Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WITHOUT FURTHER ADO  (Read 26094 times)

Jed

Re:WITHOUT FURTHER ADO
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2005, 07:01:16 PM »

I was the host of cable Academy Award Show...

Huh?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »

DR Stuart, not sure which scene the woman from LOST was in.  I'm guessing a flashback either on the plane or at the airport.  But I also cannot remember the exact scene they were referring to.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2005, 07:53:36 PM »

Lonely days, lonely nights. Where would I be without my woman?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2005, 08:39:56 PM »

Very sorry to read about Anne Bancroft. Always loved her. I, too, think THE MIRACLE WORKER is her finest hour, but she has many other great performances on stage and big and small screen to be proud of.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2005, 08:41:43 PM »

I couldn't post until just a few minutes ago because we had a horrific thunderstorm this afternoon that knocked out my phone service from about 5:30 until 11:30. One of the worst I've ever experienced. Bad enough to knock off a circuit on one side of my house, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2005, 08:43:54 PM »

Today, after my brother left and I got the circuit breaker tripped to give me back power in my den, I watched the 10th Anniversary DVD of POCAHONTAS (beautiful transfer and the added song and scene is GREAT). Then, I watched APOLLO 13 (one of the best films of the 1990s), and then about half of HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN which I never tire of watching (though I still like CHAMBER OF SECRETS the best of the three which have been filmed thus far).

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2005, 08:46:23 PM »

Was kind of expecting ADVISE AND CONSENT and BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK today. If they come tomorrow, I'll watch at least one of them, though I do have a pick-up rehearsal tomorrow night, but it should only be a hour or 90 minutes at most.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2005, 08:52:56 PM »

;D

You must put up "laugh out loud " alerts!! I just laughed out  so loud that I startled the people sitting outside my office!!

I can't take credit for this one, DR Vixmom.  Someone else here coined Black Guy Pees this past weekend.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2005, 09:04:45 PM »

I can't take credit for this one, DR Vixmom.  Someone else here coined Black Guy Pees this past weekend.

'Twas I. ;)

I remember Anne Bancroft's interview on "The Rosie O'Donnell Show."  The segment had been recorded in the studio on a different day without the audience because she (Anne) said that she was horribly shy (a Once Upon a Matress reference).  She (Anne) was witty and engaging and just a wonderful interviewee (is that the correct spelling?).

The one story she told (that I can remember) was about when she and Mel first met.  She would go out with friends and by total coincidence, Mel would be happen to be wherever she was.  She said that it happened several times that they would just run into each other.  She later found out that it wasn't coincidence!  Mel would ask her friends where she would be each night and then pretend to just happen to show up.  He was very smitten with her very early on and they'd been together ever since!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2005, 09:07:19 PM »

It's very sad about Anne Bancroft.  She was a lovely and funny woman.  I enjoyed her work in just about everything she did that I saw, even Garbo Talks.  But my favorites are The Miracle Worker, The Graduate and The Turning Point.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2005, 09:11:49 PM »

Earlier, DR MB mentioned that Anne Bancroft made him think of Gorilla At Large.  I always thought that Mel Brooks should have made a sequel (starring his wife) entitled Son of Gorilla At Large.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2005, 09:14:27 PM »

Heading to Target to pick up the latest releases from Coldplay, The White Stripes and The Black Guy Pees.

;D You must put up "laugh out loud " alerts!! I just laughed out  so loud that I startled the people sitting outside my office!!

This is what I originally wrote on Sunday (Tony Awards® night):
And now for something completely different!  They (CBS) just had a commercial for David Letterman and one of the upcoming guests, the music group Black Eyed Peas...except that I thought that they said Black Guy Pees!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2005, 09:17:37 PM »

LOL!  I think you should trademark Black Guy Pees before someone else steals it, DR George.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2005, 09:20:44 PM »

Okay, here it is:

Black Guy Pees™
©2005 George P. Dougherty

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2005, 09:21:10 PM »

LOL!  I think you should trademark Black Guy Pees before someone else steals it, DR George.

I think there's a website for that...

