Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH  (Read 28104 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »

Happy Birthday/ Anniversary to HHW!

Great news for DR Jose!

Btw, DR Cillaliz, RE: dancing with the stars. I had no idea that all the dancers were married to each other! (jonathan to anna, and edyta to (is his name) alex. Crazy!  Btw, i disagree with your friend paul.  It was a full week later. I think last week would have not been right. But we're almost  at the end now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:34 PM »

The good news had to do with being able to write some of the overdue fundraiser checks - a good thing, as the final fundraiser check is having to go through unbelievable hoops to get processed - hoops that the first two checks didn't have to go through.  In fact, I have no idea when it WILL be processed, which I find reprehensible.  I do have a contract with these people and I have given them everything they've asked for all along, they have given me two previous checks, which means they were satisfied with what they were given, and I will do whatever is necessary to get them to do what's right - so I may need a pro bono lawyer at some point if they really are going to drag their feet much longer.

PAGING CILLALIZ!!!
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

Nice egret, Ron Pulliam. We will all enjoy your new camera!

Nice parrot (?) Tomovoz!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »

I'm glad to see that Elmore's trip went better than expected.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »

Happy Birthday/ Anniversary to HHW!

Great news for DR Jose!

Btw, DR Cillaliz, RE: dancing with the stars. I had no idea that all the dancers were married to each other! (jonathan to anna, and edyta to (is his name) alex. Crazy!  Btw, i disagree with your friend paul.  It was a full week later. I think last week would have not been right. But we're almost  at the end now.

Jennifer, I think that is a little heartless.  George Osmond's funeral was held on November 9th.  On the 12th Marie was back competing.  Anyone who has lost a parent will tell you that three days after a funeral is not even the blink of an eye.  Also, today Marie's sixteen year old son entered rehab.  I doubt that his problem manifested itself overnight.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:03 PM »

Tomovoz, I see you brought out that moth-eaten stuffed Christmas parrot again.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »

The good news had to do with being able to write some of the overdue fundraiser checks -

nice you had "some" good news.  

VIBES YOU HAVE MORE GOOD NEWS SOON!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2007, 06:48:03 PM »

Well, yet again it's time for me to leave to go to rehearsal.  Laters, gators! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »

Jennifer, hope you are feeling better.  

FJL

« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »

When did Olympus Fashion week become Mercedes Benz Fashion Week?  It's so hard to keep up on Project Runway lingo?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?  It IS our anniversary and all.  Let's WALTZ!

Jane

« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »

GEORGE I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY WHEN WE WERE AT THE VET WITH Sherlock.  He went for his DAPP booster & a check up.  He also has something on his elbow.  Our vet did what your first vet didn’t do, she aspirated some of it & put it under the microscope.   While not a full proof way to determine if there are cancerous cells, it is a guide for the urgency of treatment or not.  Nothing showed, so for now we are putting polysporin on it and giving it a week.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:24:41 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Greeting from Orlando!

I'm currently sitting in the lobby/lounge area of the Crowne Plaza since the internet access does not seem to be accessible from my room.  Which is OK.  Once I checked in a little before 9:00, I ordered some dinner from room service, and also took a bit of time to check my paperwork, and watched some TV.  Alas, the hotel's TV system does not carry Bravo, so that's why I'm down in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza.  ;)  -However, I did somewhat like tonight's episode of "Private Practice".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »

I'm glad I decided to splurge on a car service to the airport since the bridge was PACKED.  Who knows how long it would have taken on the bus?  But I made it there an hour before my flight, checked in about five minutes... Then stood in one of the longest security lines/mazes I've ever seen.  It took about 25 minutes to get through, and then once I did get through, I heard the boarding announcement for my flight.  The plane was pretty full, but after a last minute shuffling of seats, I ended up with a nice aisle seat and an empty middle seat next to me.  The flight was OK, but it felt long.  Of course, once we pulled away from the gate, it was another 15-20 minutes before we were in the air.  However, we did end up coming in about 20 minutes early. Go figure.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »

When did Olympus Fashion week become Mercedes Benz Fashion Week?  It's so hard to keep up on Project Runway lingo?

