Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RETURN OF C.C. BROWN'S  (Read 12882 times)

Ben

Re:THE RETURN OF C.C. BROWN'S
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2004, 11:07:52 AM »

Ah, what the h*ll. Here's Page 3 (without the dance).

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2004, 11:10:59 AM »

WFO - I'll respond later - although I have no inside union info.

Jennifer - I hope I didn't say I thought Canadians would "gag" at the ending. If I did, I must have been tired or a little miffed. Whatever I said, what  I meant to say was that Canadians might not have the same response as Americans and might even think the ending a bit too-too because of the rather negative feelings about nationalism that Canadians have (or HAD in the years that I lived there). If I did use the word "gag" - I apologize - to me.

Panni

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2004, 11:12:54 AM »

NOW I must finally shower. I got distracted by another task and have as yet to clean me up so I looks real good and sparkly clean.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2004, 11:37:33 AM »

I find myself planning a trip to L.A. in early November to hook up with some fellow film music fans I've been corresponding with for several years via the internet.

We are going to USC on November 5 to hear cellist Yo- Yo Ma play the music of Ennio Morricone.  There's more to it than that...apparently the music will be played live as accompaniment to student films from the USC film department.

I'm wondering if any Kimlets in the L.A. area are planning on attending the concert.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2004, 12:32:26 PM »

Jennifer - I hope I didn't say I thought Canadians would "gag" at the ending. If I did, I must have been tired or a little miffed. Whatever I said, what  I meant to say was that Canadians might not have the same response as Americans and might even think the ending a bit too-too because of the rather negative feelings about nationalism that Canadians have (or HAD in the years that I lived there). If I did use the word "gag" - I apologize - to me.

Actually I believe you said  it would be barf-inducing.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2004, 12:42:58 PM »

I took a little drive to the Valley, and my house is now untented but still not available to enter.  You know this because of all the skull and crossbone signs posted everywhere.  I may take a nice long walk over to Amoeba in lieu of doing the exercise bike.

Panni

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2004, 12:49:46 PM »

Actually I believe you said  it would be barf-inducing.  :)

Well, shame on me. I was probably being ironic.

Panni

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2004, 12:52:58 PM »

I took a little drive to the Valley, and my house is now untented but still not available to enter.  You know this because of all the skull and crossbone signs posted everywhere.

Perhaps pirates have taken residence, matey.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2004, 12:53:16 PM »

This just in:

“THE MUSICAL REVUE” is back and Sam’s Dream Street Cabaret is where it’s at!

PREMIERES Thursday, September 30th
OPENS Wednesday, October 6th

MARTIN CHARNIN, best known for creating, directing and writing the lyrics for the smash hit ANNIE (as well as TWO BY TWO, UPSTAIRS AT O’NEILS, among others), works magic once again, conceiving and directing THE NEXT-TO-THE-LAST REVUE, celebrating that lost art form, “The Musical Revue.”

And here I thought that that's what I'd just done.  Funny that.  Maybe his opening number will be called We'll Do a Revue.  Maybe one of his comedy numbers will be a coming attraction parody.  Maybe...  Nah.

Panni

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2004, 12:57:36 PM »

Re TV Guide - I agree that it used to be a really special publication. As a kid I collected the covers. Every week I'd  wait eagerly to see who was featured and then I'd tear off the cover at the end of the week and put it away. I had hudreds of them. Every once in a while the Guide would go missing before I had a chance to put away the cover. Then I'd go on a search to find one for "the collection."
I still get TV Guide, but I hardly ever look at it. Don't think I'll renew.

Panni

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2004, 01:10:51 PM »

"...celebrating that lost art form, “The Musical Revue.”

Skammen! >:(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2004, 01:22:25 PM »

The hot fudge was/should always be on the side, but I'm dismayed to hear they don't have the famous brown ceramic pitchers.  Do they at least have the silver cups?  
Theft might be a factor here.  The "famous brown ceramic pitchers" are the sort of thing people would steal.  Metal pitchers, on the other hand, are available everywhere, thus less desirable.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2004, 01:26:29 PM »

Re TV Guide - I agree that it used to be a really special publication. As a kid I collected the covers. Every week I'd  wait eagerly to see who was featured and then I'd tear off the cover at the end of the week and put it away. I had hudreds of them. Every once in a while the Guide would go missing before I had a chance to put away the cover. Then I'd go on a search to find one for "the collection."
I still get TV Guide, but I hardly ever look at it. Don't think I'll renew.

