Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COIF THE DO  (Read 21012 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:COIF THE DO
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2005, 05:58:46 PM »

It is now Passover in Indiana.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2005, 06:00:44 PM »

Page Five Passover Illustration.  :D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2005, 06:04:47 PM »

But here's the other side of a school administrator and an unruly child.  Their authority has become undercut in disciplining children.  Outraged parents sue at the drop of hat the teacher, the administrator, or the school.  Hell, you can't even fail a child anymore without parents getting up in arms.  Lawsuit happy parents/lawsuit-frightened schools have created this sort of situation.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:27:01 PM by Charles Pogue »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2005, 06:05:18 PM »

"Sunny Side Up" on Vocalion is Farnon's Orchestra doing DeSylva, Brown and Henderson. That was my intro to the man.

Penny Peyser's thigh, a thing of beauty. I was a big "Crazy Like a Fox" fan as a youngster.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »

Songs I wish I'd written:
That Sunday That Summer
Kokomo, Indiana
Once In Love With Amy
I Cover the Waterfront
Rainy Days and Mondays
Something's Gotta Give
Picnic

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2005, 06:14:21 PM »

Today watched the end of GIRL CRAZY which was just a mess.
Then THE SADIST, courtesy MBarnum, which is a pretty grim and violent tale from 1963 featuring Arch Hall giving his best (some wags would say only) performance. He is by turns cartoonish and realistically menacing. The whole movie takes place in a junkyard where he torments some folks on their way to a Dodger game. The woman who plays Doris is SO beautiful, but never in another film.

Alright, I'm off to hear a pal spin records at a pub. Over.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2005, 06:16:35 PM »

Penny looks great, too.  Seated next to Penny were Jonathan Haze and Jackie Joseph of Little Shop of Horrors.  Robert Culp was there once again, looking befuddled.  Doing very well was Mr. William Katt, selling the new DVD of The Greatest American Hero.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2005, 06:18:44 PM »

I met lovely Jackie Joseph when she and her then husband were in Indy doing The Music Man.  Sweet lady.  And she was on The Doris Day Show for a couple of seasons....or maybe just one.

Jonathan Haze - costar with Miss Allison Hayes in GUNSLINGER!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2005, 06:19:02 PM »

More stars than there are in the heavens!

François de Paris

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2005, 06:19:08 PM »

Thanks for your moving melodious melodies, Mr Farnon!
(Say "hi!" for us to Rosie, Mel, Ella, Eileen, etc... etc.... and happy music in heaven!)

http://www.rfsoc.org.uk/index.shtml

François de Paris

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »

Jonathan Haze - costar with Miss Allison Hayes in GUNSLINGER!!!

Are you sure it's not Jonathan Hayes and Miss Allison Haze?????
I haz-itated for a moment! ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »

LOL Francois.  In the movie she kept calling him "little man."

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2005, 06:26:27 PM »

Gosh, Jonathan Haze wasn't even on the list of guests...he must have crashed the party!

BK, perhaps you can get a bit of a picture of Jonathan Haze tomorrow? You know, a certain DR from Indiana by the initials of JRE, has been know to have a slight crush on a certain Mr. Haze!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2005, 06:27:45 PM »

What? Huh? Who?  Say what?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2005, 06:27:59 PM »

Gotta go.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2005, 06:28:07 PM »

And I am glad that you got to see Ms. Diane McBain...as lovely as ever!! What a beauty! I can understand JRands hubba, hubba remark, I really can!

And, BK, you do know that Tommy Cook co-starred with Ms. Leslie Parrish in the movie MISSLE TO THE MOON!

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2005, 06:29:03 PM »

Or was I wrong about Mr. Haze, Jrand?

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2005, 06:30:20 PM »

I just finished watching a Bollywood movie called ZIDDI (1964) starring Joy Mukherjee, Asha Parekh, and Majnu the Elephant!! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2005, 06:32:16 PM »

I have a funky photo of Haze and Joseph, but for some reason it wouldn't load.  I'll try it again shortly.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2005, 06:32:51 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
! ! ! ! !  FINENESSIAL VIBES FOR BK  ! ! ! ! !
[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »

While flipping channels this morning I discovered that one of the Encore channels shows both TIME TUNNEL and THE GREEN HORNET!

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2005, 06:34:24 PM »

Good vibes for a clear throat, BK!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2005, 06:35:47 PM »

While flipping channels this morning I discovered that one of the Encore channels shows both TIME TUNNEL and THE GREEN HORNET!

Two favorites of mine as a youngen.  Haven't seen either of them for years.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2005, 06:38:36 PM »

If I am not mistaken DR Rodzinski, that pretty gal in THE SADIST was actually Arch Hall's cousin or someting....interesting movie and very unconventional ending.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 06:39:12 PM by MBarnum »

Danise

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2005, 06:46:49 PM »

Evening all!

