Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SALLY FORTH  (Read 18105 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SALLY FORTH
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2005, 04:37:42 PM »

DR Ron. I've only listened to "Piazza" once so far - and it sounds beautiful to me. Also have my first listen to "Spelling Bee" which was most enjoyable. "Spamalot" is fun. I've not listened to "Scoundrels" yet or to "Litte Women".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2005, 04:40:10 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Thanks for the continued update on DR ozderek.

As for the upcoming scaled-down version of Sunset Blvd., I'm wondering if it will be based on the scaled-down version that toured here in the U.S. a couple of years ago with Petula Clark and Lewis Cleale.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2005, 04:43:47 PM »

I'm back from rehearsal with Mr. Kevin Spirtas.  We finished singing through the second act, and I made one further order switch and now it all feels really good.  Then, my favorite part - we started staging the act.  We got three songs in and we'll continue tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2005, 04:46:13 PM »

I'd love to hear his work on your show.  I'm sure it's wonderful.  I thought he was robbed at this year's Tony Awards; LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA has interesting but too similar scoring;  Larry's work on SPAMALOT was smart, witty, and virtuosic.

I think it all comes down to the "feeling" of both shows.  Piazza is more rhapsodic, so the scoring lends itself to some "sameness" - which is a good thing in this instance.  However, I do have to agree that Larry Hochman did take advantage of all the various references and in-jokes in Spamalot.

OH!  But the harp writing in Piazza is quite wonderful.  And it's played on a real harp too! Not on a synth!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2005, 04:47:08 PM »

OK - I'm gonna head back into the hall and listen in for a bit...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2005, 04:48:19 PM »

More like an "Encores" I guess. The productions are staged simply but effectively. Last year's "Carousel" was wonderful.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2005, 04:54:46 PM »

I just spoke with Derek.  Thank you from him for all the wishes etc.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

Jose, don't forget to say hello to Emily Skinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2005, 04:55:26 PM »

In about forty-five minutes I shall be on my way to the Pasadena Playhouse to attend the opening night of Purlie.

Tomovoz

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2005, 05:01:42 PM »

Will someone walk you up the stairs BK?
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2005, 05:18:34 PM »

I now have some time to post.

I had a great visit in Virginia. I was there from Friday afternoon till Monday morning. I saw Forum 3 times (I'm a good husband). It was a lot of fun. Anthony was excellent as was Domina (Diane Pennington). Jose, Nick was great and oh, boy is he hot. He spent the show in a toga with his chest showing. Besides being hot, he's a genuinely nice person and I really enjoyed meeting him.

The accomodations are nice for a Virginia mountain town. The theatre owns a building in which they house the cast and crew. One floor has many rooms with a big common kitchen and a television/common room. If you're on that floor you get to share cupboard space, refrigerator space and kitchen duties including trash, loading the dishwasher and cleaning up the tables. It's all somewhat dorm/college-like but fun. If you've been there before or you know to ask, you try to get on the 3rd floor where the rooms are all suites with small kitchens and private bathrooms. Some of the rooms on the 2nd floor require the sharing of a bathroom and communal showers (sex-segregated). Anthony had one of the few rooms on the 2nd floor with a private bathroom.

There are no pictures right now because 1) there have been many pictures posted over the last few days and I don't want to clog the pipeline and 2) they are still on Anthony's camera. He won't be back until July 11 and then he has to get them off his camera and on to the computer so there will not be pictures for a while.

This is turning into an epic post so I shall stop and leave you all for a while.

More later (or tomorrow).

Ben

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2005, 05:19:07 PM »

Is this the Sheldon Epps directed Purlie which is supposed to be headed to Broadway?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2005, 05:24:46 PM »

Just heard (From OzDerek) that next month's production of "Sunset Boulevard" (4 performances only) which stars the wonderful Judi Connelli, will have David Campbell as Joe. Good news indeed.
I'll be interested in seeing this scaled down production having seen the fullscale London and Melbourne productions.

Can you sneak in a tape recorder? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2005, 05:37:37 PM »

Today was the first day of my summer History class. Oy. OY!

