Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YESTERDAY'S PETTY ANNOYANCES  (Read 35392 times)

HollyLynn

Re:YESTERDAY'S PETTY ANNOYANCES
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2004, 01:23:22 PM »

Favorite Sandwiches--Portabello mushroom, peanut butter and jelly, and egg salad.

Favorite Side Dishes--I LOVE mashed potatoes--lumpy with skins and garlic, a good ceaser salad, french fries, fresh green beans, etc. etc.

Now I'm really hungry--this is the first break I've taken since 7:30 this morning!

;D

HollyLynn

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2004, 01:24:28 PM »

Am I the first poster on page five!!! It's my lucky day!!!  ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2004, 01:27:58 PM »

This post has no purpose what so ever, other than pushing me across the 1,000 mark. :D

CONGRATULATIONS ON HITTING 4 DIGITS!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2004, 01:29:20 PM »

Oh...side dishes.  Mashed potatoes have always been a huge favorite of mine.  Recently got into sweet potatoes and yams, too.  One of those "hated as a child and now love" things.  Also, my grandmother had the most delicious way of making green beans...yum.  Oh yeah, and the corn soufflee was always a favorite...

George

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »

Woody - how kind, and how perfect is your prescription. Now, to find another gallant gent to heave red roses in my general direction....

Penny:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2004, 01:33:43 PM »

Is ranch dressing a common dressing for fries?  I have never heard of doing this.  Is the ranch dressing like salad dressing?

It's only been within the last few years that I've heard of this, but it's caught on quite a bit!  Especially at Red Robin.

Robin

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2004, 01:33:49 PM »

Robin favorite sammich:

It's gotta be on Pumpernickel bread, or really, really dark rye.   Free range turkey (and you betcha, there's a difference!) and lots of it, super-sharp cheddar cheese, with kalamata olive spread, mayo, and fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and (hopefully) alfalfa sprouts.  Nothing can beat this one, my friends.

My favorite side dish...well, it's not usually a side dish, but about a half-dozen anchovy (or failing that, bleu cheese) stuffed olives.

And pie.  I adore fruit pie.  Blueberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Apple, Peach...but I abhor anything with whipped cream on it.  The stuff makes me gag.  Dunno why.  Just does.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »

Oh, and as far as pies go...the BEST pie in the WORLD was my grandmother's graham-cracker pie.  A graham cracker crust, custard center, and meringue on top.  Sounds strange, perhaps, but SO good.  

Jed

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2004, 01:41:33 PM »

I love rhubarb pie.  I love strawberry pie.  I can't abide strawberry-rhubarb pie.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2004, 01:42:04 PM »

When I was young, I did not like vegetables much at all. Other than potatoes and peas, I would turn my nose up at most vegetables. As I've gotten older, I find that I love them. There aren't many I don't like.

As for pork, well, it's not the other white meat to me....

A bumber sticker:  Iguana, the other green meat!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2004, 01:44:25 PM »

A pie that is very simple to make and is very refreshing now that temperatures are warming up is:

a can of frozen lemonade
a can of sweetened condensed milk
a tub of Cool Whip

Put those three things in a bowl and stir vigorously with a spoon until they're thoroughly mixed together. Then, place the mixture into a graham cracker crust and chill for an hour or two. Makes an easy and delicious dessert (if you like things flavored with lemon, that is), and it takes about 5 minutes of preparation time before chilling.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2004, 01:45:30 PM »

The latest Roxie in the CHICAGO revisal will be Paige something from one of those home redecorating shows

An "American Idol" loser (no - not William Hung) is featured in RENT

Roxie will be Paige Davis host of Trading Spaces.

And in RENT will be Frenchie Davis (as the Seasons of Love soloist).  I think Frenchie would have been top 3 if they hadn't disqualified her.

Jed

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2004, 01:45:59 PM »

Oh, forgot to mention my favorite club sandwich, which happens to be from my uncle's deli in Seattle (the Dexter Deli on, you guessed it, Dexter Ave.).  Really not any different than any other club sandwich, but has always tasted like the best to me.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »

Panni---

Peggy McKay has been around for years.  She did a few movies and was on a couple of primetime series in the 50s and 60s and before DAYS OF OUR LIVES she was on serveral different soaps.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2004, 01:49:30 PM »

ATTENTION ALIAS FANS, no spoilers.

ABC just announced their Fall line-up, and Alias won't start until january 2005.  Apparently they have decided to do a 20 episode uninterupted run. I am not happy.

Robin

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2004, 01:51:14 PM »

Roxie will be Paige Davis host of Trading Spaces.

Paige Davis actually married a fellow who's last name is Page, so if she decided to use her husband's name, she would be known as Paige Page.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2004, 01:56:02 PM »

Just had to get a Subway club in honor of sandwich day.  I am now very neat-looking.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2004, 02:03:29 PM »

ATTENTION ALIAS FANS, no spoilers.

