Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COIF THE DO  (Read 21048 times)

François de Paris

Re:COIF THE DO
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2005, 07:08:31 PM »

Paddlin' Madeline Home must be Danise's favourite song! Lol!

François de Paris

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2005, 07:09:41 PM »

New page; let's do some Paddle Dance!

And Whack, Two, Three!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2005, 07:11:08 PM »

"Composer, trumpeter and arranger Robert Farnon has died at the age of 87, his former manager said today. The Canadian-born star, regarded as one of the greatest composers of light orchestral music, died at a hospice near to his home in Guernsey last night.
Former manager Derek Boulton, said the world has lost "a musical genius". Farnon wrote the music for more than 40 films including Spring In Park Lane, Maytime in Mayfair and Captain Horatio Hornblower RN.
He won four Ivor Novello awards including one for Outstanding Services to British Music in 1991 and a Grammy award in 1995. As conductor of the Canadian Band of the Allied Expeditionary Forces Farnon came to England in 1944 and made it his home at the end of the war."

Robert Farnon scored the songs for the film of WHERE'S CHARLEY? which I understand will be released on DVD in the not-too-distant future.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2005, 07:22:25 PM »

Why did I just quote myself?

The brat in handcuffs should have been shot by the police and her parents should be sterilized before they produce another evil on society.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2005, 07:23:11 PM »

I think if you look at the videos, DR François de Paris, you will see that reason was not going to work in that case.  

I fully realize that anything can be used to overmuch or in the wrong way but if properly applied; the paddle is a great attitude adjuster.  It worked wonders for me.  :D  And I'm still alive to tell the tale!

Truely, the "time outs" or "stay in your room" crap never worked for me.  That's where I had all of my books/records etc  and spent 99% of my time  anyway.  A paddle got my attention. That or making me go outside to play.    :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:26:17 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2005, 07:25:46 PM »

Why did I just quote myself?

The brat in handcuffs should have been shot by the police and her parents should be sterilized before they produce another evil on society.

Quite right! Quite right! I quite agree!
We could use the guillotine from The Widow Of Saint-Pierre for good mesure!! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

Quite right! Quite right! I quite agree!
We could use the guillotine from The Widow Of Saint-Pierre for good mesure!! ;D

Amen!  Kids in comas cause no problems.

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2005, 07:34:01 PM »

Could we also question ourselves as to why children in today's society are SO violent and may be the "result" of the adults wrong doings, and a pretty violent culture????

Physical punishment, to me, is from another age! We now know more about human psyche..... to be more.... human and intelligent in educading our children

As a French saying goes:
"We get what we sow!"

François de Paris

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2005, 07:37:30 PM »

Amen!  Kids in comas cause no problems.

Kids in handcuffs cause no problems either!
They should ALL wear handcuffs... made in Hong Kong!
Kinds in coma= "Kids"!

Have you noticed how, while I intented to type "kids", it came out "kinds"?

"Be kind To Your Parents!"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:49:22 PM by François de Paris »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2005, 07:40:03 PM »

I think if you look at the videos, DR François de Paris, you will see that reason was not going to work in that case.  

I fully realize that anything can be used to overmuch or in the wrong way but if properly applied; the paddle is a great attitude adjuster.  It worked wonders for me.  :D  And I'm still alive to tell the tale!

Truely, the "time outs" or "stay in your room" crap never worked for me.  That's where I had all of my books/records etc  and spent 99% of my time  anyway.  A paddle got my attention. That or making me go outside to play.    :P

As I always say:

Share the rod,
Spoil the masochist
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2005, 07:45:48 PM »

I'm stopping here the "debate" because that's starting to make me sick, even if i try to be humourous about it!

No hard feelings, Danise!

Danise

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2005, 07:52:59 PM »

Yes, I suppose, now that I think on it, the correct thing to do was pat the girl on the head, tell her what a good girl she was and let her go.  She sounds like she’ll be a real winner for society.  

Today she tears up an office and punches an adult.  Tomorrow, who knows?  

She'll no doubt win her law suit, make a couple of million and then have a best selling tell all book.  Humm, to bad   I wasn't smart enough to do that in school.  And at only five!  The child's a genius!  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2005, 07:54:31 PM »

OK, DR François.  I didn't see your post in time.  Next topic.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2005, 08:03:24 PM »

Take any pictures while you were on your trip, Jane?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2005, 08:06:18 PM »

As I always say:

Share the rod,
Spoil the masochist
[/b]

Don't forget:  Evil connections make good complexions

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2005, 08:08:12 PM »

Bruce will you be talking with Hugh O’Brien tomorrow?  I met him years and years ago at his cousin house when he was starring in Wyatt Earp.  I believe her name is Susan.  I wonder how she is or if she would even remember me.  Sometimes my father and I would play doubles tennis with she and her father at the Rancho Park tennis courts.  Susan and I began ice skating lessons together but she dropped out after I quickly moved on to the next level classes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2005, 08:10:47 PM »

Danise, the pictures I took didn't come out very well.

