Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG CHAT  (Read 34579 times)

td

• td
Re:THE BIG CHAT
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2003, 04:19:56 PM »

Hmmm I may have to take up watching Angel :)

Except, David has never taken a bubble bath on ANGEL. . .
but, last week, there were several side shots of this actor

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]without any clothes on[/move]
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2003, 04:20:38 PM »

see what I meant the other day about turtlenecks. . . .

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2003, 04:34:04 PM »

Oh for heaven's sake. I knew there was a way to post pictures without having to download them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Btw, right click on the imagine, choose properties, and then copy the URL that comes up on the grey screen.

Oh and this way you can preview.

You are getting some major karma from me. THANK YOU.

Woohoo, got this one on the first try.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2003, 04:35:46 PM »

I don't really like television that much, but I have for years watched Friends, Will & Grace, and especially ER, even though they are usually dreadful to sit through.  They become familiar and comfortable, like old friends (that you can yell at when they get too stupid or implausible).

Because I like Jennifer Garner, I keep trying to get into Alias, but the endless plot twists often lose my interest.  Miss Match is a cute show, and I keep meaning to watch the new WB show Tarzan, because I know the lead actress from high school and am curious to see her performance.  I am also going to start watching Tru Calling when it begins this weekend.  I hope it's good.

Other old favorites: Murphy Brown, Designing Women, Picket Fences, and Sisters.  I was a huge fan of My So-Called Life, but then again, I'm not sure if I only liked it because I was the same age as the characters at the time, and if I'd find it annoying now.

George - I know what you mean about getting attached to shows and then having them cancelled.  Like your sister, I loved the Beauty and Beast show.

WEL - Sounds like a lovely event last night.  I never watched Joan of Arcadia, but I think the lead actress in that series is the daughter of Russ Tamblyn.

Ron - my friend put on some weight after he'd been with his partner for a year.  He said it was a luxury to be able to develop "the body of monogamy!"  :)
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2003, 04:38:58 PM »

No one should run around looking all gaunt and spooky.

Nobody wants to hang with them 'cause they make everyone self-conscious.

I keep telling myself.....

Danise

« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2003, 04:52:28 PM »

Home again!  It’s feels like Halloween already.  It’s been dark, rainy/nasty all day long.  I hate the time change.  I’m much rather have it dark in the morning and a little light when I get home.  

Hummm–where did I leave off this morning??  Ahh—Babylon 5!  I didn’t like the pilot movie so I didn’t watch the first few episodes.  Then one evening  there was nothing better (?!) on I turned over and got hooked.  The episode was called “Believers”

The thing I loved about the show was how it build itself.  Story by story, each a small part of a larger story five years long.  Minor details you didn’t even NOTICE in one show becoming a major part even a season or two later.  Even the pilot movie setting the whole thing up.  It was all there but you had NO idea!  Kosh called Sinclair “Valen” in the movie–how cool was that???

And who could have known what simple question would do?  “What do you want?”

And how about when Marcus says something to the effect that people always say how life is unfair.  But just think about how horrible it would be if it was?  That all the nasty things that happen to you are because you DESERVED them?  I’ve thought about that time and again.

I’ve GOT to buy the DVD’s and see it all again.

Of course, Babylon 5 is part of the screen name I use.  DofB5.  It's to honor some of the shows I like.  Babylon 5 (the B5 part), Highlander (the D for Duncan but it could also stand for Danise) and all of the Star Trek’s (7 of 9) so what you have is Duncan of Babylon 5.  Or possibly Dance of Babylon 5 as I’m sure many people on the theater boards thought it had something to do with Dance of the Vampires.    Works for me either way.

And how could I forget:

Dark Shadows
Port Charles
Beauty and the Beast
Xena
Hercules
Voyage to the Bottom of the Bathtub (errr make that Sea!)

Oh heck, why bother listing them all–if it’s sci fi or fantasy–I’m there!  Very few “regular” shows.  JAG is the only one that really comes to mind.

