Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UP TO PAR  (Read 23237 times)

Ben

Re:UP TO PAR
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »

Rodzinski and I were surfing at the same time because I caught the same M*A*S*H episode. There is very little on Sunday afternoon television in the wider NY market but sometimes on Sunday I'll catch MASH. I came in just before the scene in the "hospital" where Gary Burghoff and MacLean Stevenson are talking. There was a rumor that a cease-fire had been signed and the unit was getting ready to go home. Cut to post-op and there is Mr. Kimmel on a cot under an army green blanket looking as young as ever. Then if you looked quickly you saw him sitting in a wheelchair at the big celebration for the cease-fire. After the party starts a man comes in with the news that there is no cease-fire. You don't see Mr. K. any more after that but he did get credit. I can't remember his rank but I think his character name was Gilbert. It was in 1973. Wow! What unexpected fun.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »

I bet that was a riot to see....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2006, 03:51:01 PM »

Dog Bosco and I have been out doing yard work all day...it is such a beautiful weekend!! Just returned from the SuperWalmart where I headed in order to buy a bag of potting soil...sometimes shopping in Walmart makes one feel as though they are in the middle of DELIVERANCE.

It was very scary in there!

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »

And Rod, the shirtless neighbor man  ;D, came over to meet Bosco. They hit it off nicely.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2006, 03:52:58 PM »

Now to finish my Bollywood movie from last night and then continue yard work.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »

Dog Bosco and I have been out doing yard work all day...it is such a beautiful weekend!! Just returned from the SuperWalmart where I headed in order to buy a bag of potting soil...sometimes shopping in Walmart makes one feel as though they are in the middle of DELIVERANCE.

It was very scary in there!

I can believe that...

I refuse to shop walmart/Superwalmart.  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2006, 04:25:52 PM »

I'm back!  It's been a long day with Toyland and family, and I'm ready to chill out for the remainder of the evening.

The problem with dramatic films about a person's life is that most lives aren't arranged dramatically enough.  June Havoc can certainly be angry about her portrayal in GYPSY but my memory is that it's close to the story Havoc charts in her EARLY HAVOC bio; both books omit Mama Rose's lesbianism as well as June's, although it's my memory June brought the subject up in her later bio (about Mom, not June).  Harper Lee can state that events are fictionalized and that's fine.  what I object to in a film like JFK is making the clear villain in the actual facts of the Clay Shaw trial into the film's moral center.  Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

And do you know how to pluck and clean a bird?

der Brucer

Yup, go to the grocery store and pluck up the chicken that looks best to me at the moment!

I am totally stuffed with chicken and home made potato salad.....hmmm

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »

Looking forward to see who wins The Next Food Network Star. They are replaying all the shows and then will lead up to the big finale tonight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »

Yup, go to the grocery store and pluck up the chicken that looks best to me at the moment!

I am totally stuffed with chicken and home made potato salad.....hmmm

I like that plan also Cilla!!

I have done the other way and it is not as appealing....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »

Planned for dinner tonight:

Venison medalions, with perhaps a splash of pommegranite molasses.

Home fries.

Salad (with avocado, beets, and marinated mushrooms).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2006, 04:42:01 PM »

Planned for dinner tonight:

Venison medalions, with perhaps a splash of pommegranite molasses.

Home fries.

Salad (with avocado, beets, and marinated mushrooms).

sounds fabulous.  They just used pomegranate molasses in one of the recipes on the show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »

Don't forget the eldest two: Marty and Mikey

der Brucer

I thought Woody and derBrucer were the eldest!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »

Only eight hundred and fifty posts until we achieve our new and unbelievable plateau.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2006, 05:46:13 PM »

LOL-enough time has not passed, FLIGHTPLAN is third on our NetFlix queue.  

I should probably read the explanation now, if the film is truly horrendous we might shut it off before the ending.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »

Flightplan was pretty awful in just about every way, save for Jodie Foster's always professional performance.  It's screenwriting 101, and unfortunately it puts actors in a very bad light because they're forced to play the ineptitude of the screenwriting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »

You know, if we had a quorum, I might have opened the chat room.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2006, 05:52:52 PM »

I'm microwaving a baked potato - how long should it take?  I set the cook time for ten minutes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »

I'm microwaving a baked potato - how long should it take?  I set the cook time for ten minutes.

depends on the size... Usually takes 5 to 8 minutes for me and I have a small microwave.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2006, 06:01:24 PM »

I think spring fever is fully entrenched.... Just busted a little while ago an uncomfortable scene...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 06:02:41 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2006, 06:02:16 PM »

Flightplan was pretty awful in just about every way, save for Jodie Foster's always professional performance.  It's screenwriting 101, and unfortunately it puts actors in a very bad light because they're forced to play the ineptitude of the screenwriting.

I saw that movie a few weeks back and was not impressed. Horrible writing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2006, 06:03:13 PM »

Has anyone seen Unter Solen?

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2006, 06:06:06 PM »

We had a fabulous weekend weather-wise, alas, the clouds are rolling in and it's going to get cold and rainy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2006, 06:23:04 PM »

We had a fabulous weekend weather-wise, alas, the clouds are rolling in and it's going to get cold and rainy.

We have had a gorgeous weekend here also... I actually went for a walk yesterday and attended a powwow. Glorious!

Ironic, it was snowing in Northwestern ND today and we have temps in the 70s...

Jane

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »

We adopted him from the local Dalmatian Resucue group, which, by the way, is shunned by the Dalmatian Society of America: they fele all deaf dogs are defective and should be euthanized; any rescue group that seeks to find them homes is anathema. Talk about elitism!

I tend to forget how striking his markings are.  It was also fun to see the blonds again.

There is a Bernese Mountain Dog rescue society & they even rescue dogs from Puppy Mills.  Good breeder should find homes for these dogs & make sure they can’t reproduce.  Then they should not breed the dogs that produce “problem” children.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2006, 06:51:43 PM »

I miss Little Sambo.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2006, 06:56:09 PM »

Rodzinski and TPunk-thank you for the belated wishes.

Jose CONGRATULATINS!  When do we get baby photos?  I bet Emily is a doll.

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »

Whew!  I've packed to the extent that I can until tomorrow morning.  In the process, I've also been switching winter for summer clothes - that's a guarantee that it'll turn cold  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »

While I was packing, DS Rob said to me, "Off to New York again, huh?"  HA - don't I wish!  When I get back from this Columbus/Cleveland road trip, I'll buckle down and make some NYC arrangements for October.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

Whew!  I've packed to the extent that I can until tomorrow morning.  In the process, I've also been switching winter for summer clothes - that's a guarantee that it'll turn cold  ;)

Yes Ginny, that always seems to happen!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up