Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES  (Read 53757 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »

How can it be five o'clock already?

Whenever that happens, just imagine yourself back at home and it's three hours earlier.

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8]
 Page 14
[/color][/font][/size][/shadow]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:08:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

I don't know if there are any fans of the original version of NIGHT OF THE LIVIND DEAD, but I read today that Karl Hardman who played the memorable Harry Cooper just died. He was wonderful in that film...here is a shot of him and his reel (and real) wife Marilyn Eastman.

Tonight, we have our first rehearsal for Night of the Living Dead!  The Musical!  I'll bring this along to see if anyone else has heard.  Thanks for posting.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »

Jane, that's wonderful news about DD Sherlock!  May he continue to stay well!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »

Yeah - the shows went great - Friday's audience laughed at everything - stuff i didn't even know was funny was apparently hilarious. The producer got films of both shows, so he's making me a DVD of Friday, as a promo... maybe the Little Trouper is back. Felt pretty good to be up there in the light, after a 2 and a half year lay-off. Great to have George!!!! He sat quite near the stage, and i could look down and share in-jokes with him during the play. I loved it!

So did I!! ;D

George

« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »

Is TORCHWOOD any good? It doesn't start here till the beginning of October. Also the TUDORS starts then as well.

I really enjoy this show.  I bought the Region 2 DVDs from England and it's more "adult" than the Doctor Who shows. ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

I really enjoy this show.  I bought the Region 2 DVDs from England and it's more "adult" than the Doctor Who shows. ;)
Meaning there's a lot more snogging going on!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »

I've been taking a gander at the Film Score Monthly boards.  It's a fun place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2007, 03:16:50 PM »

Meaning there's a lot more snogging going on!

Any baritones?

George

« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2007, 03:20:27 PM »

Any baritones?

I saw an interview with John Barrowman and he said that Captain Jack Harkness (his role) is omnisexual...he'll do any sex of any species. :o

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »

I saw an interview with John Barrowman and he said that Captain Jack Harkness (his role) is omnisexual...he'll do any sex of any species. :o

;D

"Torchwood" is  a fun show in a sort of "if only the world were really like this" sort of way.  Otherwise, it's really rather tame, IMO.  Barrowman, despite the omnisexual bit, is really rather a one-dimensional overseer of the project...chastising one moment and praising the next.  But he's really rather uninteresting compared to the rest of the characters...again, IMO.  And this is only after three episodes.

It's interesting, but I don't find myself yearning for the next episode.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2007, 03:24:39 PM »

The Plaza Hotel festivities will happen on Monday, Oct 1, in front of the Plaza.  I assume it will be around 8:00 pm since there are fireworks, but I know no more than that at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2007, 03:25:26 PM »

George

« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

I like it on the SINGIN' IN THE RAIN studio recording when the conductor asks Lina what key she will be singing in:

Kathy: (behind the curtain) A flat.

Lina: (to the conductor) ....a flat...

According to the IMDb listing for "Singin' In the Rain," under the "Goofs" section:

At the end when Kathy will sing "Singin' in the Rain" for Lena, Lena is asked "What key should the song be played in." She says "A-flat". The band leader says, "Singin' in the Rain in A-flat", and then proceeds to conduct the song in E-flat. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »

I fell asleep and had a cryptic dream that I was napping.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »

Well, I guess I shall start to think about dinner.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

Time to rouse der B from his contemplations of the news... he's requested Salisbury steak for dindin, and we're out of Worcestershire.  And I need taters for mashing.  And a veg.

And I'm sure I can find all sorts of other whatnots at the store.

singdaw

« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »

And I'm sure I can find all sorts of other whatnots at the store.

A little bit o' this-a and a little bit o' that-a.

singdaw

« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2007, 03:57:48 PM »

Perhaps Fred Phelps and his followers should move to Iran.  Iran's president has assured the world today that there are NO homosexuals in Iran.   :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2007, 04:00:01 PM »

Ah, the sun is finally going down.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »

Haven't heard from anyone about dining adventures, so I think I'll just go get a sandwich and be done with it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »

And then perhaps a DVD.

singdaw

« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

Ah, the sun is finally going down.

Setting on what has been quite a lovely day in the NY Metro area, weather-wise.

singdaw

« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

bk, do you like the Howard Shore score for the Lord of the Rings trilogy?  Do you feel it stands up to some of the great film composers of the past?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2007, 04:11:50 PM »

I know I'm in the minority about the LOTR score, and it's not really fair of me to judge as I haven't seen the films yet (I know, I know - as soon as I've got nine hours to spare I'll watch them), but as a listening experience I didn't care for the scores at all, and I'm a huge Shore fan.  But my favorite scores by him were written over twenty years ago.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2007, 04:14:01 PM »

Of film music today, the only composers I feel are offering original-sounding scores (and not scores where they're just aping some temp track) are Pascal Esteve, Philippe Rombi (he's the best of the batch), Alexandre Desplat's foreign films (yes, the ones where he's not imitating someone else's music as he does in his US films), Krishna Levi, and a handful of other foreign-born composers, most especially Joe Hisaishi.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2007, 04:18:15 PM »

Perhaps Fred Phelps and his followers should move to Iran.  Iran's president has assured the world today that there are NO homosexuals in Iran.   :P
Yeah, just like they have a zero tolerance for religious fanatics.   :P :P

singdaw

« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »

Thanks for your opinions, bk.  Granted, film music isn't really my "thing," but I have to admit I've never heard of ANY of those contemporary composers!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

I know I'm in the minority about the LOTR score, and it's not really fair of me to judge as I haven't seen the films yet (I know, I know - as soon as I've got nine hours to spare I'll watch them)...
Oh, no, you have to take longer!  The extended editions (on DVD) are much better.  Fortunately Davis made sensible divisions in the DVDs, putting the breaks between each film's two discs at places that make for good "act breaks," so the viewing can be extended to six nights without destroying the trilogy's impact.

(In a sense, this makes the films more complementary to the original Tolkein novels, which are divided into six books, two per volume.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

Obviously, der B and I are back from the store.  While there, I realized that my late shift tomorrow required shopping for tomorrow's dinner tonight, so we'll be feasting on tilapia, broccoli and fries.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Up