Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: READY TO GO  (Read 17290 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
READY TO GO
« on: May 20, 2005, 12:01:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know that I must vacate the premises before she of the Evil Eye casts her gaze upon me, and you know that it is now time for you to post until the cows come home - their almost ready to go.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 10:10:29 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:READY TO GO
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 12:03:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLABBY!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:09:23 AM »

Well...some of us can have the new Guy Haines album in their CD player...well...one of us can...

Some of us just have to settle for the old Guy Haines album.

Other CDs I'm listening to:Leslie "Hutch" Hutchinson:  Singing for You.

But mostly, I'm reading...a ton of books for my perusal for adapting or pitching.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:11:38 AM »

Sweeps week my ASS!  Enough, I say.  Does no one get tired of the endless cliffhangers and hype?  Does no one need respite from the bombardment of this junk?  You know, pardon me for having to mention it, but it's sweeps week HERE at haineshisway.com.  

"Don't miss the season finale of haineshisway.com.  In the last five posts, the world will change for one of the posters.   Will one of the errant and truant return?  Will Danise have to run?  Will Jane have to go?  Will Pogue plotz?  Will Jrand's obsession with Alison Hayes completely overtake him?  Will MattH give away an important plot point without putting a spoiler alert?  Will vixmom be in hell?  Will Jose change his avatar?  You won't want to miss the season finale of haineshisway.com."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 12:12:47 AM »

FLABBY, baby, FLABBY.  That's what I'M talkin' about.

I'm doing the LIMBO, baby.  That's what I'M talkin' about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 12:16:16 AM »

Guess who I just got an e-mail from?

JESSICA SKERRITT!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 12:24:57 AM by bk »

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 01:25:16 AM »

Well, it's about time! One shouldn't be surprised. It IS sweeps week after all.
What sayest the lass who could be queen?

Ben

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 04:28:29 AM »

JR will be choreographing Pippin later this summer and I will be listening to it today. I also have Promises, Promises, A Little Night Music, The Rothschilds, Romance, Romance, and 1776. All Original Broadway Cast recordings, btw.

Nothing on the VCR/DVD horizon. I will be seeing Anthony's show tonight with two friends from work. I will be dining with a certain Hollywood celebrity on Saturday evening at Joe Allen's and then on Sunday afternoon I go back to the Upper East Side of New York for the final viewing (for me, it's not closing night) of Anthony's show along with 12 other Morelli family members.

Quiet morning here at HHW.

Oh, by the way, according to the Calendar, it is Eliza Doolittle Day!

http://www.inforesearchlab.com/giftideasmonth.chtml

Tomorrow is National Waitresses/Waiters Day and Sunday is Buy a Musical Instrument Day.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 05:16:11 AM »

It's even slower than I thought. I'm the only post in an hour.

But, Dan the Man is here to save the day :-)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 05:20:32 AM »

Oy--such pressure!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 05:25:40 AM »

In honor of Eliza Dolittle Day, my office building is having a Book Fair.  (Actually, it's one of those book fairs that travel from building to building peddling books and stuff you wouldn't normally even think of buying.  But people do, simply because it's a Book Fair! in their building.)

I plan on celebrating the day by doffin' off a pint of gin.  It's like mother's milk to me.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 05:34:52 AM »

I'd rather not think about today's word of the day.

Ah New York, how wonderful.  And best of all-- how wonderful to see all our New York family.

I've been listiening to "Musical of Musicals" again.  I had lent it to a friend and just got it back.  Very clever.  I hope I get to see the show sometime.

A compilation CD is on the car.  Lately I seem to be hearing "Who Am I?"  the Overture from "Gypsy," and other bits and pieces.

Stay tuned for a very special "Haines His Way."  Please spare me from any "special" episodes!!!!!

I like boat races.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 05:38:51 AM »

The new release of Japanese Animee Ghost in the Shell. I previewed it in 6.1 DTS. Amazing Sound mix!!!! This is the first DVD I bought that was mixed this way. All I can say is wow!!

Also up for the weekend is Mr. Kevin Spirtas in an indie called Green Plaid Shirt where I understand he is in his all together.

CD: 110 in the Shade (complete recording)
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 05:39:58 AM »

What does one do on Eliza Doolittle Day--- and why?

I checked out the list of holidays from Ben.  Who comes up with this stuff?  "Candied Orange Peel Day"?!?!?!?!?!
I might find a way of celebrating "Bless the Fleet Day," but "Have a Leg of Lamb Day" will have to just do without.
I like boat races.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 05:45:47 AM »

What does one do on Eliza Doolittle Day--- and why?

I checked out the list of holidays from Ben.  Who comes up with this stuff?  "Candied Orange Peel Day"?!?!?!?!?!
I might find a way of celebrating "Bless the Fleet Day," but "Have a Leg of Lamb Day" will have to just do without.

Aren't we suppose to celebrate the glory of her? Let's all raise a glass!
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 05:49:04 AM »

The Shocking Season Finale of Media Check!

Secrets will be revealed!

Lovers will be reunited!

And someone...

Won't

Be

BACK!!!

iPod: Forbidden Broadway:  Special Victims Unit  This was the first FB that I've ever been totally disappointed in.  Much of the humor is flat and a lot of it actually recycles or piggybacks humor from the very shows they are parodying (such as Avenue Q and Wicked.)