That about sums it up.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

Everything that's done anywhere is supposed to be headed to Broadway.  I don't believe there is any deal for Purlie to go anywhere at this point.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2005, 05:45:38 PM »

Just waiting for Miss Tammy Minoff to arrive so that we can sally forth to the Dena of Pasa.  We'll be supping after the show, as she couldn't get here early enough to do before.  I'm hoping it's not the full two-and-a-half hours that the PP website says it is, otherwise we're not out of there until after ten.

Danise

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »

Evening all.  I was having connect problems there for awhile so I couldn’t get on the board sooner.

I hope everyone had a very happy and safe holiday!  Judging from the amount of fireworks we had there sure were plenty of problem squirrels and birds this holiday weekend.  Wink, wink.

To explain, I don’t know about where you all are but around here, fireworks are illegal UNLESS you are using them to scare away problem animals.  You have to sign a paper that states that is reason you are buying them.  Soooo…. Isn’t it amazing how many people had the same problem and all at night as well?

I guess they were scaring the problems from one area to another.  Yeah, that sounds good.  

I was so very glad to read DR Oz Dericks post!  I hope this is a very sign of very good things to come!  

Continued vibes your way!

Great news about your trip to see Anthony, DR Ben.  I know you must miss him badly but he’ll be home soon.  

DR Elmore, by the time you read this the e-mail should be in your box.  

I enjoyed all of DR MBarnums pix, glad you had a nice time as well.  I have the same problem with picture taking.  I don’t mind.  I know I was there.  

And I loved the fireworks pictures from DearReaderLaura.  My camera has a firework setting but I haven’t used it.  Bear was to upset for me to go outside and try to use it.  In fact, until I saw your photos, I honestly forgot about it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »

It's also very nice to see DR Jane posting again.  You were missed very much.

But talking about the quick marriages and people falling in and out of love so fast.  My thought is that if you really wanted to be some kind of honest with your vows now days you should say:

“Till death do us part, I get bored with you or something better comes along, whichever happens first.”

Don’t feel rained on DR JRand.  I belong to the same bank.  
 :-\    ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:57:51 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2005, 06:17:38 PM »

I see Jed but not Ann.  Married? Welcome back.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »

But talking about the quick marriages and people falling in and out of love so fast.  My thought is that if you really wanted to be some kind of honest with your vows now days you should say:

“Till death do us part, I get bored with you or something better comes along, whichever happens first.”

How true DR Danise, how true! LOL!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »

I'm here with my friend showing her the site and how it works.  :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2005, 06:43:18 PM »

Hello DR Jane.  Card arrived for Derek today. I'll get it to him asap. He knows it's here. Thank you.
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

Yes, Tomovoz, we are back.  No, most certainly not married. :D  Our spontaneous little trek to Reno was quite fun.  Quite a bit of lovely area to drive through between here and there, including DR Jane's Ashland.  We particularly loved pretty much any stretch of road with a view of Mount Shasta.  Simply beautiful.

We saw a few fireworks here and there from the freeway as we were driving home last night, and luckily timed things so as to have stellar views of the Portland fireworks display as we drove through the city.  Traffic had come to a dead stop on the freeway due to fireworks gawkers, and we didn't mind at all being stuck in the mess with a fabulous view.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2005, 06:50:42 PM »

Now I need to get my map and check out the location of Mt Shasta. Once a teacher....
Good to hear the trip went well.
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2005, 06:57:30 PM »

We got a pretty good view of fireworks here as we were driving in a cab over the Triboro Bridge.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2005, 07:07:28 PM »

Just finished up yesterday's bbq chicken, along with some potatoes roasted in olive oil w/rosemary and garlic, and some marinated tomatoes.

Yum.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »

Jed was rather adamant about there "certainly not" having been a wedding in Reno.

And I was all ready to send congratulations and a crockpot!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2005, 07:13:15 PM »

It's back to work tomorrow.  Sigh.  Somehow I'll muddle through the rest of the work week.

On a positive note, DR Rodzinski will be pleased to know that I'll be doing dim sum with some co-workers at lunch tomorrow.

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2005, 07:14:27 PM »

DR Elmore would say "I Can't Do The Sum". He spends a lot of time in Toyland.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2005, 07:15:49 PM »

I'm still feeling really good vibes from my viewing, Friday, of "The War of the Worlds."

From what I've experienced in various forums, it's a "really loved it" or "vehemently hated it" split among moviegoers (at least, in film music circles)...with only a very few so-so reactions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up