Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWEDISH NOTES  (Read 18678 times)

Michael

Re:THE SWEDISH NOTES
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2005, 01:06:10 PM »

I got such a deal at Costco #1

If you are a fan of Calvin and Hobbs the complete collection is available in a very heavy set of three volumes. List Price is $150.00. Costco was $80.99. It will be a gift from a friend of mine whose Birthday is on the 25th.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2005, 01:09:12 PM »

I got such a deal at Costco #2

The DVDs of Season 3 & 4 of the original Twilight Zone are available. Cost is $55,89 each. If you buy them together at they are on the same receipt you automatically get $25 Dollars off volume 4 which brings the price down to $30.89.

(The same goes if you buy Volume 1 and/or Volume 2 at the same time as Volume 4)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2005, 01:09:35 PM »

And it is soooooooooo humid out.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2005, 01:10:48 PM »

PAGE 4 Dance

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2005, 01:11:14 PM »

I am alone oh so alone :'(
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2005, 01:12:10 PM »

Okay this is Michael S's posting frenzy (an Alfred Hitchcock reference?) Haven't had one in a long time
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »

Took me a long time to read yesterday's posts, so I missed everyone - except you DR TOMovOZ!
It seems that I too had left the board DR JRand55.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2005, 02:21:30 PM »

I know at least 3 DR's who have Annette CD compilations they can listen to today!  Although at least one may be "in storage."
I shall play mine DR JRand55.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2005, 02:27:26 PM »

DR Jane. - I estimate Portland Oct 14/15. All that is certain is NY Sept 20th.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2005, 02:31:20 PM »

Annette's hits here in OZ:

Tall Paul
Oh Dio Mio
First Name Initial
How Will I know My Love

Train Of Love was outsold by Paul Anka's version (which was I think an Australia only release as a single).

You needed to know that - or have I jumped to conclusions. I do not believe that Marni Nixon was involved with any of Annette's recordings.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »

At least we will make 100!
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2005, 02:42:12 PM »

You needed to know that - or have I jumped to conclusions. I do not believe that Marni Nixon was involved with any of Annette's recordings.

True enough, mate!

But I have been hearing rumors that Marni Nixon may have dubbed the voice of Klinton Spilsbury in that 1980s bomb "The Legend of the Lone Ranger.."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2005, 02:42:44 PM »

The documentary on the SUPERMAN set is rudimentary at best. Nothing new is imparted, and it's pretty basic information already out there (John Hamilton used a script on his desk and pasted into newspapers and books; was upset when Jack Larson called him "John" instead of "Mr. Hamilton), etc.

Looked at a couple of episodes, and they looked just fine through there was some print damage on one of them. Haven't looked at any that have commentaries; I'll do that tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »

Ah, I love a good posting frenzy.

It's good for the soul.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2005, 02:44:38 PM »

I'm thinking of watching my Criterion laserdisc of "Singin' in the Rain" tonight.  I've heard that there is a terrific commentary on it by Ronald Haver.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »

After another SUPERMAN episode or three, I'm going to put in the laserdisc of ZIEGFELD FOLLIES. Got to talking about it this afternoon and decided I really wanted to see it again. However, I think I'll just watch the musical numbers and skip the comedy sequences.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2005, 02:46:30 PM »

It's a bit chilly here in Oakland today.

I think I'm soon going to put a log into the fireplace and take the chill off the living room.

I'm also quite hungry...haven't eaten yet today (except for a little cereal this a.m. at 10).  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

After another SUPERMAN episode or three, I'm going to put in the laserdisc of ZIEGFELD FOLLIES. Got to talking about it this afternoon and decided I really wanted to see it again. However, I think I'll just watch the musical numbers and skip the comedy sequences.

I generally watch Lucy taming the tigresses in "Bring on the Beautiful Girls," and then skip to "Limehouse Blues" and then "This Heart of Mine."