Well, if we were able to raise enough funds, we could have a Haines His Way Fashion Week!

-Anyone got a big tent?  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »

And for those of you curious about DR JoseSPiano's posts about White Christmas, the show website is HERE.

Greg was working on the commercials for this a few days ago. They didn't perform the whole show but he liked what he saw.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2007, 07:41:56 PM »

I believe that Graham Rowat and Kate Baldwin are in the Toronto production of WHITE CHRISTMAS.  M Barnum's boyfriend Brian d'Arcy James and Kerry O'Malley are in the Boston production.

You are correct, Sir.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2007, 07:44:26 PM »

DR DerBrucer - I spell my name - well, my parents spelled my name without an accent over the "e".  It's just "Jose", not "José".  You can save your keystrokes for DR François' cedille. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »

Hmmmm.... See's Chocolates...  Hmm....

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2007, 07:47:15 PM »

rent "Wordplay," the fabulous documentary about Wil Shortz and the New York Times crosswords--it's wonderful and frequently hilarious.

I loved it and bought it for several friends who are crossword puzzle addicts. I saw it sitting by Ken Burns; we were both at a festival premiering our films.

Unkind Donuts!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2007, 07:49:42 PM »

DR Jane - I have to admit that that picture of Keith sort of scared me (too).  8)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:12 PM »

Roast mules.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »

I'm watching a DVD about an egret.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »

Hmm... The Lobby of the Orlando Airport Crowne Plaza seems to be quite the hopping place at 10:45 on a Wednesday night.  There's a mini-conference going on just a couple feet away from me... The bar area seems packed... And a couple of other people have started to lounge in the big comfy chairs down here.  Who knew?
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2007, 07:54:03 PM »

See, that's exactly what I love about this site! I have been introduced to so many things here at HHW that have really enriched my life.

I finally have people to talk to and learn from about musical theatre, who have guided me to wonderful shows (not to mention great restaurants and movies and music!). HHW is a cultural cornocopia!

And it has been great to have been so warmly welcomed by a community---even more important to me now that we have left our community of activists in Marietta.

Editing is very often solitary work, and it's nice to know that there's always someone there to talk to, or to listen to. This is one of the most supportive groups of people ever, and I feel fortunate to have found it.

Edisaurus

« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:40 PM »

And I found HHW through the Grant Geissman gateway. When adding him to the credit list in a film I worked on (I was the editor and music supervisor) I looked up Grant to see hoe he was listed on imdb. I saw that he had contributed to TFNM DVD, a film I hadn't thought of in many years. I did a search on the film and landed here, where I was warmly welcomed! (And then bought 6 Kimmel books!)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

I often find myself at a loss to describe my relationship to the people I have gotten to know here at HHW.  I have met several of the Hainses and Kimlets in person, including BK; but I feel such a strong bond of love and friendship with so many others at this site, even though I have yet to meet them face to face.

Does one person have to meet another person face to face in order to consider them a friend; or can the bond of friendship be forged over an internet cable, a monitor, and a keyboard?

Tom. you put this absolutely beautifully!! I often find myself thinking of one or the other of you during the day.

Thank you Bruce for bringing so many wonderful people (including YOU of course!) into my life!!!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:01:51 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »

Jennifer, I think that is a little heartless.  George Osmond's funeral was held on November 9th.  On the 12th Marie was back competing.  Anyone who has lost a parent will tell you that three days after a funeral is not even the blink of an eye.  Also, today Marie's sixteen year old son entered rehab.  I doubt that his problem manifested itself overnight.

Does anyone know if the current "publicity tour" that Donny and Marie Osmond are currently on was planned before their father died?  I mean, they were ALL on "Oprah" last week - and they did acknowledge that the great "Osmond Reunion" was planned in advance.  However, they were on Larry King tonight, as well as some other "news" programs.  I know that a new Osmonds World Tour just got announced, so... ???

-And I do have to admit I was a bit disgusted with the caption at the bottom of the screen during "Larry King".  It was something like: "Father's Death, Dancing with the Stars, and Family Secrets".  "Family Secrets"?!?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up