Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HANDS ON THE CLOCK  (Read 25169 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE HANDS ON THE CLOCK
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2005, 02:44:58 PM »

Hello all just stopping for a quick visit . Thank you all for the "Vixter Vibes" they seem to be working, she  is down to a slight swelling of the lower eye lid and the portion from the cheekbone to the eye but the top of her eye and the rest of that sideof her face is just about back to normal... In fact she felt so much better she asked to go to church choir rehearsal from where I must collect her in 1/2 hour.  Now that the panic has subsided I wish I had thought to snap a picture!!  ;D

Jane,  thanks for the Danise update , I was wondering if I should call her at home  but I think I'll leave it a day and let her rest.

I am concerned, however,  that she may be in the path of this latest hurricane....it looks as if it's expected to go straight through her part of Florida. :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 02:48:18 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2005, 02:45:55 PM »

O!  Page Six... dare I suggest a dance to The Flight of the Bumblebee?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »

Good recovery vibes to DR DANISE.

Yes, thanks to DR RODZINSKI I have a copy of the BEAGLES music!  It is indeed very pleasant.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2005, 02:51:23 PM »

Hadn't bought any records in awhile, so I stopped by the neighborhood thrift shop to see if they had anything new, and they had a big haul.
-I got an LP by The Art of Noise, that I used to own.
-A Morricone Soundtrack to a film I never heard of, MALAMONDO
-An Enoch Light dance album that teaches the Frug, the Hully Gully, and others
-The cast LP to some odd cabaret show: "Julius Monk's Plaza 9 presents The New Post-Prandial Prank, DIME A DOZEN." Hard to tell just what it is, but it's two records recorded by Archie Bleyer on Cadence in 1963.
-Roly Daniels "Let's Fall In Love." I just liked this sentence on the back..."Roly Daniels, born in India in the 1940s, certainly couldn't have chosen a less likely place to launch a career in country music!"
-Since I like to own the most wobegone of movie and show LPs, I found some small-town theatre's cast recording of "Camelot" which looks like it is from 1967 or so.

Ben

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2005, 02:54:25 PM »

When Footlight was still a physical store they had a great selection of "cast" recordings from high schools and colleges and also industrial shows. I wish I had been able to pick some up during their "going out of physical business" sale.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2005, 02:54:38 PM »

Vibers for the Vixter.

I guess it's true what they say about Long Island being a real hornets' nest.

Ben

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2005, 02:55:31 PM »

We will be seeing Jason soon at Chelsea Clearview Cinemas, Where Dreams Come True (just don't drink and drag, this could happen to you). Tonight's selection is Vertigo

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2005, 02:57:29 PM »

TOD:  I remember a Bing Crosby LP with  "Swinging On A Star" on it, also "High Hopes" and "Mares eat Oats"

I had a Peter & The Wolf LP, and Bambi LP, Alvin & The Chipmunks Christmas  LP (my Dad still has that and plays it every Christmas) and the first 45 I bought with my very own money when I was 6 which was the Beatles "A Hard's Day Night" with "I Should Have Known Better" on the B side  

Later I had at least one King Family  LP, a Trini Lopez (what were my parents thinking?  That was a Christmas present for a 9 year old, I remember playing "Fever" over and over  until I figured out what he was talking about ) 101 Strings play Love Is Blue....

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2005, 02:58:42 PM »

Those industrial shows can be quite enjoyable. I have one that is from a LIFE magazine holiday or anniversary party or something. It's called "Life, A Revue." There are songs about how to attract more subscribers, songs about why magazines are better than TV, odes to Governor Rockefeller and other time capsule material.

They are fun because they were never intended to be heard outside of a certain group of people, and yet the effort put into some of them is substantial.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:00:49 PM by Rodzinski »

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2005, 02:59:03 PM »

Vibers for the Vixter.

I guess it's true what they say about Long Island being a real hornets' nest.

;D Suburbia... It ain't for sissies!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 02:59:55 PM by vixmom »

Michael

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2005, 03:02:25 PM »

Re: Alice In Wonderland

Favorite Trivia Question

Q: In Alice in Wonderland, who said, "I'm late. I'm late"?

A:  Alice. And she's just sick about it.
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2005, 03:02:40 PM »

Today I receoved  two copies of Beyond the Fringe which I found (due to bk's mention) on Amazon and then bought (at about 30% cheaper) at Deep Discount DVD thanks to MattH's mention of that site.

Thank you both!!  Now I have another present fpr the in-laws and one for vixdad.... I hope he doesn''t lurk here!!

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2005, 03:04:23 PM »

We will be seeing Jason soon at Chelsea Clearview Cinemas, Where Dreams Come True (just don't drink and drag, this could happen to you). Tonight's selection is Vertigo

Vertigo always makes me dizzy

:D

I hope you all have a lovely time!

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2005, 03:04:57 PM »

Well time to collectr the singing Vixter...laters!!

Michael

« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2005, 03:05:23 PM »

Wizard of Oz narrated by George Rose
Alice In Wonderland narrated by Cyril Ritchard
Gene Kelly had a kids album
Highlights from the Wizard of Oz (film)
Great Anthems from Around the World
Tchaikovsky  Nutcracker Suite
The Mikado

and I am sure there were others
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »

Jane,  thanks for the Danise update , I was wondering if I should call her at home  but I think I'll leave it a day and let her rest.

