Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IF WISHES WERE HORSES  (Read 27695 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:IF WISHES WERE HORSES
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2006, 07:24:43 PM »

Just get your butt up here.  I've had no one to be mean to  since you and Barnum left town!  

I'm here...  Whipping boy, reporting for duty.

:o

:P

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »

I watched a great little movie the other night from Netflix -- ALL OVER THE GUY, a very sweet, semi-gay (okay, very gay) comedy.  Directed by Julie Davis, and staring Richard Ruccolo, Doris Roberts, Andrea Martin, and Dan Bucatinsky.  I really liked this movie.

DR TCB, I liked this film a lot; I'm a big fan of Adam Goldberg, and I thought Andrea Martin was wonderful as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »

I doubt that Michael Mann exists DR Jane.
Of course he may be a good friend of Jane Ashland or Jeff Portland.

LOL.  At first I thought you thought I believed that.  ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2006, 07:28:50 PM »

'night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2006, 07:29:05 PM »

DR Jose should be hitting the Lincoln Tunnel right about now. Good travel vibes to him...

Well... If you had posted that post about three hours later, DR Jason... Well...

;)

However, in retrospect, it was probably a good thing that I left as "late" as I did.  Had I hit the Lincoln Tunnel - or the George Washington Bridge - at 5:00, I probably would have sat there for a good hour in the rush hour traffic.  -And then there would have been the NJ Turnpike to deal with too at the time.  So...

It's all good.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2006, 07:30:28 PM »

I'm here...  Whipping boy, reporting for duty.

:o

:P

;D

I hoped you'd get in earlier so we could do something tonight, like dinner or a movie.  Perhaps tomorrow night?

I'm watching the Olympics ceremony.  Tasteless as the last one.  I had suppressed the last one with its pioneer history and dancing settlers, and this dredged it all up!  Who thinks up these spectacular all-dancing fiascos?  Who stages them?  I can't wait for the sports, though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:31:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2006, 07:32:15 PM »

DR TCB, I liked this film a lot; I'm a big fan of Adam Goldberg, and I thought Andrea Martin was wonderful as well.

Thank you, Larry, I thought maybe I was the lone ranger.  Adam Goldberg was quite delightful, and I have always enjoyed watching Mr. Ruccolo.

And Jose as for your comments:

"I'm here...  Whipping boy, reporting for duty."
[/u][/color]

Even I draw the line at some comments!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »

Thank you, Larry, I thought maybe I was the lone ranger.  Adam Goldberg was quite delightful, and I have always enjoyed watching Mr. Ruccolo.

[/u][/color]

It's a complicated relationship.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »

Apparently not!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2006, 07:39:30 PM »

Greetings from my new home!!!  Moving was well moving.  I still have some stuff at the old house.  But there is no hurry to get out and the movers got all the furniture and most of the boxes, I just sort of hit the wall and didn't get everything packed.  My handyman said he'd get a helper and move the rest for much less money. Can't beat that with a stick

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2006, 07:39:46 PM »

Now if i only had working hot water

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2006, 07:41:33 PM »

I am watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics - the music is all old disco tunes.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2006, 07:42:46 PM »

I'm up for snow now....of course we didn't have it for 6 weeks and then it snowed yesterday and today, but it was light last night and didn't get cold and windy and snowy until after they got all my furniture in.  So, it was fine and dandy

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2006, 07:43:04 PM »

That was rather a harsh comment from me, DR JMK, but it's theft.  Alex and Liz worked very hard on her arrangements, and Bruce as producer had his input on them as well.  I'm flattered that she likes their work, I'm proud of my involvement with them, but it's still theft.  She should hire you, or another arranger, to arrange some songs she'd like to sing for her, but transcribing Liz's charts, or another singers', is something I don't approve of, even though I have been equally guilty of the same crime in my work for various projects.  

When I was accompanying the students in Catholic University's Musical Theatre department, there was a lot of "theft" going on left and right.  Especially when it came to recital time.  Thankfully(?), my transcriptions skills are "slow", and I would never "steal" for my students.  If they wanted a particular arrangement, I would have them hire someone else to do the work and/or put them in touch with the proper people to request the arrangements - and request the proper permission for those arrangements.  -Or, I would come up with another arrangement just for them.  *DR Jason heard my arrangement of "On the Street Where You Live".  In any case...

