Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MIXMASTER  (Read 20670 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:MIXMASTER
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »

I'm off to Footlight. I need a record fix and Ben said there was a sale going down over there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2005, 02:29:16 PM »

As for Lums...

I remember them around Arlington, VA, while growing up.  They always seemed to be promoting their hot dogs which were boiled in beer.  There was also one in Richmond right near VCU's campus when I started school there back in 1987.  From what I could tell, it was a Lums in name only - seemed to become a place for some unseemly folks to indulge in their cheap beer fixations.

I know I ate at one before, but it was a long time ago.

As for OllieBurger... There's is a place in DC near Ford's Theatre that still serves the OllieBurger - I think the whole "Ollie's Trolley" franchise was related/spinoff - same menu items, same color scheme.  They also have very good french fries.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2005, 02:56:08 PM »

Hmm... I think I shall take a nap now...  Yep, a nap sounds good...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2005, 02:59:51 PM »

WFO, I actually had started my HERCULES with Fox TV, but the exec at Fox was having a hard time trying to set it up.  We then heard NBC and Hallmark were planning to do one, my exec at Fox...an old friend who had been my exec on THE FLY years ago...said, "It's your idea, I can't set it up, go with God, my son"...or words to that effect.  We sent my treatment of HERCULES to them, which was very detailed and had the whole thing worked out.  They hired me and I wrote from my treatment (with their notes on it, of course.)  The whole script development was actually quite lovely and both my execs at NBC and Hallmark were great and very protective of the script.  Of course, we will now see what reducing a 4-hour mini to 3-hours does for the sake of demographics and scheduling strategies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:39 PM »

Well, after "Revelations," NBC is going to need something really potent!

I "suffered" through the 4th installment...and whatever happens to the folks in that mini-series is their own fault...it's a weird spin on prophecy anyway.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

Hi all!  I had a little problem and had to go to the doctors office today.  She sent me home to rest and take some meds.  I should be back at work tomorrow.  

I rested most of the afternoon away but feel better for it .  I’m just very mad to be put on the kind of meds that one has to take for the rest of one’s life.  I don’t like taking pills in the first place.  Two, the cost of these things is outrageous.

I’m so glad that everything is ok with your money, DR Elmore.  You know that half the time I just assume (I know I should never do that but I do) that my money is there and never even bother to check before I start spending it.

Scary books?  I would have to agree about The Stand—at least the part about the flu.  I was very nervous around people who sneezed for weeks after.

Alas Babylon by Pat Frank was one I read in my high school days.  It’s another end of the world/nuclear holocaust type book that was set right here in Florida (Before Disney).  It was set up around Kissimmee so it was hard to read about the mushroom cloud that was Tampa/MacDill AFB.  

I shook every time a plane went overhead for at least a month afterwards.    

I also read the Ann Rice witch books.  Eh, not so scary.  In fact, I bought Taltos off the net a few weeks/months ago and have yet to pick it up to read.  

Awww, bus rides.  Elmore and I will get together and each write a book about our experiences.  Mine shall be called:  Hartline:  It’s not just a bus ride, it’s an adventure.  
I also meant to say that I wish I room in my fridge for the flowers but alas, there would be no way.  Having no AC, some of them are already wilting.  

I'm looking forward to Hercules.  I only wish I had way to record it but there will be a DVD?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 03:57:00 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2005, 03:51:24 PM »

I'm off to Footlight. I need a record fix and Ben said there was a sale going down over there.

Hey, I know where that is!   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2005, 04:32:25 PM »

Thanks for the vibes, everybody. They seemed to do the trick. I had more trouble actually getting to school than taking the test. I forgot that the bus line I take to school changes at 11, so I had to run half a mile to catch the next line. I missed that one and had to wait fifteen minutes for the next bus. So I was waiting at the bus stop, and the guy waiting there with me got out a pad of paper, some watercolors, and a brush and started painting a picture of the empty lot across the street that used to be the mall. Why not?

I was only about ten minutes late for the test, so it wasn't the end of the world. Luckily, none of that history I had crammed in my head fell out while I was running after various and sundried buses. The test took up an entire blue book, minus one page, which I used to write a P.S. to my teacher. And I did manage to use the word "unseemly" in one of my essays.

Congratulations to the Vixter on her recycling video! I once had a teacher lose one of my projects at a bowling alley. I'm not quite sure what happened there.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2005, 04:48:59 PM »

My very favorite scary book is GHOST STORY by Peter Straub.  In fact, I think I enjoyed the film version with Fred Astaire more than most people did, becuase I could visualize the book in my head as I was watching it.