Well, I think this is a long enough post.  Sorry for being long winded--don't get me started on something I like--I forget to stop.  Have a good evening all!

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2003, 04:58:22 PM »

I'm not quite sure who the gentleman in the turtleneck is, but to my eye he looks rather overbleached and malnourished.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2003, 05:05:01 PM »

My little sister is insisting on listening to her "Veggie Tales" CD at top volume.

"If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile, if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle............Have we got a show for you! :)"

Note that she is 10. And listening to that.  Then note that I am 16, and I know all of the words. I babysit too much.

"And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry. The part of the show where Larry comes out...and sings a Silly Song. So, without further ado, Silly Songs with Larry."

"The Water Buffalo song! 'Everybody's got a water buffalo, yours is fast, but mine is slow, oh where we get them I dont know, but everybodys got a water buffalooooooooo! I took my buffalo to the store, got his head stuck in the door, spilled some lima beans on the floor, but-

"STOP IT, STOP! Stop right this instant, what do you think you're doing?! You can't say everyones got a water buffalo, when everyone does NOT have a water buffalo! We're going to get NASTY letters saying "Where's MY water buffalo? Why don't *I* have a water buffalo!", and are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so, so STOP BEING SO SILLY!"

This has been Silly Songs with Larry. Tune in next time to hear Larry sing, "Everyone's got a baby kangaroo! Yours is pik but mines is blue! Her's was small but- AAAAAH!"

Wow...that is so sad...all from memory.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Now it's time for..."Where is my Hairbrush?" Oh the joy...
...Walk in the sunshine...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2003, 05:11:10 PM »

Just an FYI, we've added a new discussion board on our message board home page - it's for discussing The Broadway Radio Show and for offering suggestions, so check it out.

Now, dance baby.

Another art piece - this one by renowned theater poster designer Paul Davis.  This was one of several "concept" drawings for the 1981 American Film Market.  According the info I have, there were twelve, not all by Mr. Davis.  I haven't been able to ascertain which was used, but I don't think it was this.  Still, it's pretty nifty.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2003, 05:13:06 PM »

TV shows...CSI, CSI Miami, and Without A Trace are the new ones I try not to miss.  Goldy Oldies for me include M*A*S*H, Golden Girls, Friends, and Simpsons.  Being a nanny, I am also a faithful watcher of Arthur, Dragontales, Sagwa, George Shrinks, and Clifford the Big Red Dog... although since John Ritter, who voiced Clifford, died, the show has been bittersweet for me

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2003, 05:13:58 PM »

Hey, one more post and I'll hit 20!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2003, 05:14:08 PM »

Mr BK no luck in researching your painting, though I agree it might not be a Leyendecker.

Nothing online or in my Art/Ad Illustration books is a match or even close.  The closest ads are for Koehler bathroom fixtures - which never showed the actual....uh....fixture....just people waiting for someone to come out.  ;D

It might also be a painting by Coles Phillips another popular illustrator.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2003, 05:15:14 PM »

Swishy, I love the Hairbrush song!!!   Got it on my computer as an MP3.  Yes...I'm weird...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2003, 05:17:30 PM »

Keep looking, Jrand.  I NEED to know!  Want more art?

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2003, 05:17:39 PM »

What great photos you've been posting all day, BK!  Your DVD library made my eyes bug out!  I'll be glad if I acquire half of that number of DVDs in my entire lifetime!  I like the last one too...sad that I actually can recognize that as Theda Bara.  I'm a film geek from way back.

Swishy--what an adorable pic of the giant kitten!  Soooo cute!  Did I mention it was sooo adorable?  Hehe.
I personally MUCH prefer Cabaret to Rent (and I'm kind of sick about hearing how incredible Adam Pascal is too). I think Cabaret completely deserves its status as a musical classic...the songs, characters, themes and everything are so wonderful--everything just comes together so well.  Not to bash Rent too much or anything....it is a good show...just not my taste.  