Sorry I wasn’t on sooner but we had a bad storm and for awhile, it sounded like we had a tornado somewhere close by!  The Weather guys said one was spotted about five miles North of Brandon in the Seffner area—Well, that’s just about where we live.

I looked outside but didn’t see anything, thank goodness.  

I bought some computer software today among my many and sun dried items.  Three in fact.  One is an Internet Radio Recorder, the next is the Singing Coach and last a game called “Impossible Creatures” that looked interesting.  The only down side to it is that idea of the game is to come up with genetic mutations (Like the head of a tiger and the body of a scorpion) so they can fight.  I like the mixing part put I don’t really want my creatures to fight.  I don’t want to see my cyber creatures get killed.  I’m hoping for a “peace” mode.  

All three sound like they will be great fun.  I just hope I can find the time to really use them.  If you could only see the DVD’s alone that are still in their original wrappings or just had the wrapping removed so I could read the inside but have never watched, you would be amazed.    

I have a ton of computer games that I rarely to never play either.  If I could just quit that four letter word called “Work”, I might finely have the time I need to do the things I want.  Sigh.

I saw what I thought was a disgusting sight today.  A young pregnant gal wearing a mini skirt.  The top of the what there was of the skirt was under her very big belly and she was also wearing a cut off shirt so she looked like a guy with a beer gut sticking out.  Ugh.  Made me want to vomit on the ground.

So glad to see DR Jane and DH are back safe and sound.  I’m glad to learn that I am not the only person who cries about the loss of inanimate objects.  There has been a car or two in my past that brought me to tears when I watched them being towed away.  

I’m already bonding with Bonnie as she’s my first new car.  It will be very hard to say goodbye to her when the day (many years from now) arrives.  I’m not doing bad.  I’ve only put about five hundred miles on her since January.  At this rate, I think I can count on her being around for a good long bit.  

I’m also glad I was able to replace my memory foam pad.  I thought I was stiff this morning but I’m really feeling it now.  

As for the story about the little brat, excuse me, kid who was cuffed by the police, that happened in my neck of the woods.  Here is a better link that shows how she was misbehaving.

http://www.wfts.com/stories/2005/04/050422girlarrest.shtml

The teachers/school is not allowed to touch the kid but she is hitting the lady in the video and has destroyed her office.  

I do think the cuffs were a little much.  They should have broke out the paddle.  Five or six good hard whacks might have fixed the problem.

Obviously discipline and respect for your elders are not words in the parent’s vocabulary.  I KNOW what my parents would have done in a case like this.  I might not be sitting down yet.  

This crap that the teacher/principal can’t administer correction is wrong.   Bring back the paddle.  Maybe use it on some of the parents as well.  It might straighten their act out too.    

I look around and see stuff like this and that ten year old killing himself and his mom then hear the kid across the street (a little kid, I have no idea what age)  shaking his fists at his parents and screaming at the top of his lungs, “I HATE you!  I HATE you!  I wish you were DEAD!” just this week when I was getting out of my car and I wonder next week I'll hear a bang then read in paper he killed them.  Maybe I should have called the cops when I heard that  but then what does one do with a misbehaving child now days?

Opps, I’m ranting.  Sorry.   I don't even have any kids.  Well, at least I lucked out in that department.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François de Paris

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2005, 06:52:01 PM »

LOL Francois.  In the movie she kept calling him "little man."

She might have known something personal about him! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2005, 06:54:36 PM »

What? Huh? Who?  Say what?

Just vicious gossips! Ignore that! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2005, 07:03:45 PM »

Quote:

"Five or six good hard whacks might have fixed the problem!"

My goodness, it can't be YOU saying that, Danise! One doesn't curb violence in children by being violent to them, and teachers can't and SHOULD NOT hit children!

Obviously, the "wacks" would not have helped! they had (!) to put handcuffs on the kid! A 5 year old kid! handcuffs... and they were being videotaped!
Is this the world we live in?????

Toto? Let's go back to Oz!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2005, 07:06:54 PM »

You probably couldn't see Tommy Cook for the crowd around his table.

If Miss Diane McBain didn't have a crowd, then the people there are NOT fans of the 1960's!  She was so terrific in PARRISH as the spoiled rich girl.  And of course her Daphne on SURFSIDE SIX had too little to do, but was VERY decorative.  I'll alway remember her sitting in the convertible and waving during the credits.  Hubba hubba!

Isn't Diane McBain in MARY, MARY with Debbie Reynolds and Barry Nelson?  I always liked that film.

I just finished watching a beautiful and moving film, THE WIDOW OF SAINT-PIERRE, with its ironic title.  I'm still caught up in its tragedy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2005, 07:07:51 PM »

DR elmore - "My Foolish Heart"- Victor Washington
[/quote
Do you mean Ned Washington and Victor Young?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:14:57 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up