Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PITH HELMET  (Read 20095 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE PITH HELMET
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2006, 06:46:05 PM »

Ah, but Giles and Buffy had a good laugh about it when he returned from England for the season finale.  
"Ah, that would explain a lot," I believe was his line.

I hadn't remembered that bit...ibut that sounds like Giles, all right!

:D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:49:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »

Der Brucer enjoys Japanese food more than he does Chinese, or so he says.  The whole teppan steak thing is a turn-off, far too much show biz and not that good as food, but we both enjoy sushi, along with many other items that can be found in a good bento box.

One dish I wish we could find in a good restaurant in these parts is sukiyaki, a braised beef dish.  It's a bit too complex to make for the two of us at home, but it's quite yummilicious when done well.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2006, 06:58:37 PM »

Wrote another page.  Took a one mile jog (and got three funny little ideas for the pages I've written, which I implemented immediately).  Now to watch a DVD.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2006, 06:59:25 PM »

Time to get dinner going...yes, we're eating late again tonight.  Venison steak, baked potatoes, and roasted beets.  A tried and true combination.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2006, 07:02:28 PM »

As for PEPPER DENNIS, it had a very inauspicious debut on Tuesday night earning about 2 million fewer viewers than SUPERNATURAL used to garner in that time slot. Unless it improves quickly, don't expect it to be around another season.

Another season!  We didn't make it through the opening scene. ;D

Jane

« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »

Good health vibes to TCB and Cillaliz’s mother.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2006, 07:27:51 PM »

AND a simple strand of pearls!

Well that's understood!  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »

Watching EDWARD, MY SON with Deborah Kerr and Spencer Tracy.

Haven't seen it before.....quite good.  Is there anything Deborah couldn't do well?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2006, 07:29:44 PM »

Good vibes to DR CILLA LIZ's mater.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »

My first dog was a doxie mix and I had two Siamese cats at one time: Smokey and Mr. Chang.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »

On the other hand, and I know this will make MBarnum and others happy - our very own Seattle gal, Miss Jessica Skerritt, has moved to LA and we'll be meeting tomorrow after I do a little vocal session with Mr. Guy Haines.

Oh my golly, that is so wonderful!! BK I know you will adore her! She is talented and so, so cute! I am as proud as if she were my own daughter! LOL!

Do tell her how happy I am that she made the move to Los Angeles...she will remember me as the slighty tipsy gay guy in Seattle who told her she looked just like one of those cute dancers from those 1930s Busby Berkeley musicals and then later kept bugging her to contact an old Jew in LA!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2006, 07:34:11 PM »

Vibes to CillaLiz's mum!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2006, 07:38:29 PM »

Vibes to the ailing parents of HHWers!

Jane

« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2006, 07:45:18 PM »

Love teriyaki and tempura.

I can’t think of any movies that haven’t been mentioned.  I know there are some, including a few animated films I watched with Bryan.

Bruce and Penny, mustn’t leave out the Hami High gym teacher, Saito (don’t remember his first name).

Jane

« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2006, 07:45:44 PM »

'night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »

I am at work right now but this weekend I will be working devilishly on a paper that is due the 20th... 15 to 20 pages and that does nto include abstracts or bib page....

sigh......

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »

Our dear friend, Mr. Richard Valley, publisher of Scarlet Street magazine, has been very ill so why don't we all send him most excellent vibes and xylophones for a quick recovery!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »

Does anyone read french and understand it well enough to interpret what I am reading?

I can read some but my interpretation is shaky

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »

Get well vibes to the dear Mr. Richard Valley!!! Get well soon!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2006, 08:20:49 PM »

I started my evening with a MURDER SHE WROTE rerun. This one featured Florence Henderson playing a Tammy Wynette country singer with Jimmy Dean (of sausage fame) as her husband. I remembered the episode from having seen it several times over the years, but Florence's country accent was so much fun I just had to watch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »

Another season!  We didn't make it through the opening scene. ;D

Didn't look appealing to me at all so that's why I didn't attempt to record it. I saw during SMALLVILLE tonight that WB is rerunning the PEPPER DENNIS pilot on Sunday night, and they called it "the hit drama." Wishful thinking.

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2006, 08:26:12 PM »

SMALLVILLE had a FLATLINERS-inspired story tonight.

spoiler - - - - - - -

But someone tell me how an ordinary hypodermic needle can penetrate Clark Kent's skin inorder to inject him with a serum to cause him to flatline. (I understand the meteor rock serum could cause his death, too, but don't see how it could be injected).

Despite that, I thought the scene with Clark and his father was very touching and beautifully acted by Tom Welling and John Schneider.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:27:17 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »

SUPERNATURAL was pretty entertaining, too,

spoiler - - - - - - -

though I guessed the identity of the "witch" pretty easily and wasn't fooled by the red herring.

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »

Since WITHOUT A TRACE was a rerun, I watched CSI during the 10 p.m. hour. No George Eads or Jorja Fox, so it was playing catch up with me throughout. OK case but not one of the show's strongest episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2006, 08:32:50 PM »

And then finished the evening with WILL & GRACE. There were some excellent lines, always great to see Eileen Brennan on the show, and was quite caught up in the drama of the Will/Dad situation. My, they're pulling some surprises out of the bag after all for these last few episodes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2006, 08:38:26 PM »

And then finished the evening with WILL & GRACE. There were some excellent lines, always great to see Eileen Brennan on the show, and was quite caught up in the drama of the Will/Dad situation. My, they're pulling some surprises out of the bag after all for these last few episodes.

Eileen Brennan is a hoot to watch!

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »

I looked it up. In its last episode in the Tuesday night slot, THE AMAZING RACE scored a 5.6 rating and a 9 share. That's about 8 million viewers.

In the Wednesday 8 p.m. slot, it scored a 5.0 rating and an 8 share, with about 7.2 million viewers.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2006, 08:45:26 PM »

Well, I got less than 7 hours of sleep last night, so I'm going to head for bed slightly earlier tonight. Big day tomorrow driving a fair distance to see a friend in a play. I don't want to fall asleep driving home afterward.

Good night!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2006, 08:47:49 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HEALTHY VIBES TO RICHARD VALLEY!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »

The band rehearsal went very well, for the most part.  alas, ne number needs an overhaul so I've cleared my schedule for tomorrow to do what magic I can.  Let's all pray for a miracle.

And now, good night, dear friends!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up