Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRUX OF THE MATTER  (Read 18299 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE CRUX OF THE MATTER
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 10:29:38 AM »

The publicist is heavy maintenence for sure, but he knows the LA waiver scene well - he's just slow as molasses and asks way to many questions like what cross street is the Hudson Theater on (hint: HUDSON)

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 11:09:18 AM »

Good vibes to DRs RLP and Danise! ~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2004, 11:09:33 AM »

What IS the deal here lately.  Forty minutes without a post on a Monday morning?  You'd think it was a Monday morning or something.  I am preparing the bitch-slap machine as we speak.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2004, 11:16:53 AM »

I just read that the tour of the WONDERFUL TOWN  revisal will star Lucie Arnaz.  Did Donna turn it down or do Fran and Barry feel that nobody west of the Hudson has heard of her?

The most unnecessary film of the summer --- the remake of MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE --- was just given the kiss of death: a rave from Liz Smith on the basis of two scenes she saw on a promo video.  She also showed just how ignorant she is when she mentioned she couldn't place who Liev Schreiber was.  With the original on a newly-released DVD plus on television several times this month, there is no reason for anyone to have any need to see the remake.  Even Angela Lansbury has stated that she has no idea why they bothered to re-make something that was perfect to begin with.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 11:28:39 AM »

Is this the one?

Hudson Theater
6539 Santa Monica Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-856-4249

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2004, 11:29:23 AM »

Well I have biked and done pilates (both) every single day for 8 straight days now.  Yeah!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2004, 11:31:28 AM »

I just read that the tour of the WONDERFUL TOWN  revisal will star Lucie Arnaz.  Did Donna turn it down or do Fran and Barry feel that nobody west of the Hudson has heard of her?

DRWEL, perhaps Miss Murphy doesn't want to tour?

DRsPanni and MattH, I apologize to those of you who have yet to catch the episode of SIX FEET UNDER last night, but, DRPanni, I was very angered by last night's episode, because I think a lot of the action was totally out of character, and I could not buy it.  I've loved this series and its characters for three years now, and I wondered seriously if the writer of last night's episode even knew what history the characters have.  Maybe I'm starting to find the show over.  Sorry!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2004, 11:43:30 AM »

GOOD FOR YOU JENNIFER!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2004, 11:44:58 AM »

My post for this morning.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2004, 11:59:47 AM »

Yes, that's our theater.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2004, 12:10:04 PM »

I too thought the SIX FEET UNDER was an Emmy bid for Michael C. Hall, completely out of character - nothing he did was anything like the David of the week before would have done.  I can hear the meeting now....what would happen if?  Then we could have him tied up....and then...and then....  

Of course the QAF season finale wasn't any better than the season has been....writing wise and acting wise.  But of course that show has never given us any hope of rising above itself.

Farces?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....WHAT'S UP DOC?, ONE TWO THREE, DUCK SOUP - all named before....but my favorites.  I might add THE PRODUCERS and MIDNIGHT.

Plays/musicals - TARTUFFE, BOYS FROM SYRACUSE, NOISES OFF

I really hated LEND ME A TENOR.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2004, 12:15:35 PM »

As DR Laura has stated so aptly,

My post for the day.

Back to work.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2004, 12:16:25 PM »

Thanks DR Jane.  And I have tried to eat better too.  Although I usually do the lowish carb thing.  And I haven't been doing that.  Been eating a lot of potatoes!

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2004, 12:18:45 PM »

Question.  Has anyone here ever tried the Atkins shakes?  They started stocking them at Costco.  And I've never tried one.

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2004, 12:20:23 PM »

Oh and remember a few months ago DR Jose was telling us about low carb ice cream.  Well I noticed some at one of the grocery stores I frequent.  I will have to note the brand name and flavor next time I am there (they had all kinds, low carb, fat free, ... every new type someone could be looking for).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2004, 12:21:06 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

-Just covering my bases... ;)

After yesterday's rehearsal, I hied myself - courtesy of one of the cast members - to the Hills of Beverly - well, actually, just outside of the Hills of Beverly - and I spent the evening having a very nice dinner and a catch up session with a friend who is in town for business this week.  By the time I was ready to leave, it was too late to catch any sort of public transportation back, so I just crashed in his hotel room and headed back this morning.  *And I have to say, the 14 bus from Beverly and Pico to downtown LA via Beverly certainly provides a nice tour of sorts.

Well, I have a couple of things to take care of before tonight's rehearsal.  However, this afternoon should be the last of my "busy-busy" days - I got a ton of work done on Saturday, and I was even able to check some things during the choreography rehearsal yesterday.