I am loving all these pics!  I will scour the web and soon post one of my own!

Andrea

« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2003, 05:21:32 PM »

On the topic of TV shows:
I used to be a big Buffy fan, but once riley left, I just couldn't have the same emotional involvement. Don't get me wrong, I adore Spike-- but I just found they drew out the him and buffy thing for a very long time.
I love Sex and the City when I get the chance to watch it: Last new years, Emily and I spent the entire night just watching episodes on satillite TV.

Other shows:the Nanny and Fresh Prince: sigh... if only for the theme songs and the butlers.

Gilmore Girls: I enjoy that as well.

Will and Grace: Classic.

ER: Noah Wylie! I sit and drool.

And.... I adore watching those elimidate things with a whole big group of people so we can be caty. I'm evil and I love!

And thanks td for those Angel pictures-- sigh... brings me back to the first session, around the fifth episode when buffy finds out he's a vampire... ah the memories.

Kisses

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2003, 05:27:50 PM »

Testing 1, 2, 3

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2003, 05:29:43 PM »

Bada-bing!  Success!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2003, 05:33:05 PM »

And that's just what's in the den!  However, if you want to talk about sick, perhaps I'll take a photo of my CD closet.

Next art piece, the cover for a seventies paperback of Ed McBain's classic King's Ransom, the source for Mr. Kurosawa's masterpiece, High and Low.  

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2003, 05:39:28 PM »

A little eye candy...for whomever....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2003, 05:40:31 PM »

I know he looks all sweaty, but that's because it's a still from this here movie:

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2003, 05:42:09 PM »

Somebody mentioned Cyd Charisse today, yes?  Or yesterday?  (My mememberer gets confused about this here board and who posted what when sometimes).

Here, she is definitely keeping cool!!!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2003, 05:43:42 PM »

And this here ad for Doris Day's GREATEST film make sher look cool, too.  Yes???

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2003, 05:45:56 PM »

And just to keep a good thing going:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TV Heroes from My Childhood[/move]

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2003, 05:50:18 PM »

BK, so are those paintings the originals that were later made into paperback book covers? If so then that is quite fascinating!

I love paperback book covers from the 50s...I have some very cool ones in my collection. I shall scan and post, post and scan some!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2003, 06:03:12 PM »

Meanwhile, if I'm doing any of this correctly, this very post should be my 100th post, although I've probably miscounted.

At any rate, it's time to feed my cat and to start my own dinner.

Will see youse guys later!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2003, 06:05:58 PM »

Yep...I'm on my way, all right.  Just about ready to start gittin' to it....just letting this one post transform me into a three-star full member!

Hot diggity dang!

(Don't ask...I don't KNOW why I'm writing like this),  Must be the Jess Harper/Bob Fuller photo effect).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 06:07:29 PM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2003, 06:06:26 PM »

Here we go...one of my favorites!

Haven't read the book yet, but I am sure it is a doozy!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2003, 06:06:53 PM »

MBarnum - yes, these are the original paintings commissioned for those book covers.  I've had quite a few in my day, and some pretty classic ones.  We can thank a certain company for my no longer having certain ones - lawsuits, you know.

td

• td
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2003, 06:07:49 PM »

On the topic of TV shows:
I used to be a big Buffy fan, but once riley left, I just couldn't have the same emotional involvement. Don't get me wrong, I adore Spike-- but I just found they drew out the him and buffy thing for a very long time.
Gilmore Girls: I enjoy that as well.

And thanks td for those Angel pictures-- sigh... brings me back to the first session, around the fifth episode when buffy finds out he's a vampire... ah the memories.

Kisses

I'm just the opposite - I lost a little bit of interest once Riley appeared on the scene. . .thank goodness for the Willow subplot that season, and the appearance of Lindsay Crouse . . . and ADAM! ! !

And you're very welcome for the Angel pix. . .I'm alsways willing to share. . .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up