Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO NODES IS GOOD NODES  (Read 22467 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:NO NODES IS GOOD NODES
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2005, 09:28:54 PM »

Page Seven Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »

I have always liked Gary Sandy, and I thought he was a good choice for THE MUSIC MAN; but as the Pirate King????
Der B and I saw Sandy play Billy Flinn in the Long Beach Civic Light Opera production of Chicago...the one choreographed by Reinking, with Juliet Prouse and Bebe Neuwirth in the leads...the one that predated the Encores concert that led to the revival...

Anyways, he was danged good, surprisingly so.  Pirate King?  Yeah, I can see it, when he was younger!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2005, 09:32:19 PM »

This evening we received good news.  Bogie’s latest blood work shows he has improved.  We just wish he would eat and poop (trying to be polite here) more often.  He isn’t as perky as he used to be either.

I had to read this a couple of times.  The first time, I thought it said "We just wish he would eat poop..." :o and I thought, "Really?? You WANT him to do that??"  But, on second read, it all became clear. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2005, 09:32:39 PM »

American Idol report:  I have never seen a single episode.  End of report.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2005, 09:34:38 PM »

My favorite Mexican Food:  A really good beef taco ala Casa Vega.  A really good cheese enchilada, covered with plenty of guacamole and sour cream.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2005, 09:34:59 PM »

I can't have my favorite POTATION right now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2005, 09:39:40 PM »

Bo, Anthony and Vonzell were the best performers in AI tonight.

Constantine and Carrie were huge disappointments with poor song choices (of course, they had to be from 2000-2005, so there wasn't MUCH choice).

Scott just plain sucked.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2005, 09:52:09 PM »

Dang, I'd love a good chicken enchilada verde right now.

:'(
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

Der Brucer and I have been busy busy busy.

First we drove north to Dover, so that he could purchase our new television from Sam's Club.

Then we drove west to the Eastern Shore, so we could borrow the son-in-law's truck, to transport the new television homewards.

Then we drove east again, back to Dover, to pick up said television.

Then we drove south, homewards, with said television.

Then, after unloading the television in our homestead, we drove back north and westwards, to return the truck to son-in-law.

Then we drove east and south once more, back home in our own car.

We are too pooped to set the damned thing up.  That will have to wait until tomorrow.

And that is the end of my day.

Whoopee!

George

« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2005, 10:09:58 PM »

Earlier today (before my "Huge Hugh Debacle of 2005" ::)), JMK wrote:

Does anyone in HHW land (Jose, Larry, JR?) have the sheet music for either The Beauty that Drives Men Mad and/or We Could be Close from Sugar?  If so, could you scan and email them to me today, perchance?  The director of a reading that we're doing next week has just today discovered she can't find the music for these anywhere.  Email me:  jmkauffman@aol.com

I can fake these off the CD if need be, but one of the singers is desperate to see sheet music.  Thanks!!!

I sent him this PM:
For almost 10 years in a row, I was involved in a local A.I.D.S. benefit.  For a couple of years, we did (in full drag) "The Beauty That Drives a Man Mad," but it was transcribed from the London recording of Some Like It Hot.  It has a different (meaning longer...and I think better) ending and some different lyrics.  I could look for the music and e-mail it tonight it if BK's person doesn't work out (and I find it...which I'm pretty sure I could).  Or would you specifically want the original Broadway version of the song from the musical known as Sugar as opposed to the revised version of the song and musical Some Like It Hot?

I just e-mailed the pages to him.  So, unless he really does want the original version, he should be very happy the next time he opens his e-mail!  I also sent an MP3 of the song from the London cast recording, just in case he and/or the singers want to hear it. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2005, 10:13:16 PM »

I need to wussburger.

George

« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2005, 10:14:15 PM »

Well, my housemate and his "ladyfriend" have come home and want to watch TV...without an audience (my computer and TV are in the same area).  Anyway, I'm going to watch TV in my bedroom so that they can have a bit of privacy. ;) Goodnight, all!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2005, 10:31:51 PM »

Good Evening!

Once again, I'm logging on via my roomie's computer.  Well, my soon-to-be-ex-roomie's spyware-laden, adware-infected piece of !@#$%!!!  In any case...

Nothing more to add right now, except that I'm heading to bed.  I shall try to check in tomorrow as the day and the packing progresses.  I did stop by Steve's on the way back from Apple Store to pick up some boxes and packing material leftover from his very recent move.  -Thank you, Steve.  :)

I also got the not-so-hairbrain idea in my head that if I work quite diligently tomorrow, I could actually get everything sorted, packed and boxed up.  I would have to wake up in one of those "man on a mission" moods, but, hey, stranger things have happened.  We shall see.

So, if that does happen, then all I have to do is rent the van on Thursday, bring the stuff to the storage unit, return the van.  Clean up my room on Friday.  Then spend the weekend at Steve's - or maybe even head up to Fairfax to spend it with my family.  *Plus, there's plenty to do this weekend in Richmond: Arts In the Park, the opera at VCU ("Marriage of Figaro"), Cinco de Mayo, etc., etc., etc...

OK... Till tomorrow...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2005, 10:34:08 PM »

Ohh..

DR Jane - GOOD BOY BOGIE VIBES!!!

-And Thank You - I think John Michael is quite cute and special too.  *In fact, when he was a baby, he looked just like I did when I was a baby.  Even my parents had questions!  ;)  -No way, Jose!
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2005, 10:38:58 PM »

Thank you for your input on "And They Dance Real Slow...."  The review I read made me believe that I would not enjoy the show. I tried to give the tickets away, but no luck so far.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2005, 10:39:20 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR READER JENNIFER!!!

We want a full cake report in the morning!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2005, 10:39:47 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~

For Bogie

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2005, 10:59:57 PM »

About to write tomorrow's notes whilst sipping a cup of hot EmergenC.

Then a steaming shower.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2005, 11:36:05 PM »

Once again, Ann has sat here like a dead herring in the moonlight sans posting.  The dear girl must have SOMETHING to say.  She can't STILL be catching up.  I'm afraid it's going to be Boot Hill unless we can get her to post instead of just sitting there like so much fish.

Notes are written, steaming shower awaits.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2005, 11:53:02 PM »

Pardner Pogue, can you believe it.  All these varmints have WUSSBURGERED rather than post.  All I can say is, it's the OK Corral at dawn.

And one for Mahler.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2005, 12:02:35 AM »

I'm waiting for the new notes.  Where are they? Why can I write this post?  It's after midnight!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up