Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MTW  (Read 23408 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:MTW
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2006, 10:45:18 PM »

I copied the e-mail address for each, so that shouldn't have been an issue.  Anyway, I'm re-sending it right now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

BK, did you get it??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

As promised library pix.  

Very nice library Charles...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2006, 10:54:02 PM »

Suggestions welcomed...

THe university where I work, the staff can take one class if they wish and I am taking advantage of that...

I need something to do with my curiosity....

I am taking a class on Indians of the Great Plains and I am doing some explorations on a research topic for my research paper. I have narrowed down to topics on the list:

Native portrayals in media or Midchif musical and oral traditions....  

Have not decided yet but I am leaning towards the native portrayals in media.... That could be the fun one to research - watch movies that pertain to the Indians, particularly those in the Great Plains....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2006, 10:58:05 PM »

Yes, a book by a cozy fire...even if it is propane.

Beautiful room Charles...  It is hte thought that counts!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2006, 11:00:30 PM »

Hmm... I wonder if DR elmore would ever post a pic of his library.

;)

A lot of my books are in storage... I have a lot on Irish / Celtic culture and literature, Cultures in general, some of the classics, scifi and animals.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2006, 11:06:44 PM »

I wore a pinafore in elementary school

I had to in an elementary school play....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »

and Benjamin Kritzer looked under girls pinafores when he was in elementary school  ;)

LOL DR BEN!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2006, 11:09:27 PM »

George - got it.  The one you sent an hour ago arrived with the new one.  Go know.

George

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2006, 11:10:46 PM »

It's about time!  Glad it all worked. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2006, 11:11:59 PM »

Tuesday evening greetings!  Oh, my, it was hard to come back to work after a lovely 3-day weekend.  And it's been wild and crazy here today - we're short-staffed and the bottom-feeders are quite aggressive.

For me to be short=staffed at the library is not unusual... It is amazing how many people come out at night... After 10 pm we get come really strange ones.... You have to be on your toes at that time of night and trust your gut.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2006, 11:15:09 PM »

Back from my busy day.  Got a message from my person at Disney, asking for a word change in my VO - so I'm happy I didn't turn in the cuts yesterday.  Unfortunately, my person didn't know this word was a promo no-no at Disney - but she was viewing somebody else's promo for something, and the offending word was uttered and the powers that be said, "No, we don't ever use that word."  The offending word that must be changed?  "Fun."

Had a very productive day.  The first day of the workshop was fun - I just spoke for an hour, which went by a lot slower than I thought it would, or I would have planned more to say.  On Thursday, they have to come in with their song choices, which we'll discuss.  Then the following Tuesday, our pianist will come and play them through their songs, and I'll critique and give notes.  The pianist will also play their song to tape so they can rehearse and work with it.  I'm also going to use the song I Remember on Thursday, to show how a lyric can be interpreted quite differently by four singers - Bernadette, Liz Callaway, that girl from Sound of Music who did the original Evening Primrose, and one other to be determined (suggestions welcome, but it should be different, interpretation-wise from the above).  It's such an evocative lyric, with endless colors and ways to play the intention of the song which, in Evening Primrose, is very specific.

Fun??? I thought that was the purpose of Disney world and the like.... :: shrugs shoulders:::

I like Liz Callaway and Bernadette Peters. Great voices.

Glad to hear that the workshop went well!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2006, 11:19:02 PM »

I also have Robert Clary's version on his CD, "Louis Lebeau Remembers Cole Porter, Not Stephen Sondheim (But Sings Their Songs Anyway)." ;)

Is this the Robert Clary that was on Hogan's Heroes and Days of our Lives?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

Maybe if I go get some chocolate I may get interested in packing up the kitchen.  Tomorrow is the first day in the past 8 or 9 days that I don't have to be somewhere before 8:00 am.  So maybe chocolate would give me a second wind....it's worth a try.

Chocolate would do it!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2006, 11:26:53 PM »

Time for to look at Ebay.

I try to pretend that ebay does not exist!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2006, 11:29:21 PM »

Damn...my cat just threw up. :P

EWWW!!!!!

George

« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2006, 11:30:54 PM »

Is this the Robert Clary that was on Hogan's Heroes and Days of our Lives?

Yup!  I actually have four CDs by him.  I think he's pretty good.  He usually has a combo (piano, bass, drums) and sings jazz standards.

George

« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2006, 11:32:02 PM »

EWWW!!!!!

Fortunately, 1) it was all fairly solid, and 2) since I witnessed it, it was very easy to clean up.  But you're right...EWWW!!!!!

;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2006, 11:33:24 PM »

Yup!  I actually have four CDs by him.  I think he's pretty good.  He usually has a combo (piano, bass, drums) and sings jazz standards.

I would be curious to hear him again. I loved it when him and Gloria Loring would sing on Days. He has a great voice.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2006, 11:34:07 PM »

Fortunately, 1) it was all fairly solid, and 2) since I witnessed it, it was very easy to clean up.  But you're right...EWWW!!!!!

;)

That is good to hear George!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2006, 11:36:15 PM »

George, have you ever heard of this album...

From the Soaps with Love?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2006, 11:38:41 PM »

George,

I highly recommend this CD...

Christina Ashford : Temporary Insanity...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=zR8S0teCxR&EAN=711788015420&ITM=1

George

« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2006, 11:50:47 PM »

George, have you ever heard of this album...

From the Soaps with Love?

I haven't.

George

« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2006, 11:54:02 PM »

George,

I highly recommend this CD...

Christina Ashford : Temporary Insanity...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=zR8S0teCxR&EAN=711788015420&ITM=1

Amazon.com has it for as little as $4.43 (as of this posting...it could change very quickly). ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2006, 11:57:54 PM »

Amazon.com has it for as little as $4.43 (as of this posting...it could change very quickly). ;)

I paid full price as a contribution to RBI. A good friend of mine's little girl had retinal cancer. She is doing well despite breaking her arm the other night...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2006, 11:59:22 PM »

I haven't.

I will scan a pic of it and post the picture... It was a charity album that some soap actors did. Some can sing well, some do there best and some should not quit their day jobs....

One of the interesting ones is Matthew Ashford's contribution.

George

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2006, 12:03:33 AM »

I would be curious to hear him again. I loved it when him and Gloria Loring would sing on Days. He has a great voice.

You wanna trade?  I have his:
"Sings Irving Berlin & Yip Harburg"
"Sings Rodgers, Heart & Mercer"
"Sings Ira Gershwin & Jerome Kern" and
"Louis LeBeau Remembers Cole Porter, not Stephen Sondheim (But Sings Their Songs Anyway)."

George

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2006, 12:04:07 AM »

I paid full price as a contribution to RBI. A good friend of mine's little girl had retinal cancer. She is doing well despite breaking her arm the other night...

:o  ~~~Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »

I will scan a pic of it and post the picture... It was a charity album that some soap actors did. Some can sing well, some do there best and some should not quit their day jobs....

One of the interesting ones is Matthew Ashford's contribution.

Cool!  I have an NBC Christmas CD that sounds like it was the same kind of thing...some performers like the "Will & Grace Gang" all sing well, but the "West Wing" gang don't. ::)

;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2006, 12:06:41 AM »

You wanna trade?  I have his:
"Sings Irving Berlin & Yip Harburg"
"Sings Rodgers, Heart & Mercer"
"Sings Ira Gershwin & Jerome Kern" and
"Louis LeBeau Remembers Cole Porter, not Stephen Sondheim (But Sings Their Songs Anyway)."

Hmmm.....

I can burn you a copy of the soap one and send you a copy of some James Galway?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up