Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 8  (Read 14803 times)

Ginny

Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 8
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »

VIBES of Coping and Comfort for Ginny & family

Thank you, DR Vixmom, we're fine.  Richard and I just had a lovely evening at the Cincinnati Museum Center (aka Union Terminal) attending a pre-Middfest program about the World Heritage Foundation.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »

See, I went to Cincinnati and brought back Page 8!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »

Vibes to Ginny and family

FJL

« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »

Oh wait, did you not need vibes?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »

It looks like I'll be furloughed Monday. 

You and several of my LoC friends.

When I walking along The National Mall earlier today, there were a lot - and I mean A LOT - of school groups going in and out of the various Smithsonian museums. Many of them were visiting Washington, DC, for the week, and some of them had adjusted their plans just in case the government does shut down this weekend.
Did you have to pepper spray any of them?

Nope.

I prefer a taser.

:D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »

one can never have too many vibes

FJL

« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »

I must ketchup on the day.

Ginny

« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

Thank you, DR FJL - we're OK - really.  Tomorrow I'm taking off to Akron for the weekend (AAUW Ohio convention) and Richard and Rob are going to Sinclair Community College for Rob's firefighter pinning.  I just gave them my camera, so there should be some pictures when I get back on Sunday.  My travel plans, involving several other people, were already in place when Rob told us about this event day before yesterday.  Fortunately, we already have his June 11 paramedic graduation on the calendars.

Ginny

« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2011, 08:11:21 PM »

one can never have too many vibes

Ain't that the truth!

FJL

« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »

Did I miss someone noting that the Drama Book Shop, where elmore has worked, where BK read from his memoir last year, got a special Tony honor.

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/news/articles/2011-04-05/201104061302061974483.html?promo=tumblr04072011

FJL

« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »

OK, but I think the govt takes a percentage of your unnecessary vibes, so I wanted to make sure.

:)

FJL

« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »

That last post of mine was dumb, but it's a post.

Laura

« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »

It takes a percentage of necessary vibes.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »

Also a dumb post, yet a post nonetheless.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2011, 08:19:32 PM »

Thank you, DR FJL - we're OK - really.  Tomorrow I'm taking off to Akron for the weekend (AAUW Ohio convention) and Richard and Rob are going to Sinclair Community College for Rob's firefighter pinning.  I just gave them my camera, so there should be some pictures when I get back on Sunday.  My travel plans, involving several other people, were already in place when Rob told us about this event day before yesterday.  Fortunately, we already have his June 11 paramedic graduation on the calendars.

LOL Sounds like the Vixter!!

Has he mentioned to you that he has a wedding coming up?

FJL

« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »

That last post of mine was dumb, but it's a post.

Hmmm, is that where the expression "dumb as a post" comes from? 

vixmom

« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »

I must ketchup on the day.

Oh that reminds me -- I have to go to the grocery store

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »

One of the results of Monday's dinner and learning about the fall of the New York State Theatre Institute is that I started going through the contact sheets for the shows I scored for them and seeing who's on Facebook. I added several new friends today. My beloved Laura Krause, my intern on A TALE OF CINDERELLA, is a stage manager for the Washington Opera in DC, so I hope I see her next time I'm in DC. Child actor Ben Golub, whose parents were wonderful friends, is grown up and living in Fredonia, and Dominic Fallacaro, who was the smallest and most adorable little boy in the ensemble of THE SNOW QUEEN (I think everyone in the production wanted to adopt him and carry him around), is a working musician in Brooklyn. I just ordered his CD. Dominic and I just exchanged emails and we'll hopefully get together soon.

I am so happy for all of them. I'm still waiting to hear from others.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »

One of the results of Monday's dinner and learning about the fall of the New York State Theatre Institute is that I started going through the contact sheets for the shows I scored for them and seeing who's on Facebook. I added several new friends today. My beloved Laura Krause, my intern on A TALE OF CINDERELLA, is a stage manager for the Washington Opera in DC, so I hope I see her next time I'm in DC. Child actor Ben Golub, whose parents were wonderful friends, is grown up and living in Fredonia, and Dominic Fallacaro, who was the smallest and most adorable little boy in the ensemble of THE SNOW QUEEN (I think everyone in the production wanted to adopt him and carry him around), is a working musician in Brooklyn. I just ordered his CD. Dominic and I just exchanged emails and we'll hopefully get together soon.

that's really nice!

vixmom

« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »

(((TCB))))

vixmom

« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2011, 08:33:57 PM »

bedtime

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »

that's really nice!

It really is great. It's too bad Charlotte's in Ann Arbor. Perhaps she'd like to meet a young jazz pianist. Here's Dominic's album:
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »

LOL Sounds like the Vixter!!

Has he mentioned to you that he has a wedding coming up?

The bride-to-be sent us a "save the date" card!

Ginny

« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2011, 08:39:03 PM »

DR Elmore - nice to hear about your reconnecting with long lost friends.  I've found it very refreshing being friends, both in person and online, with younger people.

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »

Yikes!  I have to get up no later than 6:30 in the morning - 'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »

OH!

And if you happen to get The Cooking Channel and watch next week's US premiere of "Eat St.", you might notice a familiar looking Filipino in one of the segments.

;D
  Oh man, I wish I got the Cooking Channel....is it online?

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »

Thank you Ginny.  I have missed you as well.  Keith's aunt and cousin invited me to meet them in NY in October and I realized if I go you won't be there.

Jane, if you'll be there, I may go.   I want to go to NYC this fall.  It's been too long since I've been there

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

OH!

And if you happen to get The Cooking Channel and watch next week's US premiere of "Eat St.", you might notice a familiar looking Filipino in one of the segments.

;D

The episode is supposed to be online sometime after it airs next Tuesday on The Cooking Channel Website.

*And, really, I just make two very brief appearances during the Schnitzel Truck segment. I just happened to be at the truck the day they were filming. -I was supposed to be in the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck segment which airs the following week, but I got edited out apparently.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »

That yummilicious chili I made early in the week was missibng something and tonight I fixed the problem: grated cheddar.

I thought you said the chili was terrible.

My chili was terrible

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2011, 08:53:55 PM »

OH!

;D

The Cooking Channel replaced the Fine Living Network (FLN). Check your local listings, you may already have it.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up