ABC just announced their Fall line-up, and Alias won't start until january 2005.  Apparently they have decided to do a 20 episode uninterupted run. I am not happy.

I'm not happy either, and I think it's a dreadful tactical mistake. That's SEVEN months between the end of Season 3 and the start of Season 4. Do they think ALIAS is a big enough hit to be out of sight for that long a period of time? Maybe they had better check the ratings again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2004, 02:10:57 PM »

DR Panni: I know who Peggy McKay is.  Didn't she play Caroline Brady? (I used to sometimes watch Days like a hundred years ago).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2004, 02:23:55 PM »

A bumber sticker:  Iguana, the other green meat!

Maybe that was the flavor of the taffy yesterday.

DR George, go to nymetro.com/davis and look up Peter Davis' review of the Philharmonic's CANDIDE travesty last week for NEW YORK MAGAZINE.  It's very perceptive.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2004, 02:33:45 PM »

You are correct.  From the bottom (or top):  bread, mayo, cheese, bologna, mustard, bread...and not any other way. :)

Hmmm, are we a bit anal retentive in our sandwich making?

And speaking of anal, if I am going to have a PB & J sandwich, the jam or jelly has got to be blackberry, boysenberry, or marionberry.  No strawberry, orange marmalade, or grape jelly!!!

I thought that Frenchie Davis was touring in DREAMGIRLS?

Okay, Panni, you can't just let that DOOL comment go.  Did she really hint at something?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2004, 02:52:22 PM »

Okay, Panni, you can't just let that DOOL comment go.  Did she really hint at something?

She wasn't being coy or mysterious. Some DOOL fan said to her that they were sorry she was gone and she mentioned that there was talk of a return, but she didn't know anything for sure. She seemed like a nice woman. She has three rescue dogs and we made an unofficial date to meet at the dog park sometime. (No specific time was set, so the likelihood is pretty remote.)

Panni

« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2004, 02:53:35 PM »

I am now very neat-looking.  
I bet you look just like Pat Boone.

Panni

« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2004, 02:57:30 PM »

Speaking of Pat Boone... Mickey Rooney is being "toasted" at the Sportsmen's Lodge (five minutes from my casa) on Friday. In attendance will be Ann Rutherford, Jane Withers, Margaret O'Brien, Kathryn Grayson, Fayard Nicholas -- plus some youngsters: Terry Moore and the above mentioned Pat B.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2004, 03:04:01 PM »

Mickey Rooney is having toast on Friday?  How special.

Jed

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2004, 03:30:19 PM »

if I am going to have a PB & J sandwich, the jam or jelly has got to be blackberry, boysenberry, or marionberry.  No strawberry, orange marmalade, or grape jelly!!!

What?  No raspberry jam for you?  Must be another taste I've inherited from Mom. :D

Jed

« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2004, 03:35:21 PM »

All of today's talk sent me down the street to a little cafe/deli for lunch.  Decided to try their veggie sandwich (avocado, spinach, cucumber, tomato, onion, sprouts, lettuce, and pepperjack cheese).  Should have stuck with my usually carnivorous instincts.  I often enjoy a good veggie sandwich, but this one just sat there like so much fish.  Overloaded with cucumber, not enough onion, and hardly any avocado at all.  Ahh well, now I know to order the roast beef next time I'm there. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2004, 03:35:41 PM »

I'm talkin' about sandwiches.  I'm talkin' about PIE.

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2004, 03:41:59 PM »

You guys have made me so hungry today! LOL!

My regular everyday sandwich is the classic bologna with mayo and mustard. Nothing fancy. Lately I have added fresh baby spinach to it.

And of course the peanut butter and jam sandwich. Rasberry is my fave...particularly my mom's homemade rasberry jam. Now I grind my own peanut butter at the store (they have nifty machines that grind while you wait) and sugarless jam of various flavors.

Special occasion sandwiches are:

Fried Egg with mayo

Peaunt butter and mayo (sometimes with dill pickle)

Peanut butter and butter (or margarine)

MBarnum

« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2004, 03:45:04 PM »

Today I am cleaning and changing the furniture around a bit. Sometimes it gets so cluttered and I just hate that. I need a larger house.

Yesterday I watched a cute little movie which I think a couple of DRs watched earlier...MR BELVEDERE RINGS THE BELL. Nice little movie. Joanne Dru is someone I had never noticed before, but I really like her now...and if I had a minister that looked like Hugh Marlowe I think I would attend church every Sunday!

Actually this movie had two of the 1950s Hughs...Marlowe and Beaumont! Yep, the Beaver's father was working as a police officer before he married June! LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up