Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UP TO PAR  (Read 23090 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:UP TO PAR
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »

I may venture out to the Jacuzzi.  Didn't go to the Ray Courts show - drove around instead.  Weird day, really.  I wrote a couple of pages - did about seven all told since Friday - slow going, but that's how it is beginning a new act and all.  Took just as long beginning act one.  I do know the next two things that happen, though, so that should enable me to write four or five pages tomorrow.  If I do that, then I'm just about twenty-five pages from finishing.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »

I'm having a lazy day.

MBarnum

« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2006, 07:49:45 PM »

I had a productive day.....but now shall have a lazy evening!

I am pooped and so is Dog Bosco.

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, I actually really like our SuperWalmart...they have nifty items and good prices...oh, and those $1 DVDs! I bought two today which made the trip worthwhile.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2006, 08:14:17 PM »

I have a 24 year old microwave, so I bake a potato for 12 minutes. The size of the potato certainly matters but so does the "wattage" of the microwaves. They're more powerful now than mine is.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »

Finished PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and also watched the featurette on the making of the miniseries. It only hits the high spots, and only a very three of the actors are interviewed at all, but I'm glad it's in the package.

I think what makes the story and this telling of it so special is that we're appalled by Mr. D'Arcy just as Elizabeth is at the beginning, and as the story unfolds, we fall in love with him as she does, so that by the time she sits at the piano at his estate and sings while he looks at her with love and tenderness in his eyes, we know he's the one.

Amazing that Colin Firth turned down the part when it was first offered. He had to be convinced he was right for it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2006, 08:19:48 PM »

Funny the difference of 250 miles: It is 63 here in Fargo and it is snowing in Minot!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2006, 08:20:01 PM »

I very much enjoyed COLD CASE tonight, a sad story of mother and child abuse and abandonment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, I actually really like our SuperWalmart...they have nifty items and good prices...oh, and those $1 DVDs! I bought two today which made the trip worthwhile.

That is nice but due to an incident I experienced I refuse to do business with a firm that treats those with disabilities poorly.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

LAW & ORDER: CI had a voodoo case tonight, the second or third time this season one of the shows which I watch has used that religion as a jumping off point for a story.

This plot was pretty intricate and engrossing.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2006, 08:22:56 PM »

And CROSSING JORDAN had some monumental events happening with several characters in addition to a couple of crime dramas playing themselves out. These are definitely setting up some fascinating cliffhangers for the season finale in a few weeks.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2006, 08:23:28 PM »

And I'll have tonight's THE SOPRANOS to watch at some point tomorrow.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2006, 08:33:01 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2006, 09:14:58 PM »

Got less than 7 hours of sleep last night, so I'm off to bed now.

Good night, all!

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2006, 09:31:15 PM »

Hey, I didn't know they still made that!! Dog Bosco will be mighty pleased!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2006, 09:49:27 PM »

Well, I had better get to bed.  I see the second surgeon in the morning (for more bad news).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2006, 09:54:17 PM »

Well, I had better get to bed.  I see the second surgeon in the morning (for more bad news).

I send good news vibes your way TCB!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »

Hello, fellow Dear Readers. We are home from our whirlwind birthday trip. I will let DR Sandra post about her adventures. They are not your typical Vegas tourist adventures, of course.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vibes to TCB for good news tomorrow!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2006, 10:18:25 PM »

A four and a half hour bridal shower... that's 4 1/2 hours. Forty women - oy the din! Needless to say, I didn't do anything else today - got back to the loft - and silence... read quietly... now I'm gonna go to bed. niteynite.
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

Good vibes for tomorrow TCB!
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2006, 10:26:09 PM »

Vibes to TCB!!!!

FJL

« Reply #202 on: April 23, 2006, 10:30:47 PM »

I'm trying to plan a visit to San Diego/La Jolla in a few weeks, and was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in any of the Marriott Residence Inns, not necessarily the one in La Jolla but any of that chain.  (It's about $50 more a night than the nearby Del-Mar Inn, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.)  

FJL

« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2006, 10:34:46 PM »

Have I already mentioned the time I was at a table right next to the great actor Philip Bosco's table at the Westway Diner, and (I swear) the waiter brought him a glass of milk with chocolate syrup in it.  The temptation to ask whether it was Bosco chocolate syrup was strong, but I resisted.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2006, 10:44:01 PM »

Hello, fellow Dear Readers. We are home from our whirlwind birthday trip. I will let DR Sandra post about her adventures. They are not your typical Vegas tourist adventures, of course.

DR Laura, I am glad you safely returned and you had a fun time. I look forward to reading Sandra's adventures.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:46 PM »

Has anyone seen Unter Solen?

I have never seen Unter Solen.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2006, 11:20:17 PM »

They just reported on the local news that the average price of gas here in Olympia is $2.90!  They say that if you go to www.gasbuddy.com, you might be able to find cheaper gas in your very own neighborhood!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2006, 11:23:04 PM »

I have never seen Unter Solen.

It is a movie from Norway. The English titile is "Under the Sun". It is rather interesting.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2006, 11:23:43 PM »

They just reported on the local news that the average price of gas here in Olympia is $2.90!  They say that if you go to www.gasbuddy.com, you might be able to find cheaper gas in your very own neighborhood!

We are sitting at 2.79 here

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2006, 11:27:08 PM »

I seem to have missed a few birthdays and the opportunity to send well wishes.  May all and the sundried who have had birthdays and need healing and good luck vibes be in receipt of the best wishes that OZland can offer.

I have been busy being host to OzDerek's sister Maureen who still has many roads to cross.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up