Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S SHOW TIME  (Read 10948 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: IT'S SHOW TIME
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »

Before I left for lunch, I had time to watch last week's LAW & ORDER. A really riveting episode, all based around a vicious child custody battle. The show has really been operating at top gear this season. Too bad it's been on so long that a lot of people have put it aside for other shows. The drama continues to be fascinating almost every week, and I really love all the actors they have in place right now.

Of course, S. Epatha Merkerson has announced she's leaving at the end of this season. That's a shame.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »

Lunch started late and ran long (John and I ran into some folks we both knew so we had a good time catching up with their news).

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »

When I got in, I knew I was going to take the day off (no UPS or FedEx deliveries), so I put in an old reliable - THE BOURNE IDENTITY. I watched about 80 minutes of it but bookmarked my place because I wanted to skim through the soaps from today.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. Julianne Moore was on, but otherwise there was nothing of interest. Nothing in the previews of interest either.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »

ONE LIFE TO LIVE wasn't very interesting either. There is only one week left before Scott Evans makes his final appearance as Oliver Fish, so I have one more week to skim through this show before I remove it from my season pass.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »

FYI--It may have already been announced here, but Amazon is taking orders for the EVENING PRIMROSE dvd to be released in May...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »

FYI--It may have already been announced here, but Amazon is taking orders for the EVENING PRIMROSE dvd to be released in May...

Please, please, please, for the sake of the children, post these things with SPOILER ALERTS.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »

SPOILER ALERT:  Cuba arrived in the mail today.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »

I've got to e-file my tax returns now and then I'll head downstairs to finish THE BOURNE IDENTITY and watch GRAN TORINO before tonight's 2-hour episode of '24.'

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

TOD:  Favorite potato dishes--- anything potates.  Fries, Pancakes, Mashed. Baked. Scalloped.  Fried.  Potatoes.  Period.

Ditto!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »

I'm liking the cover art to LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS very much.  Was that ever on a movie poster?

I would assume that it was an actual movie poster...it was on at least a couple of the many DVDs:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »

From Jose:
DRs JMK and Jane - Have you ever spotted THIS road sign?

*Courtesy of Timothy Hutton via Twitter.

LOL-Yes, as has Keith.  I would be surprised if DR MBarnum as also seen it ;)

Why a town would be named Boring always boggles my mind.  Showing Keith the sign reminded him of the rather strange, sexually, named towns in Pennsylvania.  In all fairness to the PA towns, they may not have realized what they were doing. 

Of course, there is also:

, Newfoundland and Labrador

As well as Hell, Michigan; Hell, Norway and believe it or not...Fucking, Austria! :o

;)

JMK

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »

Boring is actually a sweet little rural town.  I used to have students who came from there.

Ooops, should that have had a SPOILER ALERT?

JMK

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »

SPOILER ALERT:

Yes, yes, I am beating a dead horse.

George

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »

SPOILER ALERT:

Yes, yes, I am beating a dead horse.

SPOILER ALERT!!

The horse is dead.

END OF SPOILER ALERT!!

George

« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »

;)

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

This is my first time on the internet today.  I just came back from a bike ride. It had been very warm this weekend. But now it's starting to get a bit cooler. Lots of rain scheduled for this week. :(

But i was able to get my bike ride in. Now i just hope that the rain will let up so i can make a BBQ.

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »

Richard just took Rob and me for a drive around town to see all the beautiful flowering trees.  Now Rob and I know what to blame for our scratchy throats and stuffy ears - but they are pretty and won't last if we get the rain that's predicted for tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2010, 02:56:48 PM »

Richard just took Rob and me for a drive around town to see all the beautiful flowering trees.  Now Rob and I know what to blame for our scratchy throats and stuffy ears - but they are pretty and won't last if we get the rain that's predicted for tonight.

I think that may be my problem as well. Spring allergies always make me think I'm getting a cold.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »

I have worked on a great many shows where someone other than the director tried to give actors notes.  In most cases it is because the person doesn't know the proper theater etiquette and once it is explained to them they stop.

I have had a few exceptions, either with actors or assistant directors who felt like they knew more about acting and staging than I did.  My gut instinct is always to warn once, and dismiss the second time.  And the times that I haven't followed that rule, it has come back to haunt me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »

In any case...

I hope to be on the 9:30 bus to Philly, and it looks like it should be a beautiful day to walk around the City of Brotherly Love.

Jose, don't take that motto too much to heart today!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »

Good afternoon. I have spent the day thus far birding.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »

Did anyone hear that Dumbo is going to be late?   

Ok, I don't know why this Dumbo stuff cracks me up so much,....more coffee may help

I heard that Mrs. Dumbo was late......... which is where little Dumbo came from.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »

I had a Face Your Fear . . . and Do It Anyway moment over the weekend.

As I mentioned, we were on Long Island for the weekend.

I have a fear of heights but Anthony's father asked him if he would clean the skylights. They live in a one story, ranch style house but his father shouldn't be climbing ladders and going on roofs to clean skylights so he asked Anthony. Anthony, in turn, asked me if I would help him. He said if I didn't feel comfortable I could say now but it's easier to clean the skylights with two people so I said yes.

The climb up the ladder was OK and being on the roof (it's spacious and broad not slanted) was not a problem. We cleaned the skylights and then Anthony got on the ladder and climbed down. As soon as I walked to the ladder to begin the descent I began to hyperventilate (mildly) and grabbed the ladder very, very tightly. I had to step around into open space to get onto the first step. I did that, and lo and behold, I almost immediately relaxed. I was able to climb down the ladder and get on ground without a problem. I did go around the corner to the picnic table and sit down for a minute to catch my breath and relax again but I was happy I was able to help Anthony and climb down the ladder without a real problem.

I still don't think I can go back up to the Cupola of Saint Paul's in London (I had a VERY bad incident there in 1988) but climbing up to the roof and getting down and surviving was gratifying to say the least!

Congratulations, Ben!  I guess nobody told you about the sharks underneath the ladder.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

I think that may be my problem as well. Spring allergies always make me think I'm getting a cold.
The oak pollen here is so out of control that I do have a fever of 101 from it and I haven't even been out today to get the mail. I can't concentrate on anything long enough to get any work done, either.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »

From Jose:
DRs JMK and Jane - Have you ever spotted THIS road sign?

*Courtesy of Timothy Hutton via Twitter.

LOL-Yes, as has Keith.  I would be surprised if DR MBarnum as also seen it ;)

Yes, and so has Uncle TCB.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

TOD

I can't remember a time without potatoes and I can't imagine a world without them. 

I can't think of a potato I didn't like.  Perhaps that explains the fat jeans.

"Be sure to tune in for our next Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation, A TIME WITHOUT POTATOES, starring Phylicia Rashad and  Bonnie Franklin."

Does it take place in Ireland around 1850?

No, but that was the year Bonnie Franklin was born.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »

The oak pollen here is so out of control that I do have a fever of 101 from it and I haven't even been out today to get the mail. I can't concentrate on anything long enough to get any work done, either.

~~~Get Better Soon Vibes for DR John G.!!~~~

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »

FEVER BE GONE & FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR JOHN G!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up