...Then I can finally catch up on the posts from the past few days, as well as get some posting done myself.

OH!  And just in case - I still have to check yesterday's posts - my final Krispy Kreme donut count for the day was only Two (2).  -And I didn't even have dessert last night after dinner!  *But I did stop at House of Pies this morning and picked up some cookies for later... :D

Speaking of later...

Laters.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 12:22:53 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2004, 12:27:10 PM »

Oh, Jose --
Ask BK for the Benjamin Kritzer tour, if you haven't already had it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2004, 12:29:50 PM »

I got my LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING dvd in the mail today....won on EBAY - sealed overstock - $10 including shpg.

AND my photo of Mr Bruce Kimmel as John in TFNM - which I will send to MR BK for his signature once his show is up and running!

Sounds like rehearsals are moving along well - and yes a "stand in" for someone missing during choreography is a must....or you will have to teach it again to everyone!

I will not be able to be at chat tonight - I will be in the read-thru for THE NERD in which I play - yes - the nerd.  Hmmmmmmmm.....wanted to be Axel, but that's life....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 12:30:50 PM »

I spent most of my youth with old people, and I grew to appreciate them far more than my contemporaries. We lived next door to my grandmother (who lived to be 99), and my uncle would take her and "her ladies" (lady friends from church) riding out in the country on most afternoons. Sometimes, he'd have a watermelon in the car, we'd stop on the side of the road and have watermelon. Other times we'd just drive around, and I'd listen to all these fascinating stories those older people had to tell. Many of them grew up during Reconstruction in the South and had some hair-raising stories to tell about the hardships they endured. I guess due to this, I was always older than my years indicated.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2004, 12:30:52 PM »

Okay how weird  is this.  I didn't see DR Jose logged on, and I was just thinking how BK must be working him very hard, because we never get any long "good morning/good afternoon" messages anymore. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 12:31:35 PM »

It sounds as if DRJose is having a great time!  Hurray!!!  Work AND a vacation - what could be better?

MBARNUM - well it sounds like your adventure was very exciting!  The sun can be deadly as you have discovered....even on a cloudy day.  Don't you remember what happened to Lucy Ricardo?  I hope Don Loper doesn't call you today to model that tweed suit!

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 12:32:10 PM »

Question for the women on this board.  What kinds of cream do use on your face?

Has anyone tried vitamin E cream?  I got a bottle this weekend and it is doing wonders for my skin.  And it smells so nice too!

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 12:34:51 PM »

Oh I meant to say that I hope DR MBarnum's friend is okay.  Quick recovery vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2004, 12:35:24 PM »

Haven't gotten to SIX FEET UNDER yet but will have seen it by the time chat starts. I guess that means ONE, TWO, THREE will have to wait until tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2004, 12:43:14 PM »

the 14 bus from Beverly and Pico to downtown LA via Beverly certainly provides a nice tour of sorts.

Just for clarity's sake...
Jose appears to be talking about two different Beverlys.
Beverly Drive intersects with Pico.  Beverly Boulevard does not intersect, but does go downtown.

If you go to the west end of Beverly Boulevard, travel two blocks north, and then look at the second house on the left, you'll see where I lived from age 9-18.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2004, 12:46:33 PM »

NOISES OFF and A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM are the two farces (farci?) that I enjoy the most.  I played Tim Allgood in a local production of NOISES OFF and Hero in FORUM!  I had a great time in both!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2004, 12:51:43 PM »

TO JOSE-

Do you know the answer to my musical question from yesterday??

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2004, 12:51:59 PM »

DR MBARNUM so when is Carl coming back to Oregon?  ;D

And remember NO MORE SUNBURN!!!   :P

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2004, 12:55:54 PM »

Elmoore and JRand - Re SFU - I don't think that anything David did was totally out of character. Many people behave quite differently when they are afraid for their lives. I don't want to spoil the episode for those who haven't seen it, so feel free to email me and we could have a short discussion, if you like.
Back to my writing.
Aaaaargh. I'm starving, but don't want to stop right now to eat. Maybe in half an hour.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2004, 01:16:32 PM »

And I have to say, the 14 bus from Beverly and Pico to downtown LA via Beverly certainly provides a nice tour of sorts.

Give me the word, Dear Reader Jose, and I will be happy to chauffeur you on the quintessential road tour of L.A.:  Sunset Boulevard from the heart of downtown to the ocean.

And if you arrange with Dear BK a tour of the sites from the Kritzer Trilogy, do you think maybe I could tag along?  (Hint, hint.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 01:19:55 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up