Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SURF'S UP  (Read 24568 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SURF'S UP
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2005, 08:15:30 PM »

Gary was a no-show, too.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2005, 08:16:53 PM »

Since my favorite Chinese restaurant of choice has closed its doors, some friends and I are going to a new Chinese buffet tomorrow. I'll give a report once I return. We're going there for lunch.

Wonder what tomorrow's food of the day will be? Have you chosen it yet, bk?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:17:33 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2005, 08:20:18 PM »

Harlan Ellison sent home with THe Lovely Wife a CD for me of Columbia Record Dance Bands from 1925-1929.  Some interesting titles...Moonlight on the Ganges, Play Gypsies-Dance Gypsies, Frankfurter Sandwiches, Hoodle Dee Doo Dee Doodoo, Doing the Racoon (sounds like a dance we must do BK in the wee hours when the wussburgers are asleep)...among many others...

This sounds swell. I have "Doin' The Raccoon" by George Olsen and his band on vinyl in the RCA Victory Vintage Series "1928" LP. Don't know if this series made it to CD, but I have a rule of thumb where if I see the RCA Vintage Series logo (some grapes), I instantly buy because it is going to be good with extensive notes on the back sleeve.

Michael

« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

Anyone watch Numbers this week? This is the second show I have seen and I think the concept is starting to where thin. Even when I heard about the show I thought the show was thin.

BUT Susan Egan was a guest star on the show. And the writer of the show tonight was also an Egan. I wonder if there is a connection.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »

I recorded NUMBERS and will see it tomorrow. With the three episodes that I've seen, I've gotten really tired of Judd Hirsch's father character. His only function seems to be to nag his two sons about not being married and producing grandchildren for him. That's worn thin for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2005, 08:38:20 PM »

Also will be recording the midnight re-showing of MONK which I'll also see tomorrow.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2005, 09:03:32 PM »

I plan to watch Numbers tonight, but I agree that the concept is wearing thin.  I doubt it'll last more than a few more episodes.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2005, 09:33:09 PM »

Just watched an incredibly "arty" bad bad bad (that is three bads) movie, about which more in tomorrow's notes.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2005, 09:40:06 PM »

Did it star Arty Johnson?

(Remember, no groaning.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2005, 09:43:44 PM »

Dinner report: I went in a German direction this time.  Pork loin chops, grilled with a mustard rub.  Brussels sprouts with vinegar.  Egg noodles sauced with butter, mushrooms, parsley and poppy seeds.

Der B liked it.  And the dogs made sure we won't have to wash the plates!  (Well, not much, at least.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jed

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2005, 10:02:06 PM »

Here's something to try: it's called Guess the Dictator or Sit-Com Character.

You can follow the instructions, or try something different.

The something different is to answer all the questions as if they are asking about you, yourself.

I found out that I am actually Jody, from Soap.

Hmmm, apparently I'm Jonathan from Who's the Boss?  Not sure that's a good thing...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2005, 10:16:40 PM »

I'm Samantha from Bewitched.  That's pretty cool, except I can't do the nose twitchy thing...too bad.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2005, 10:48:34 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from Steve's... Nice dinner - those Maggiano's leftovers sure heat up nicely.  And I ended up adding the dried cherries and slivered almonds to the bread pudding instead of putting them in the salad.  Very yummy.

After dinner, I discovered that Steve has started to turn into a DIY television addict.  However, it's all "homework" and "research" for his new condo he just bought.  He's already lost some sleep since he signed the papers last week because he had paint colors running through his head!  ;)  So, we watched some TLC, HGTV, Discovery Home, etc...  The whole concept of Venetian plaster caught his attention.  He'll have about a six-week period to move in and get his new place set up, and he's just gathering ideas right now.

We'll be getting together tomorrow night to attend the piano recital, and I think I'm going to go ahead and cook dinner.  I think it would be good to use my pots and pans sometime this year already!  I also want to get a lot of cleaning done tomorrow: bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc.  That will most likely be my "workout" tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2005, 10:49:23 PM »

I was listening to various selections by Grant Geissman, Guy Haines and Annette O'Toole from "The First Nudie Musical--The CD!"
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2005, 10:53:21 PM »

DR JRand - Thanks for the link.  Close, but no cigar.  I have a few of those doll kits.  They are very nice, and some of the accessories are quite detailed.

The papers I had when I was younger had the faces, hands, etc., printed right on them.  You folded the single sheets of paper into the dolls/figures.  The doll kits use "bookmarks" as the body, and you fold the papers around them to make their clothes.  It's a traditional Japanese paper-craft - the proper name of which escapes me right now.

I particularly remember The Postman paper/fold.  It had a cap, and even a mail pouch!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2005, 11:35:51 PM »

It's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

PULCHRITUDE

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2005, 11:47:18 PM »

I just got back from ushering for a play called "The Love List."  It was quite funny and wonderfully acted.  Only the woman (Mari...someone.  I can never remember her last name) was an Equity actor.  The two men were local.  But all three were great!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2005, 11:47:39 PM »

Yes, Brian Kelly was quite a man. I think he was my first crush. I just have such vivid memories of him on Flipper when I was just a wee sprig of a tad of a kid...now that I am older my visions of Brian Kelly are somewhat different! Heh, heh!

As well they should be! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2005, 11:49:40 PM »

Nelson!  Mari Nelson.  She's from Seattle and is quite a wonderful actress.  I've seen her playing so many different kinds of characters.  She also has Broadway credits!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2005, 11:52:34 PM »

I believe I just heard thunder.  I'm really bored of this wretched weather.  We need SUNSHINE, LOLLIPOPS and RAINBOWS.  Now it's raining again.  In fact, it's pouring again.

George

« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2005, 11:53:09 PM »

Before I went to the theater, I stopped at home and there was a package for me!  The complete second season of "Star Trek:  The Original Series!"  I got it from Amazon.com's marketplace...sold by a third-party seller.  Including shipping, it cost less than Costco AND was factory sealed!  It was brand-spankin' new. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2005, 11:54:42 PM »

New notes in four count them four minutes.

George

« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2005, 11:59:07 PM »

Now I have the complete original series.  It's the only Star Trek series that I've bought any of.  I've really liked all the others, but they were all much too much expensive.  So I compromised and got the first and third seasons at Costco.  I didn't have enough money when the second season was available and was just able to get it for less!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up