I've never found any of the so-called comedy sketches remotely funny.  I think it's a generational thing.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »

I'm thinking of watching my Criterion laserdisc of "Singin' in the Rain" tonight.  I've heard that there is a terrific commentary on it by Ronald Haver.

It is a fascinating commentary track; I heard it once and was most impressed with it. I wish I had that laserdisc. I could only afford the MGM issue of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN at the time laserdiscs were readily available.

I was sad Warners didn't license that commentary from Criterion when they did that mammoth edition of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN same years back. There is information there that real fans of the movie would really appreciate.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2005, 02:50:08 PM »

I generally watch Lucy taming the tigresses in "Bring on the Beautiful Girls," and then skip to "Limehouse Blues" and then "This Heart of Mine."

I've never found any of the so-called comedy sketches remotely funny.  I think it's a generational thing.

Red Skelton's bit is funny, but a studio audience that he could milk his reactions to always made it funnier. This was one of the routines he did for most of his performing career ("Guzzler's Gin").

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2005, 02:50:11 PM »

And in SUPERMAN'S SECRET Jimmy sees Clark nakey in the shower.  

That SHOW was happening!

Nakey?

Is that like the Hokey Pokey?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2005, 02:51:43 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, since the break was/is so long between shows, I decided to go ahead and take the Metro back to Dunn Loring after the matinee, and camp out here for a bit.  -I'll just drive back in for the evening show.  -Parking during the days downtown - especially on the weekends - is next to impossible... And since the garages charge a minimum of $28 for the day...  Finding parking later should be much eaiser.  In any case...

Just had my dinner, and now catching up and posting...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2005, 02:53:23 PM »

Michael S is in Boca Raton, FL. Roughly 20 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale and 25 south of West Palm Beach. I live approx. 8 miles inland from the coast.

Spent the afternoon buying supplies.
I hope that included various sizes of freezer baggies for your CD and memorabilia collections!!

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »

I guess it's lucky that Saturday evening TV is nothing but reruns or shows I have no interest in. It's a great time to get caught up on other things I want to watch.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2005, 02:54:40 PM »

DR Jane - I'm feeling much better.  I think my malaise was brought on by the suddenly cooler weather, as well as the strange schedule this week.

Over the next two weeks, I need to start "getting in shape" for Damn Yankees rehearsals since we will be going from 10-6, Tuesday-Sunday.  -Which means I need to be up by 8:00 in order to make it to rehearsal on time.  So...  I don't want to be in "shock" on the first day.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

I guess it's lucky that Saturday evening TV is nothing but reruns or shows I have no interest in. It's a great time to get caught up on other things I want to watch.

What other things could you possibly want to watch?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »

The trouble with children is that there are some who make an indelible impression on you when you first meet them -- and then you don't see them for years -- and when you finally do see them, they surprise you, shock you, impress you or disappoint you.

Some lose the magic they had.  Others increase their magic.

Life is full of such intrigues and mysteries.

And, of course, those who have been around them all those years haven't a clue about any of it!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 08:22:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2005, 02:58:55 PM »

My hunger pangs are calling me to the kitchen....

Ciao-ders..........

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2005, 03:10:23 PM »

What other things could you possibly want to watch?

;)

Lots of boxed sets of TV series I haven't even cracked the plastic on yet. My intentions are good, but then some single film comes in like BATMAN BEGINS or (this week) DARLING LILI, and the boxed sets take a back seat since they are much more time consuming to get through.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2005, 03:11:52 PM »

Topic of the day:  

I guess SAME TIME NEXT YEAR has become my all-time favorite in the two-actor-show genre.  I saw it when I was 16 and really didn't completely get it (some moral qualms even at that age), but over the years, I've come to really appreciate it.  

THE MYSTERY OF IRMA VEP is also a favorite.

Do we include shows where there's one tour-de-force performance and the second character is pretty much a foil for the other?  If so, then I'd include HAPPY DAYS, BARRYMORE and Q.E.D.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up