Both THE STAND and IT rank as not only among my favorite scary books, but also among my favorite books of all time.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »

I am certainly glad to see that my three off-the-wall suggestions for topics yesterday did manage to get some responses.  Although, it seems strange that Best-looking Nazi received as many, if not more, responses than Least Favorite Dental Procedure.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »

Hey Rodzinski, if you're in the neighnborhood, give elmore a hug for me... I think he needs one after his last few rotten days!  :D

Well, I have to go help strike the Peter Pan set, as Jose would say" Laters!"
Hugs are always welcome and accepted from DRs.  I'm a nondiscriminator when it comes to tokens of affection and support.  Anything further is totally negotiable.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »

I'd hug him, but my mom just called and said she saw him on the bus and he was very rude to her, moving away from her when she was talking to him about her problems, making angry faces... And just a day after Mother's Day!

I thought she had a familiar face!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »

I don't take the bus, probably only twice in my life....not counting the School Bus, of course.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »

True bus story:

A older lady was riding the bus home from the store.  The bus driver hit the brakes and something from the ladys bag falls out and slides to the front of the bus.

"My Aspirins, My Aspirins!",  She cried.

Without missing a beat, the bus driver said, "Lady, if your A** Burns, stick it out the window!"  

Of course, you have to understand how we Southerners pronounce Aspirin to get the joke.   ;)  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jed

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2005, 05:45:02 PM »

Seeing as how they worked so wonderfully last week for DR Ann, I figure I may as well get in on the wonder of HHW employment vibes.  I've got an interview for the Obituary/Legal Notices clerk job at the Tacoma newspaper tomorrow at 9am PDT.  Let's get me a permanent job here, folks! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

Job vibes to Jed!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 05:50:07 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jed

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »

When DR Pogue asked about any ads for the upcoming HERCULES, I realized that I simply don't watch NBC at all at the moment.  Never been a LAW & ORDER guy, and I find most of their sitcoms thoroughly unfunny, so I don't think I've tuned in to the network since the WEST WING season ended.

...and I now realize that there's absolutely no reason what so ever that anybody should give a hoot whether or not I watch NBC, but since when does that stop us around here? :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2005, 05:51:17 PM »

Seeing as how they worked so wonderfully last week for DR Ann, I figure I may as well get in on the wonder of HHW employment vibes.  I've got an interview for the Obituary/Legal Notices clerk job at the Tacoma newspaper tomorrow at 9am PDT.  Let's get me a permanent job here, folks! :D

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ Best Obituary Vibes for DR Jed!! ~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2005, 05:52:24 PM »

It the same for me.  I only watch, LOST, JOAN OF ARCADIA and JAG.  Now that JAG is over, it's down to two shows.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2005, 05:53:02 PM »

:o That doesn't sound quite right...but you know what I mean!! ;D

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ Best Job Interview Vibes for DR Jed!! ~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2005, 05:53:37 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EXCELLENT EMPLOYMENT VIBES FOR DRJED!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 05:53:57 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2005, 05:56:14 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OH, LORD, GIVE THAT BOY A JOB!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 05:56:46 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2005, 05:57:41 PM »

When DR Pogue asked about any ads for the upcoming HERCULES, I realized that I simply don't watch NBC at all at the moment.  Never been a LAW & ORDER guy, and I find most of their sitcoms thoroughly unfunny, so I don't think I've tuned in to the network since the WEST WING season ended.

...and I now realize that there's absolutely no reason what so ever that anybody should give a hoot whether or not I watch NBC, but since when does that stop us around here? :D

I noticed a few weeks ago that I don't watch any shows on CBS.  Funny, huh?  But speaking of "Law and Order," I've been watching "L&O:  Trial By Jury" because of Bebe Neuworth and last Friday was the season finale.  I totally forgot to watch (or even tape) it! :'( Did anyone happen to tape it and would anyone who happened to tape it be able to send me a copy??  I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping or to trade something.  I mean, I can wait for the repeat this summer, but I'll probably forget about it by then.  Any help would be appreciated. ;D

Jed

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

Yowza, y'all don't waste any time!  Thanks so very much!

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2005, 06:08:49 PM »

And from Oz too DR Jed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »

Well, after "Revelations," NBC is going to need something really potent!

I "suffered" through the 4th installment...and whatever happens to the folks in that mini-series is their own fault...it's a weird spin on prophecy anyway.

LOL.  We are still hanging in there but I'm not sure why.  Well, possibly because we know it will end soon.  I shouldn't say we since I haven't asked Keith his opinion of the show. ;D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »

I'd hug him, but my mom just called and said she saw him on the bus and he was very rude to her, moving away from her when she was talking to him about her problems, making angry faces... And just a day after Mother's Day!

ROTFLMAO  ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2005, 07:06:01 PM »

LOL elmore, you didn’t mean the kids rode the bus without paying a fee, you meant they ran free as in wild. ;D

Rodzinski you are horrible- ;D ;D

Jane

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2005, 07:07:01 PM »

JED, GOOD JOB VIBES!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~EXCELLENT JOB INTERVIEW VIBES~~~[/move]

FOR DR JED!!!