Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MIXMASTER  (Read 20707 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:MIXMASTER
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 08:47:43 AM »

Elmore I’m so relieved for you.  It also sounds as if you are going to make your May 16th deadline. :D

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 08:48:44 AM »

I am such a chicken that I can't stand anything really scary. The scariest book I've ever read was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Good first day of work vibes for Dear Reader Ann!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those were some nice Peter Pan pictures. I especially like the fencing ones. I've always thought fencing would be even better if I could fly. Maybe I should suggest Zero-Gravity fencing to my instructor. He doesn't usually like my suggestions for some reason.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2005, 08:49:36 AM »

Good Morning! Once Again...

Now I'm awake... Nothing like a shower to help wash out the cobwebs - and wash away the rest of the cigarette smoke out of my hair from last night.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2005, 08:49:56 AM »

But I thought you LIKED the widescreen versions...

He does, but on widescreen, high-definition monitors and only with anamorphic video materials.

:)

Meanwhile, I have my 17-inch Sony that I bought in 1994.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »

YEAH!  PAGE THREE!!!

Dance.... Hmm...

THE KRAKOWIAK!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 08:51:22 AM »

Good Morning! Once Again...

Now I'm awake... Nothing like a shower to help wash out the cobwebs - and wash away the rest of the cigarette smoke out of my hair from last night.  :-\

Why were you smoking cigarettes last night, young man?  Don't you know they're extremely BAD for you?  And with today's economy, just think what you can do with the money you'd save by quitting.

(...channeling someone's mother, I guess....)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 08:52:14 AM »

In a few, I shall be heading out to lunch with one of the other keyboard players.  I think we're heading back to the new French bistro that opened a couple of weeks ago.  We'll see.

Until then, I need to start organizing my stuff here in order to get it all ready to be loaded back into my car for the trip up north tonight.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2005, 08:53:45 AM »

Why were you smoking cigarettes last night, young man?  Don't you know they're extremely BAD for you?  And with today's economy, just think what you can do with the money you'd save by quitting.

(...channeling someone's mother, I guess....)

Well, I wasn't smoking, but almost everyone around me was, so...  And since most places in Richmond don't seem to believe in good air circulation systems...

Now the karaoke was a different thing...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:13 AM »

Sandra good history vibes!

Vixmom where in England is Mr. Vixmom from?
I enjoyed the link, once I got past the blurry images.  Was the Vixter in any of those photos?

Steve was born and raised in Coventry,  made famous by Lady Godiva.  The town is ridden with statues and pictures of the aforementioned lady au natural on horseback.  Mr. Vixmom said it was a lovely environment for a young lad to grow up in.  Of course,Coventry is also know the famous three spires, the Coventry cathedrals (the one destroyed the blitz and the new 'un),  the 'silk weavers' that make beautiful pictures and bookmarks from silk, and it was ,until the 80's,   the "Detroit" of England, all the famous English autos  were made there.  It's a short drive from Stratford- upon- Avon.  His mum used to own a restaurant on the Royal Showground at Stoneleigh.  She ran agarden party for the Queen at Buckingham Palace one year, and hosted Prince Charles at her restaurant another year.  We have a picture of her with Charles but she never had her picture taken with the Queen as the exotic flowers in the Buckinham Palaces gardens brought on such a severe allergy attack  poor Mum ended up in an ambulance and missed the photo opportunity that head been promised tp her.

Mr. Vixmom  moved here in 1984 or 85....I met him in September of '86 because I heard his  voice on a friend's answering machine, fell for the accent and weedled an intro.  We were married October of '87
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 08:59:50 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2005, 08:58:03 AM »

He does, but on widescreen, high-definition monitors and only with anamorphic video materials.

:)

Meanwhile, I have my 17-inch Sony that I bought in 1994.

Gosh, that's probably COLOR, right? I wonder if I should get one of them....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2005, 08:59:56 AM »

Gosh, that's probably COLOR, right? I wonder if I should get one of them....

Yes...it's color.  It's not "plasma", mind you...but the colors are still quite nice.

Sony makes very good TVs.  I'm fortunate it's lasted this long, since it gets plenty of use.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2005, 09:05:08 AM »

But I thought you LIKED the widescreen versions...

LOL! Only on my widescreen TV. My computer screen is 4:3.

:D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2005, 09:07:37 AM »

Vixmom, such a cute story how you and Mr. Vixmom met.  I also enjoyed the family details.  Do you get to visit often?  My mother was English, yet sadly she never took me to England to meet her favorite relatives.  I had a slight English accent growing up and have always been interested in the country and the candy.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2005, 09:08:30 AM »

An old RCA that I just got rid of was purchased in 1979, and it still had a picture. A color tube inside must have burned out because all it could deliver were black and white pictures, but it still worked after all this time and being moved many times since 1979. Also, it was the original picture tube which got many hours of use before it was turned into a bedroom TV (which I almost never watch) for several years thereafter. Then, it became the guest room TV where it was hardly ever even turned on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2005, 09:10:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  

I'll give another vote for The Other.  And a huge vote for Rosemary's Baby, the novel.  Also, Mr. Bradbury's short story, The Jar.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2005, 09:11:40 AM »

Though I have seen several of his movies and liked MISERY I have never read a Stephen King novel.  Horror stories really aren’t my cup of tea, however, I do read Dean Kuntz once in awhile.  My favorite is the first one I read SOLE SURVIVOR.  Possibly it was his least scary novel except it opens with a plane crash and I was on a plane.  ;D I enjoy reading thrillers when I travel.