Off to watch something.

Danise

« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2005, 08:12:57 PM »

And I'm off to bed!  Nighters all!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »

We'll see if the opportunity presents itself.

Having come from a family in which I was sometimes "punished" for no good reason, I'm not a huge fan of this sort of thing.

BUTT - this obnoxious little kid is most likely obnoxious because her parents are most likely obnoxious and let her get away with it.  And, of course they sue.  And, of course they'll win, which is more nauseating than anything.  Somehow millions of children for the last hundred years managed to grow up decently, even if there were occasional problems.  They did so without being monitored to death, without lawsuits, without the word "inappropriate" (if I never hear that sickening word again it will be too damn soon), without handguns, without soccer, without tae kwan do, without the INTERNET and computers and too much knowledge too soon, without ten-year-olds losing their virginity, without junior high school girls performing oral sex because it isn't really sex it's just hip and fun because they saw it on TV or in a movie, without thong underwear and teenage girls dressing like hookers, without any of the horrible things in this world which are turning children into selfish loathsome creatures.  There, I've said it and I'm glad.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »

I'm feeling a bit better.  Had some chicken soup from Jerry's, a half turkey sandwich, so big that I simply couldn't eat all of it, two macaroons and some EmergenC in hot water.  I'm still phlegmy and hoarse, but I'm feeling warm inside and as if the throat will get better as the evening wears on.  I'll take a super hot steam-laden shower a bit later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2005, 08:23:04 PM »

I'm feeling a bit better.  Had some chicken soup from Jerry's, a half turkey sandwich, so big that I simply couldn't eat all of it, two macaroons and some EmergenC in hot water.  I'm still phlegmy and hoarse, but I'm feeling warm inside and as if the throat will get better as the evening wears on.  I'll take a super hot steam-laden shower a bit later.

Aren't you going to a seder?  Is that tomorrow?  I forget!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2005, 08:23:50 PM »

Oh, and an acquaintance stopped by at my table today and brought me an original one sheet for a film entitled The Lustful Turk.  Those who've listened to the commentary track or watched the documentary on Nudie Musical know that that was one of the key films that gave me the inspiration for Nudie.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2005, 08:23:51 PM »

I'm off to bed.  I have to be at the office between 9 and 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Sleep well, everyone!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2005, 08:34:52 PM »

Oh, I'd like to see TIME TUNNEL and THE GREEN HORNET again. Thanks for the tip, DR MBarnum. I'll keep an eye out for them.

I'd especially like to start recording THE GREEN HORNET for keeping.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »

Robert Farnon scored the songs for the film of WHERE'S CHARLEY? which I understand will be released on DVD in the not-too-distant future.

WOW!!! That's news worth tuning in for!  Thanks, DR Elmore!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2005, 08:36:22 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from Fairfax!  Very pleasant and uneventful drive up 95.  However, the temp has dropped into the mid-50s, and there are still scattered showers in the area.  Apparently, there were a couple of doozies up here; damage reported some neighborhoods.

So, I'm home, and it appears my parents are out.  I'm guessing they're out celebrating their anniversary, ballroom dancing most likely.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2005, 08:37:15 PM »

DRs Rodzinski and elmore - Yes.  I thought that looked wrong when I typed that, but...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »

MattH, there is one DVD available of GREEN HORNET tv series...it is 3 or 4 episodes strung together to make a movie...but still very obviously just episodes strung together! But lots of fun!

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2005, 08:39:44 PM »

I didn't get around to THREE COINS tonight. Instead, I watched the movie version of STARSKY AND HUTCH on HBO-HD. Ridiculous in the extreme, it was a wasted 1 3/4 hours. It was nice seeing David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser near the film's conclusion. Time has not been kind to Mr. Soul though Glaser looked OK (with some obvious "work").

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2005, 08:41:11 PM »

MattH, there is one DVD available of GREEN HORNET tv series...it is 3 or 4 episodes strung together to make a movie...but still very obviously just episodes strung together! But lots of fun!

Seems like I did notice that somewhere, but I didn't pick it up. I'll keep an eye out for it. You just can't beat Van Williams.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up