Alright, I'll admit it--I was one of those people who saved the TV Guide.  The entire digest.  Like from about spring 1971 up through sometime in the late 80s.  Even when I wasn't living at home, I would sneak boxes of them back into my mom's house.  But eventually she discovered them and went on the warpath exclaiming, "What the hell are you going to do with all these TV Guides?"  Since I couldn't come up with a good answer, I cleared them out.  I went through and pulled all the Fall Preview issues and the Christmas week issues that had nice cover art and threw the rest into our newspaper recycle barrels (it took two weeks to get rid of them all.)  I wish I had saved the ones with the Amsel covers.  Ah, well...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2004, 01:29:31 PM »

This just in:

“THE MUSICAL REVUE” is back and Sam’s Dream Street Cabaret is where it’s at!

PREMIERES Thursday, September 30th
OPENS Wednesday, October 6th

MARTIN CHARNIN, best known for creating, directing and writing the lyrics for the smash hit ANNIE (as well as TWO BY TWO, UPSTAIRS AT O’NEILS, among others), works magic once again, conceiving and directing THE NEXT-TO-THE-LAST REVUE, celebrating that lost art form, “The Musical Revue.”

And here I thought that that's what I'd just done.  Funny that.  Maybe his opening number will be called We'll Do a Revue.  Maybe one of his comedy numbers will be a coming attraction parody.  Maybe...  Nah.

Ya know, it sounds like you're periously close to writing a spoof of Charnin's "Maybe" from Annie here...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2004, 01:34:03 PM »

I once wore by TV Guide.  Now I barely read it.
Too little coverage?

Sorry, couldn't resist the typo.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2004, 01:46:58 PM »

Alright, I'll admit it--I was one of those people who saved the TV Guide.  The entire digest.  Like from about spring 1971 up through sometime in the late 80s.  Even when I wasn't living at home, I would sneak boxes of them back into my mom's house.  But eventually she discovered them and went on the warpath exclaiming, "What the hell are you going to do with all these TV Guides?"  Since I couldn't come up with a good answer, I cleared them out.  I went through and pulled all the Fall Preview issues and the Christmas week issues that had nice cover art and threw the rest into our newspaper recycle barrels (it took two weeks to get rid of them all.)  I wish I had saved the ones with the Amsel covers.  Ah, well...

But did you save the one with Oprah's head on Ann-Margret's body??

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2004, 01:55:45 PM »

We have happy doggies!  Their new yard is fully enclosed, and they have deemed it worthy!

As der Brucer and I have written before, our house is built into a hill (a rarity in Delaware), so that the main level is just about at street level, and the basement has a couple of walk-out doors one floor below, in the back.  What the lads (and lass) have had before now is an enclosure about half the length of the house on the downstairs level, with access from a doggie door.

That has all changed!  They now have loads more room!  The new doggie door will be installed in the kitchen door (there's still some work to be done), which is of course at the same level as most of the house.  This leads to a small yard by the side, where they can watch what is happening up on the street.

It also leads to the first retaining wall, which makes a level first yard possible.  Stairs lead down over this wall to the second level, a wide sloping area with lots of romping room.  At the base of this second level is another (short) retaining wall, which they can hop over to get to their old yard.

They all think this is quite marvelous.  It'll look better (from a human standpoint) once we get some flowering vines growing along the fence.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2004, 01:57:01 PM »

I let der Brucer handle all the tech stuff in our house.  It's safer that way.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2004, 02:42:45 PM »

Panni did you figure out the harness contraptions?

Sandra did you bluff your way through those answers?

Bruce is Miss Patty McCormick the actress?

Charles and Julieanne have a very Happy Anniversary.  How many years?

Panni and Jennifer all the food was delicious today.  My dessert was a hit.  Best of all,  the book I chose and the discussion were a big success.  If you enjoy reading check out THE KITE RUNNER BY Khaled Hosseini.