One very resourceful young woman I worked with was able to contact many a pianist/musical director in NYC - Eric Stern, Patrick Vacariello, Bruce Coyle, Alex Rybeck, Christopher Marlowe (Nancy Lamott's pianist, who happens to be a CUA alumnus), etc.  Sometimes she was given permission - and the charts - and other times, she was kindly asked not to duplicate someone else's work.  And she even lucked out a few times when someone would give her a chart that didn't work for someone else.  I think she even worked out some free coachings too.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »

I am watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics - the music is all old disco tunes.  

I know.  that's as weird as the pageant was.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »

DR MBarnum - I also really enjoyed GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK. I highly recommend CAPOTE.  Philip Seymour Hoffman is just incredible. He really should win best actor for that performance.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »

The inspector man has come and left. Inspection went fine.

A heating guy came and picked up tubing and tools that he left behind.

The gas company man came and installed the meter.

Now two young guys are under the house hooking things up.

Shortly another heating man will arrive to show me how to use the new furnace.

Whew, that is a lot of guys coming and going in the last few days...what must the neighbors think.

Umm...  Other DRs beat me to the responses I was coming up with...

You snooze, you looze.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »

I know.  that's as weird as the pageant was.

I skipped the pageant after watching a few minutes of it.  I was going to take a nice hot bubble bath, but alas no hot water, so I took a very short almost luke warm bath. Since the plumbers have been here 5 different days in the last 10 days, I am calling them again tomorrow to see why I had hot water until the guy who screwed a number of things up was here last.

Oh, my favorite plumber line of the week...."I got the hot water to quit dripping in the shower, but you can never turn on the hot water in there again"  Where do they find these people?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:50:48 PM by Cillaliz »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »

Last night we watched CAPTURING THE FRIEDMAN’S.  This documentary of the family is just as gripping, frustrating and sad as any good crime show.  I kept waiting for the team from IN JUSTICE to sort out the truth for us.  

Vixmom and other New Yorkers do you remember this case and the family?

Ben, at the end of the film it’s mentioned that David Friedman is the number one clown in New York.  Does Anthony know him?

...I still remember how "freaked out" I got when I heard the "Fresh Air" interview with Susan Orlean a few years ago.  Ms. Orlean had written a story about the Friedmans - I believe it first appeared in "The New Yorker".  Stranger and sadder than any fiction.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »

[/u][/color]

Well... That was actually my second - or third possible response... Then I remembered that this was a family site.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »

...I still remember how "freaked out" I got when I heard the "Fresh Air" interview with Susan Orlean a few years ago.  Ms. Orlean had written a story about the Friedmans - I believe it first appeared in "The New Yorker".  Stranger and sadder than any fiction.

I saw that a year or so ago. It is very gripping.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

Well, more like an "arrangement" or a "transaction".

:-X
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2006, 07:59:23 PM »

When they got to Botticelli's Venus on the half shell, I would have preferred Bette Midler had jumped out.  At the news of "more drama to come," I decided it was time to turn it off, and now there's this strange man in red and blue doing something "modern."  Basta!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2006, 08:00:11 PM »

Well, more like an "arrangement" or a "transaction".

:-X

Huh??????

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2006, 08:01:02 PM »

Is there some unspoken contest to be the weirdest opening ceremony ever? This one is in the running

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2006, 08:01:26 PM »

I hoped you'd get in earlier so we could do something tonight, like dinner or a movie.  Perhaps tomorrow night?

Perhaps.  I really want to get my room in order tomorrow - things stowed away, shelving assembled, things put on those shelves, etc.  I'll give you a call once I'm done with my work here - and playing in the snow.

:)

-And I'll be here all week, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »

When they got to Botticelli's Venus on the half shell, I would have preferred Bette Midler had jumped out.  At the news of "more drama to come," I decided it was time to turn it off, and now there's this strange man in red and blue doing something "modern."  Basta!

Oh but Elmore you missed the guy in the Formula One Ferrari doing donuts and burning rubber....no lie! LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »

The cats are pretty funny here. They sneak off and check things out, then run to me and want me to pet them, they head off on more expeditions.  I think they will love it here once they get used to it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »

I've also been scratching my head a few times during the Opening Ceremonies...

???

And what was the deal with the disco tunes during the Parade of Nations?  Is American Disco making comeback in Italy?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2006, 08:06:20 PM »

The cats do not like the hard wood floors. I put down a couple throw rugs and they are much happier. I only need 2 more area rugs and there is a sale going on...think I'll head out shopping with my tax refund tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up