:o

:-X

:o
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2005, 09:21:45 PM »

(I hope no one is offended!) ::)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2005, 09:24:10 PM »

(I hope no one is offended!) ::)

Eff 'em if they can't take a joke, DR George!
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2005, 09:27:07 PM »

Okay, here's an attempt to redeem myself.  Several months ago, I was in a show (all of four lines!) that was directed by Valerie, a friend of mine.  Afterwards, she sent me a thank you card.  Taking a cue from MBarnum who posts wonderful antique birthday cards, here is a scan of the card...to help make the world a little prettier!  It is a replica, not an original, but it's still quite lovely:

George

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2005, 09:27:55 PM »

Let me know if it's too big!

George

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2005, 09:28:46 PM »

(That's what my date said last night!) :o ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2005, 09:30:20 PM »

I just finished the filmed in Florida in 1964 musical nudie film SINDERELLA AND THE GOLDEN BRA. It was actually very entertaining!

I am now watching the THE LOST WORLD: ALIEN CONSPIRACY starring our own Rodzinski, along with a very cute gal named Ms. Debbie Rochen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »

I am soooo logey.  I ate some California Roll and some crackers for dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2005, 09:31:50 PM »

Now I am watching the Bullitt special features - the McQueen documentary, and a documentary on film editing, which is interesting and annoying at the same time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2005, 09:33:49 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from the show...

I had a wonderful time.  It's been two years since I've seen the show, even though I've listened to it countless times from the pit since then, but it's just not the same.

Fun! Fun! Fun! -That was three "Fun!s"

There were some new bits, and it's always fun watching what the ensemble comes up with during the "free-form" dance breaks.

...And I kept my eyes on that Chanel bag and the Louis Vuitton luggage during Tanya's entrance!  ;)

My buddy, Silvio, joined me tonight.  We met up for dinner beforehand with his boyfriend at some brewpub downtown.  The food was good, but I had one strange thing with my meal.  I ordered their Greek Lamb Salad.  Basically it's grilled lamb on top of salad greens, served with tzatziki sauce as the dressing.  Well, first the salad did not come with the dressing.  Second, when the dressing arrived...  Tzatziki is usually made up of yogurt, cucumbers and garlic.  Well, this "stuff" tasted like it was made with VANILLA yogurt.  Truly a taste "sensation".  I asked my tablemates to taste it to see what they thought, and they agreed it tasted like a mistake in the kitchen.  When the waiter finally came by - and he made sure we knew that he was having a bad day, grrrrr - I asked him if their tzatziki normally tastes like this.  That it tastes sweet, and like vanilla.  He just kept saying, "We make it with yogurt."  Ah, well...

The greens were good.  The grilled lamb and vegetable were good.  So...

I think I'm going to call their kitchen manager in the morning.

;)

BUT...

I had a wonderful time being an audience member tonight.

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2005, 09:44:54 PM »

Anne Bancroft... She will be missed, but she left a wonderful legacy.  And I have a feeling that Mel Brooks kept her smiling and laughing... and loved.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »

Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!

:D :D :D :D :D

EVERY DAY IS CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM DAY!!![/b][/size]

;D

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2005, 10:23:45 PM »

I have just listened again to the OBC of WEST SIDE STORY - I don't think I played the CD when I bought it - I love the soundtrack so much.

WOW!  I hang my head that I have taken this great score and this great recording for granted.    It is as fresh and exciting as the day it was captured on tape.  

Did Leonard Bernstein notate the percussion in the numbers - where to play, what rhythm, and what instrument - or did the orchestrator do that?  It is perfect! ;D

It really is a wonderful score and a wonderful recording.

Having examined some of Bernstein's manuscripts before... I'm suspecting that he could have very well have made annotations in his score to "guide" the orchestrator.  However, I also have a suspicion that Jerome Robbins might have had a hand too.

Anyone else?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2005, 10:25:49 PM »

YEAH!!!!!

I just happened to catch a friend of mine on-line right now...  I just IMed him to say HI...  And he IMed me back with the news that he just got hired to be the Music Director for the upcoming production of Elton John's LESTAT!!!

:)

-Of course, I made sure to let him know that I'll be in NYC by the time they open on Broadway next March.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2005, 10:28:53 PM »

And then there was the lady in Texas who's whose* three boys named their cattle ranch Focus, because it's where the sons raise meat.

_________________________________-

* Shame on me!

???

Do I need to read this one out loud too?

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2005, 10:31:21 PM »

Any excuse to look at Teri Hatcher is ok in my book.

Teri Hatcher was in "Lois & Clark"?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up