I am concerned, however,  that she may be in the path of this latest hurricane....it looks as if it's expected to go straight through her part of Florida. :P

She is also concerned about doing the work that is required to prepare for the hurricane.  

Glad the swelling has gone down. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2005, 03:27:58 PM »

Tomovoz is gone.  Without comment.  Possibly without even having seen any comments made by me about his "lurking" status.

Tomovoz was long gone before you appeared DR RLP. Sometimes names stay listed for oh so long.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2005, 03:32:48 PM »

Question for the movie guys:  Did Jean Simmons ever get thown to the lions in a movie? Partner Colin thought it was in "The Robe". It isn't. "Spartacus? Androcles?  
Yeah! I know it wasn't the "Lion in winter" or "Clarence the Crosseyed Lion" or "Born Free" or "The Young Lions"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:33:26 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2005, 03:35:04 PM »

Following are my favorite stores from our walking tour.

Russ & Daughters had There are at
179 E. Houston Street
great halvah and dried fruit.
http://russanddaughters.com  

Animazing Gallery
461 Broome Street.  
This is where I found my new jewelry. http://shopping.animazing.com  
The site shows art and all I noticed was the jewelry-LOL

Pasticceria Bruno - Bruno Bakery
245 Bleecker Street
This is the place where I found the delicious marzipan. http://www.brunobakery.com

Jose I did enjoy my thin gingerbread men.  I purchased several and snacked on them in my room, finishing the morning I left.  What bakery were they from?  All I know is they were next to the witch brownie place.

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2005, 03:37:15 PM »

TOTD:  DR Colin was (and still is) fond of "Sparky and The Magic Piano". Also Tubby the Tuba (To which I seem to have a resemblance these days).

I enjoyed "Peter, Paul & Mommy" and played it to my niece and nephew.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2005, 03:53:48 PM »

Question for the movie guys:  Did Jean Simmons ever get thown to the lions in a movie? Partner Colin thought it was in "The Robe". It isn't. "Spartacus? Androcles?  
Yeah! I know it wasn't the "Lion in winter" or "Clarence the Crosseyed Lion" or "Born Free" or "The Young Lions"

If not "The Robe" or "Spartacus" could it be Demetrius And The Gladiators, the sequel to Androcles?  I must admit a tendency for my memory to combine these movies, therefore I don’t trust said memory that says it is “Spartacus”.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2005, 03:53:53 PM »

I'm sort of surprised that some of you have said that you cannot get into LOST.  I wonder if it's because it's the type of show that you really have to invest in.  You cannot just watch one episode and get the full impact.

I think it takes some committment.  But like DR MattH, I think it's so worth it.  

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2005, 04:05:49 PM »

Jane - Thank you for the Danise update.  I'm concerned about her and DR Michael S as Hurricane Wilma approaches.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2005, 04:09:45 PM »

...Love to hear some opposing opinions to Batman Begins - then we can do our own version of Ebert and Roeper right here at haineshisway.com....
Der B just bought a copy.  Have no idea when we'll get to it, though.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2005, 04:11:30 PM »

Oh, you mean real lions.  I thought you were talking about critics.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2005, 04:12:49 PM »

Those industrial shows can be quite enjoyable. I have one that is from a LIFE magazine holiday or anniversary party or something. It's called "Life, A Revue." There are songs about how to attract more subscribers, songs about why magazines are better than TV, odes to Governor Rockefeller and other time capsule material.

They are fun because they were never intended to be heard outside of a certain group of people, and yet the effort put into some of them is substantial.

I have a couple of industrial musicals that I've never listened to.  One is a take-off on "All in the Family" ("All in the something Family."  I can't remember what the company was).  Another is a Listerine show with Loretta Swit (if I remember correctly).  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

If not "The Robe" or "Spartacus" could it be Demetrius And The Gladiators, the sequel to Androcles?  I must admit a tendency for my memory to combine these movies, therefore I don’t trust said memory that says it is “Spartacus”.
I only said it wasn't "The Robe". My questions were possibilities.

"Diana" is going on her way to be an Archery target at the end of "The Robe". Maybe she met Demetrius on the way.
I have them all confused too DR Jane. "D & the G" was a sequel to "The Robe".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2005, 04:24:17 PM »

Industrial Musicals. I have "Diesel Dazzle"(Heyer & Beebee) Detroit Diesel Engine Division General Motors Corportation.
1966  Hal Linden & Robert Kaye were in the cast as were Marie Lake and Bobbi Lange
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2005, 04:26:54 PM »

Back from visiting the El Portal and figuring out the logistics of our recording on Monday.  We then had a nice lunch, and I gave Vinnie a copy of Rewind, which he's looking forward to reading.  

Vinnie, who was a big Lost fan, absolutely hated last night's episode and thinks they're are near to ruining it.

FJL

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2005, 04:27:49 PM »

Michael S - So does that make "I'm up! I'm up!" an "Alice in Kritzerland" reference?

Hmm...Since the lead in Starfighter is named Alex, maybe we could devise an ad campaign around ALEX IN KRITZERLAND.   Or maybe not.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up