Dan (the Man) I know what you mean about TV Guide and the lack of shows I’m interested in.  Still, I shall pick up the issue-thanks for letting me know it is available.  I also didn’t take the time to renew my subscription.  I enjoy the first month or so after the news shows begin, then they run out of things to write about.

Are you referring to the gifts ?  I didn’t see the show but it all sounded like a great surprise Oprah and her staff put much thought into.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2004, 02:45:47 PM »

I will second those not serious storm Vibes.

Is anyone in touch with TCB?  Jed, Ann are you out there?

WFO thank goodness for the pause button.  Most things we watch have been pre-recorded.  Sometimesl, I have to get right up to the TV and still can’t always read the names.

RLP who will take care of Miss Vickie?

SWW, it is nice when the dogs are happy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

So...it's really up to ME, is it??  I mean, what with TCB back in the dark ages until he gets a new home PC, and with Jay obviously missing beats left and right...and with BK having too high a time in his hotel suite, I'm admittedly perplexed how this Panni quote went without a single comment:

Yesterday, Panni wrote:

I bought a new kind of harness contraption for the hound and I can't figure out how to put it on. It's very frustrating. I'm usually pretty good with things like this. The instructions are useless.

To which I must respond....Panni, Dear...let the hound wear it!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2004, 02:59:23 PM »

BK: Are you familar with an actor named Chris Beaumont who did episodic tv mainly like the Brady Bunch, PArtidge Family, Streets of San Francisco etc. He is selling his tv scripts on Ebay. Although it doesn't say who he is it was easy enough for me to figure it out.
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2004, 03:02:54 PM »

Panni wrote:To which I must respond....Panni, Dear...let the hound wear it!

What would I do without HHW to guide me through life?? ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2004, 03:13:01 PM »

I seem to remember the name Chris Beaumont.  

Yes, Patty the actress.

That bad boy Martin Charnin - trying to steal our thunder, which can't be stolen since our show has been well-documented and because our Variety review appeared in this week's Weekly Variety.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2004, 03:25:29 PM »

Oh well I have to agree with DRS DtM and WEL and others that TV GUIDE has gone to hell.  Three weeks ago I made the decision to never buy it again.  It's listings are frustrating, incomplete, and unreliable.  Its use of covers and articles as PROMOTIONAL tools is distressing.  It's NOT my TV GUIDE anymore.  Yes, an era has ended.  I can get the local Sunday paper for less...and it contains a perfectly good television schedule.  Goodbye, Tv Guide.  It is interesting how many DR's have stopped buying it, and I would imagine we are not alone.  The sales/distribution figures by year's end would be interesting to see.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 03:26:39 PM by JRand54 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2004, 03:28:44 PM »

Zenith 36" Television, Panasonic DVD Player, Sanyo VCR, and Samsung VCR, and Emerson 5.1 Surround Sound System.

AIWA surround sound 3-CD shelf system.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2004, 03:30:38 PM »

I took a really nice long walk down to Amoeba, then over to Vine then back to the hotel.  Managed to get a copy of I Married a Monster from Outer Space.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2004, 03:31:20 PM »

Your Allison Hayes Picture of the Week.

Allison in her last Big Screen Picture: Tickle Me!

She is wearing a blonde wig and clutching the King himself, Elvis the Pelvis.   :o

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2004, 03:33:45 PM »

I have been sitting here reading all the stuff about TV guide and wondering why in the heck do I still buy it! Then I just realized...the local paper here does not list TCM in their TV listings! I knew there was a reason...although I guess I could just look at TCM on-line to find what will be on for the week...maybe I will do that when my subscription runs out....then I would have more money for ......Bollywood movies!!!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2004, 03:40:11 PM »

Remember Seinfeld episode #74?

FRANK: (having been away and now examining mail) This stack should be bigger, where's the TV Guide?

GEORGE: What TV Guide?

FRANK: I'm missing TV Guide volume forty-one, number thirty-one.

JERRY: Uh, Elaine took it to read on the subway.

FRANK: Elaine took it?

GEORGE: I didn't know she took it!

JERRY: Wa, it's two weeks old.

FRANK: (shouting) How could you let her take the TV Guide?!

GEORGE: (to Jerry) He collects them.

JERRY: You collect TV Guide?

FRANK: The nerve of that woman. Walking into my house, stealing my collectible!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up