DVD Player:  Dastardley and Mutley and Penelope Pitstop sets.  

Blonde:  Hack!  Look out!  He's got a gun!!!

BLAMMM!!!

Fade to credits...
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 05:56:30 AM »

Kerry said:

"What does one do on Eliza Doolittle Day--- and why?"

I say we all talk in bad cockney accents (a la Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins) although talking in a cockney accent is as difficult to present in print as is the ever elusive "tone"

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 05:59:01 AM »

Kerry said:

"What does one do on Eliza Doolittle Day--- and why?"

I say we all talk in bad cockney accents (a la Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins) although talking in a cockney accent is as difficult to present in print as is the ever elusive "tone"

One can also go around emitting "Ah-ah-aw-aw-oo-ow!"  all day long.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 06:01:26 AM »

And one could also partake of lots of chocolate, but that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for most of us.
-- Anaïs Nin

td

• td
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 06:06:49 AM »

Garn!
Still sorting through the remains of the re-organizing to be done following the massive basement renovations, so, there have been a few un-labeled videotapes hitting the vcr (they are now labeled).  I found a great Evening at Pops featuring The World's Sexiest Man, Davis Gaines, Chris Gronendal AND Jason Graae!  Not to mention the delicious Judy Kaye, Kim Criswell and Rebecca Luker!  Also another Evening at Pops featuring Barbara Cook!
DVD-wise, still sifting through those CONTROVERSIAL films from Warner,  A FACE IN THE CROWD is up next.
Last night, in the WalMart "2 for $11" bin, I picked up the Catherine Zeta-Jones TITANIC and SNOW WHITE AND THE THREE STOOGES.
Listening to SPAMALOT, FB:SVU and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS.
In the car, I've been listening to Kristen C's Christian based cd and the LATTER DAYS soundtrack whilst driving.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2005, 06:19:38 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yesterday was a better day; today's rather groos so I'll go into no details.

I prefer to celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day with a listen to the original Broadway cast album and the complete TER recording for all the dances and some of Trude Rittmann's wonderful underscoring.

Right now, I'm listening to Keith Brion's Naxos recording of dances and music from BABES IN TOYLAND, but I plan on listening to some fabulous CDs that DRFrancois was kind enough to send me from France, Europe.

I've begun reading a wonderful book, sent by Nurse Jane for my recuperative ruminations, HAMLET'S DRESSER.

I have nothing in my DVD player at the moment; yesterday, I watched SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS: THE MOVIE and laughed quite a lot.  I also watched part of a Hallmark FRANKENSTEIN with Alec Newman and Julie Delpy, which neither made me laugh nor scream so I sent it back to Netflix in disgrace.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2005, 06:22:50 AM »

Well, the world's slowest reader (me) has news to report.
I have finally completed the KRITZER trilogy!
I will miss those characters, the rhythm of that boy's life and the unique perspective he had on his world.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2005, 06:59:57 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - SPAMALOT (OBC)

DVD - ANGEL, Season 2, disc 4
          ROOM SERVICE (Marx Bros.)

DVR - Sunday's DEADWOOD
         Wednesday's ALIAS
         Thursday's CSI
         THE MAIDS (Glenda Jackson, one of the few AFT movies I've never seen)

VCR - last night's WILL & GRACE hour.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2005, 07:00:40 AM »

I feel especially honored to be a part of the haineshisway.com season finale. Thank you to all those who made it possible.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2005, 07:03:28 AM »

I have two nights off from rehearsals, but on SUnday we will run the show twice with a dinner break in between. Because Memorial Day is falling on our tech weekend, we're having to cram as many rehearsals in now before several cast and crew take off on holiday.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 07:06:07 AM »

And one could also partake of lots of chocolate, but that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for most of us.

Certainly not for me! I guess it's my only vice, but I sure wish I could curb the habit a bit!

MBarnum

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 07:17:09 AM »

BK, I am glad Jessica contacted you!!

Media Check:

CD: GINNY SIMMS AND THE KAY KAYSER ORCHESTRA: SIMPLE AND SWELL

DVD: FIVE MINUTES TO LOVE. A lurid cheapie from the early 1960s starring Rue McClananah!!!

VHS: APACHE WARRIOR (1957) starring Keith Larsen and Jim Davis.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 07:28:33 AM »

I'm sad I missed the Bea Wain special yesterday :(

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 07:37:59 AM »

Hmm could that be the reason why I'm getting  (okay who am I fooling- AM ) flabby?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 07:45:22 AM »

I've begun reading a wonderful book, sent by Nurse Jane for my recuperative ruminations, HAMLET'S DRESSER.

To be followed, no doubt, by its sequel:  HAMLET'S CREDENZA.

Happy Eliza Doolittle Day to one and all.

Listening to AOLRadio right now (currently the original cast singing "Buenos Aires" from EVITA.

VCR #1: Still has a tape stuck in it.
VCR #2: What is now a compilation of a couple of LOSTs, a DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES that the Dear Partner wasn't home to watch, and I am not sure what else.
DVD:  NOthing now, but friends lent us the boxed QUEER AS FOLK, which we will try to get to this weekend.  (We don't have HBO, or Showtime, or whichever premium cable channel it's on.)

DR Joey, that scrolling birthday wish for Francois was quite impressive.  Did you program that yourself?

Continued vibes of various types to those who need them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up