun at work today, re-arranging the markdown section so we could fit in the new markdowns, and then re-arranging lots of other stuff.  Tomorrow is a day off, but there's lots of work that's backed up here at home.

So I'm wussburgering.  'Nite!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2004, 10:47:09 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  Callbacks were fine, but I am still without a leading man and one of the second banana ladies.  Our favorite candidate for the leading man just looks ten years too old for the part.  And I just didn't see many good ladies for the other roles.  One of them would be okay, but I tend not to settle for okay.  We'll see some more people tomorrow during the day.

Get your excellent vibes and xylophones ready for the morning, won't you?  I need tomorrow to go well on all accounts for many reasons.

Jed

« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2004, 10:59:47 PM »

On the Game Show Network site at www.gsn.com there is a game called Phrase Frenzy that you play with two other people.....trying to type in ten phrases, titles, etc on one subject.  It is fun!

Oh my, I'd forgotten about that one.  I'm a Phrase Frenzy master.  Why do I have a feeling I'll end up playing some of that tomorrow (or later tonight)...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Panni

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2004, 11:00:49 PM »

And again for bk....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2004, 11:19:58 PM »

Good! George is getting Danise hooked. Then Danise will get someone else hooked...   My work here is done.

It's like the old shampoo commercial:  you'll tell two friends, then they'll tell two friends, and so on and so on and so on... ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2004, 11:21:23 PM »

After digesting the whimsy and diluted innocence of BIG FISH, I have pulled TRICK off the shelf and will re-watch it in its entirety tomorrow.

Damn!  I wish I could pull a TRICK off the shelf whenever I wanted!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2004, 11:25:42 PM »

DR TCB: You mean you can't?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2004, 11:28:37 PM »

Put your head on my shoulder
You need someone who's older
A chat with someone you can trust.
There is nothing you can take
To relieve that pleasant ache
You're not sick
You're just in lust

« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 11:35:29 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2004, 11:30:52 PM »

Didn't realize I've been logged on -- guess I'd better say something. I've already discussed Vaginoplasty and Mine Sniffing rats - I think all the topics of interest have been covered.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 11:32:01 PM by Panni »

George

« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2004, 11:33:50 PM »

And apropos to some earlier conversation:

the grass chez Dear Reader George must be awfully high.

Actually, it is. :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 11:35:05 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2004, 11:36:43 PM »

unless, of course, he's using scissors to cut it!
Not quite, but almost.  The problem is that it's so overgrown that I have to keep mowing over the same spot to get so that I can even see the ground through the grass.  I actually mowed for about an hour but only got through maybe a fourth of the area that needs to be cut.  A few more days ought to do it. ::)

George

« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2004, 11:38:30 PM »

After that, I took a shower and then went to my parents' house.  We ate dinner (actually, I had a left-over hamburger from yesterday...not too bad) and my mom bought a Tiramisu cake from some grocery store.  Even from a grocery store, it was quite delish!  Then we played Phase 10.  I highly recommend this family card game!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up