I also read the master, Poe, when I was younger.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2005, 09:12:15 AM »

Losing a TV is like losing a member of the family to me.

Sneezing....must be the pollen today.

GOOD NEW JOB VIBES to DRANN.....and test vibes to DRSANDRA.

DRVIXMOM...very clever "flying" alternative!  Kudos to the director...much safer, too.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2005, 09:12:45 AM »

Oh, how could I forget Rosemary?  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2005, 09:15:19 AM »

I agree. I loved ROSEMARY'S BABY as a novel and as a film.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »

I think the first time I saw “Please Don’t Eat the Daisies” was in 1958 or ’59 at a drive-in theater.  My family would go to drive-ins frequently when two or three films played. I made my first acquaintance with some of the best movies I never saw all the way through on a big screen at “the drive-in.”  I usually managed to watch at least one film all the way through, but I usually fell asleep by the time the second movie started.

What I remember about PDETD was the screaming kids, the dog, the big old house, and the glamorous vamp trying to steal David Niven away from Doris Day.  I remember the two songs, too….the main title, and that staged number that still doesn’t make any sense to me, lyrically, but is fun to watch.  I’ve seen it on TV maybe twice in the past 25 years, and I’m sure I enjoyed it.

This weekend, I watched it on DVD.  It was nice having an old friend in front of me in its original aspect ratio (I assume), but some odd things were happening.  It became a rather ugly story of a man with an unchecked ego and a woman who constantly deferred/apologized to him.  When his ego consumed him, they would argue, and he would storm off/out, like the infant he truly was.  Even Spring Byington, as Doris’ mother, gives her some TERRIBLE advice about forgiving her husband and apologizing for something for which no apology should ever have been considered.

It’s a sad reflection of the 1950s, IMO, that such a sordid bit of male chauvinism and female subjugation masqueraded as grade A vehicle for Doris Day.  I think it’s unrepentantly ugly in tone, but it has winsome elements that make it fun, too.

It’s a well-made film with a shameful message…and Niven and Day delivered it with depressingly chipper sincerity.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 09:30:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2005, 09:17:46 AM »

DRJOSE - it sounds like you are having a wonderful SOCIAL life!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2005, 09:20:54 AM »

LOL DR RON - my problem with the movie has always been Niven's character as the obnoxious silly A$$.

That one song "Any Way the Wind Blows" was a song published by Day & Melcher's publishing house, and Marty had tried to get Ross Hunter to change the name of PILLOW TALK to that song title so they could use it.  Hunter said "No...." and that's how that strange song ended up in PDETD.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2005, 09:20:55 AM »

DRJOSE - it sounds like you are having a wonderful SOCIAL life!

Good Lord, JRand54...if you think KARAOKE is indicative of a hot social life, you need to get out more!

:D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2005, 09:21:22 AM »

Well, THAT goes without saying.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2005, 09:22:15 AM »

I love when one of the kids zips Doris' dress up and she screams a bit and says: "Oh you just took off about 5 lbs. of dear old mother!"

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »

DAISIES and GLASS BOAT are the two Day films from the box I haven't gotten to yet. Maybe at some point this week, I'll watch them.

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2005, 09:29:17 AM »

Vixmom, such a cute story how you and Mr. Vixmom met.  I also enjoyed the family details.  Do you get to visit often?  My mother was English, yet sadly she never took me to England to meet her favorite relatives.  I had a slight English accent growing up and have always been interested in the country and the candy.

Actually my inlaws moved to Grande Praire, Alberta, Canada about 14 years ago, so I had a couple of quick visits to England  but nothing since then.  Mr. Vixmom's only sibling, his sister,  had moved there when she married and now there are only a few distant cousins, aunts and uncles left    in Merrie Olde England so we haven't been there since his parents left.  We  are planning to get there with the Vixter sometime in the next few years.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2005, 09:36:36 AM »

It's very gray and rainy-looking here in the City of Studio.  

vixmom

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2005, 09:41:36 AM »

It's very gray and rainy-looking here in the City of Studio.  

Beautiful, warm and sunny here on the Island of Long.  It was a misearble cold and rainy Saturday ans Sunday was swindy, cool and damp.  Now that the weekedn is over the sun has come out to play.  This is the third week in a row with nasty weekends and glorious weekdays.  I demand this trend to end!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2005, 09:43:04 AM »

Storms are predicted for us later today in Indiana.  And my backyard is being filled up with Maple Tree seed spinners!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up