Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAGGADOCIO  (Read 35337 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:BRAGGADOCIO
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »

And I have to say I couldn't have found a better group of people to post with.

I belonged to another board (that shall be nameless )where the fighting and spats still go on to this day.  

I've totally stopped posting there because every time I had 2nd thoughts and went back, I honestly couldn't find anything to post about and I didn't want to fight.

I look in on them from time to time and just gasp at some of the posts I see.

I am down to a few soap boards and they I am posting less and less on. However, I do enjoy a few people and we correspond or chat...

This is a fun board... I felt strange at first jumping in since I am a soapfan and Matt Ashford fan, I was not sure if I would be accepted.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2006, 08:00:16 PM »

And you have weathered teh storm admirably

Not really.  Danise was in perfect health before she found us.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »

Page 11 dance
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »

re: FRANCES mentioned earlier today.

DR JMK and I both feel the same way about that work of FICTION.  In fact it is worse to me than Carroll's HARLOW because it made so many claims as to being the "true" story....or based on such.

You could find a bit of truth here and there....and Lange looked liked Frances, though she didn't sound like her at ALL!

Oh well.....

DRJRand55, all film and dramatic bios are fiction!  No one's life is so perfectly plotted.  I loved AMADEUS, but reading this new Mozart book points up how false so much of the play and film is.  It's the writer's fantasy about the life of a genius and a colloquoy on the nature of how talents are distributed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:16 PM »

I wondered if you were Norsk... The Birkelands in ND are also Norwegian.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:46 PM »

THere ya go Danise, you can blame TCB for your troubles!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2006, 08:03:34 PM »

And I have to say I couldn't have found a better group of people to post with.

You chose good, DR Danise!  We're lucky to have you around.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2006, 08:03:57 PM »

It's the rays from the monitor.  Remember  being told "Don't sit in front of the TV because of the radation?"  And now we sit in with them at eye level and post till we're going blind! :D ;D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »

DR.ELmore if you are interested, I could send you the longest Anti Days/Passions writer rant you have ever seen... It was politely written....

I wanted to say some less than flattering things but I minded my manners...

Danise

« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »

I am down to a few soap boards and they I am posting less and less on. However, I do enjoy a few people and we correspond or chat...

This is a fun board... I felt strange at first jumping in since I am a soapfan and Matt Ashford fan, I was not sure if I would be accepted.

No worries with this group.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:15 PM »

True, DR ELMORE....true....but nobody ever claimed (falsely) that Mozart had a lobotomy.  

I guess FRANCES just strikes close to home for me because the woman had enough trouble without being subjected to such *&*^ when she couldn't defend herself....

But as you say....ALL film and dramatic bios are fiction....I doubt we would believe much of the truth...because it IS after all stranger than....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2006, 08:06:55 PM »

I'm the lucky one.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:48 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT - of course DARK SHADOWS and GENERAL HOSPITAL were my two stories - many years ago...and THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS is probably the only one I watch now and then....

BUT I do have on tape the last 5 shows broadcast of my nearly all time favorite THE EDGE OF NIGHT from sometime in the 1980's....  When I watched it again a few years ago, it was like seeing a group of old friends...  My soap styles - acting, writing, sets, costumes, music - have certainly changed...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2006, 08:08:13 PM »

YES DR DANISE....we are lucky you chose us.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

It's the rays from the monitor.  Remember  being told "Don't sit in front of the TV because of the radation?"  And now we sit in with them at eye level and post till we're going blind! :D ;D

yep!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »

MR BK hasn't said what he is teaching tomorrow....inspiration for the class or the short story must have stricken him....that or hunger.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:35 PM »

Thanks for posting that lovely photo of Miss Allison Hayes, DRMBARNUM.

Today, March 6, is indeed her birthday.  She would have been 76 today.  And although you can't tell it from that still - in WOLF DOG she plays a faithful wife and mother of a young son.

Happy Birthday, Allison!

Refresh my memory please, DR JRand. How and when did she die?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:47 PM »

I just watched the video of SWEENEY TODD...what a terrific show.  I saw Skip Harris listed in the ensemble...is THIS the Skip that DR FJL knows so well?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2006, 08:10:17 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT - of course DARK SHADOWS and GENERAL HOSPITAL were my two stories - many years ago...and THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS is probably the only one I watch now and then....

BUT I do have on tape the last 5 shows broadcast of my nearly all time favorite THE EDGE OF NIGHT from sometime in the 1980's....  When I watched it again a few years ago, it was like seeing a group of old friends...  My soap styles - acting, writing, sets, costumes, music - have certainly changed...
[/quote}

1992 was the turning point for Days...

I love the classic stuff...

Would you be willing to every share the EON tape?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »

True, DR ELMORE....true....but nobody ever claimed (falsely) that Mozart had a lobotomy.  

I guess FRANCES just strikes close to home for me because the woman had enough trouble without being subjected to such *&*^ when she couldn't defend herself....

But as you say....ALL film and dramatic bios are fiction....I doubt we would believe much of the truth...because it IS after all stranger than....

No, but AMADEUS did falsely claim that Salieri was behind his death, envied him, and wanted him dead, all rumor.  I never saw a single Frances Farmer bio on film but one of ther bios claimed she had a lobotomy; it's part of our cultural mythology by now.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:07 PM »

Some of these are a LOT older then that.    The tapes of the plays were from circa 1990.

The cool thing is with some software I bought, I can now make stills of anything I record.  That was another thing I was testing today with those pictures of me.  It worked pretty good.  

My collection of videotapes goes back to when I bought my first VCR--January, 1983.  The very first thing I taped in full was RSC's NICHOLAS NICKLEBY.

DR Danise--those pictures were from video captures?  Wow--they are so clear!  I would have thought they were actual photographs.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

DR.ELmore if you are interested, I could send you the longest Anti Days/Passions writer rant you have ever seen... It was politely written....

I wanted to say some less than flattering things but I minded my manners...

Thank you, but no thanks!  I hate the stupidity of both shows but I refuse to get dragged into the maelstrom!

Danise

« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:50 PM »

Oh don't get JRand and I started on Dark Shardows! We're both BIG fans!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »

Actually, here I am...squeezed to perfection. ;D

LOL! DR George, you gave me my biggest laugh of the day. Thank you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »

Oh don't get JRand and I started on Dark Shardows! We're both BIG fans!

I liked that show!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2006, 08:14:55 PM »

I just watched the video of SWEENEY TODD...what a terrific show.  I saw Skip Harris listed in the ensemble...is THIS the Skip that DR FJL knows so well?

No.  DR FJL's Skip is Skip Kennon, gentleman, scholar and musician.  He wrote the music for THE LAST STARFIGHTER.  Skip and DR FJL are the Walter and Jean Kerr of the millenium.  Oy!  I'll never hear the end of that.

Danise

« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

DR Danise--those pictures were from video captures?  Wow--they are so clear!  I would have thought they were actual photographs.
 Yes they were.  First duped from the tape on to the DVD and then captured using computer software.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

I like the new avatar, DR TCB, but it feels strange to have a new one up that I didn't help screw up!  :D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »

Well, can I just do it until I need glasses?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »

I liked that show!

Did you ever go to the DS cons?  I met Jonathan Frid at one of them.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up