Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PROFOUND PROFUNDITY  (Read 43959 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PROFOUND PROFUNDITY
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2004, 04:19:36 PM »

The karma-taker has left the room.  

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2004, 04:23:30 PM »

For example, when my seventy-one karma points went down to seventy while I was reading posts, all I had to do was look at who was on the board - from there is was quite simple to figure things out (I didn't need to do that, but it was fun).
Having seen Hitchcock's THE WRONG MAN several times, I must ask... Couldn't you in this way - if I'm understanding you correctly, all you have is circumstantial evidence and a hunch - accuse the wrong person of stealing karma? And once this is set into motion, his/her significant other could have a nervous breakdown and all hell could break loose.... Just asking.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2004, 04:26:15 PM »

True, it's but six nights a year, but the L.A. Conservancy has to turn away numerous would-be ticket buyers for their "Last Remaining Seats" series each spring.  Year after year, they sell out these events, which feature classic motion picture entertainments screened at several of the gorgeous--and large--and single screen--movie palaces on Broadway in downtown L.A.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #243 on: January 14, 2004, 04:30:14 PM »

Light blue 100% cotton oxford cloth button-down shirt, 100% lambswool navy sleeveless v-neck sweater vest, 100% cotton denim bluejeans (blue, obviously), 100% cotton white t-shirt, boxers and socks and black lace-up shoes.

And a grin, because, ya know, you're never fully dressed without a smile.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 04:47:38 PM by Jay »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2004, 04:32:13 PM »

Panni, no, I don't think I could have been mistaken - I simply looked at the names and knowing each and every name on there quite well it was quite simple to boil it down to the one person who would have done it, and to even figure out the reason for it.  As I said, I didn't have to deduce in that way, but it was fun to do it and I don't believe there is any way for me to be incorrect, especially since the minute I pointed it out the room was emptier by one person.  I guess I COULD be wrong, it could be The Wrong "Man" syndrome, but I doubt it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2004, 04:33:06 PM »

If I haven't said so, these are most excellent postings today - such people we have here (I even like the karma-taker, so there).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »

Clothing check:  my 2001 Thurston County (WA) Relay-For-Life t-shirt, shorts with 5 pockets (no back left pocket but two patch pockets on top of the two regular pockets in the front), my asics shoes with footie/ankle socks and Haines (oops) Hanes unders.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2004, 04:33:55 PM »

TD - I have the VCR running for a very special treat.

Are we being obtuse, Jack? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2004, 04:35:36 PM »

Videotaping yourself again, Jack????

He said he was videotaping a TREAT, not a TRICK!  
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2004, 04:38:48 PM »

He said he was videotaping a TREAT, not a TRICK!  
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D

No, no....YOU are the intended trick....and HE is the treat!

;D ;D ;D

td

• td
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2004, 04:40:06 PM »

Say, I know what we haven't done in a 'coon's age.  Clothing call: Jeans, gray pullover shirt, nice socks.

I just got out of the shower. I am wearing a towel.
(Why, oh why, did i have to log on now?)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »

Man, daddy-o, as soon as I welcome GUESTS certain GUESTS leave immediately.  Are they worried about something?  Are they concerned that certain higher-ups on this site can see them?  I just wonder.

I've noted as many as 11 "guests" at one time and only 6 or 7 registered users.

What, do you think, must they make of all of us?

td

• td
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2004, 04:41:18 PM »

No, no....YOU are the intended trick....and HE is the treat!

;D ;D ;D

Being "the trick," though, means that I would have to pay. . .well, we could always take it out in trade.

Isn't that where the "tricks of the trade" expression comes from?

Ben

« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2004, 04:42:28 PM »

Hoo and Ray! I finally got a copy of Wicked on CD and I didn't pay $18.95 which was the going price everywhere here in the city (I saw them cheaper at Amazon and some other sites but I decided to wait and lo and behold, when I went to Academy CD which sells used and bulk purchase CDsI got a new, sealed copy for $8.95. It's not that I begrudge the creators their financial due, it's just that the price of CDs seem to be heading ever skyward and one recourse is to wait and buy the product later when I can find it at discount.

I'm also happy because my brother-in-law's package came and in it were two state quarters I need (yes, I'm collecting the state quarters, I admit my geekdom). I have yet to see Arkansas anywhere and I saw Maine once when it first came out. Lo and Behold (there's that phrase again) these were the two my BIL sent to me. Now Michigan is out but I haven't yet seen that quarter. I must persevere.

Flannel shirt over a thermal long-sleeved undershirt, carpenter pant jeans, white socks and running shoes (trainers they call them in England).

MBarnum, welcome to the Clouds. Emily, hurry it's lovely up here (a Lane/Lerner reference).

Now, I must go eat something. Anthony has gone to Long Island ahead of me for the long weekend (ah, those with flexible schedules). I will go out Friday after work and we will return to the city on Monday.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2004, 04:43:23 PM »

At the moment of this post, there have been more than 1100 "views" of this thread.

Does that mean that 1100 guests or users have been "online" here just today?  If so, doesn't it make you wonder what this place would be like if everyone who clicked onto a thread actually posted?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2004, 04:43:29 PM »

I'm now wearing grey sweat pants, a grey cotton top, a blue windbreaker, white socks, old sneakers and big hoop earrings (left over from lunch - not to eat, to wear). And now I'm taking my dog for a walk. He's wearing a brown, whhite, tan and black fur, red collar with white bones on it and a red leash. He always chooses a stick to carry to complement the ensemble. Later!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2004, 04:44:30 PM »

Being "the trick," though, means that I would have to pay. . .well, we could always take it out in trade.

Isn't that where the "tricks of the trade" expression comes from?

Pay?  Pay?

Where I come from, that's not what a "trick" is!  I know hookers call their johns tricks, but that's a whole different thang....know what I mean?

Heck...back when CBS was doing exposes of the "bath" scenes in San Francisco, one guy was interviewed who said he had as many as 100 tricks in one night at a bath house.

Now you KNOW he didn't PAY!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 04:46:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jed

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2004, 04:45:54 PM »

Canadians like Mexican food. Please bring us  Taco bell.

If you really like Mexican food, it's not Taco Bell you want. :)  Now, I do enjoy some Taco Bell from time to time, but certainly not when my taste buds want to enjoy some good Mexican cuisine.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2004, 04:46:09 PM »

I think most of our GUESTS are proper lurkers - people who enjoy the site.  I think a couple of our GUESTS are Uncouth Interlopers (well, I don't think this, I know it) and sometimes our guests ARE registered users who just haven't signed in yet.  That's fairly simple to tell, too - if there are ten guests, then suddenly there are five guests and just as suddenly five registered users appear on the board, that's what's happened.

The karma-taking is about to backfire, however.  Apologies, of course, will be accepted (I'm not just speaking about MY karma - I could give a flying Wallenda - I just find it totally subverts what this site is about and frankly or even normly, I'm bored and tired of it) and the whole matter forgotten.  That is, if the karma-taker has what it takes to do such a thing.

td

• td
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2004, 04:46:49 PM »

There's a major difference in the meaning of the word TRICK between gay parlance and prostitution parlance... the difference is, one pays the other doesn't.

td

• td
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2004, 04:49:19 PM »

i'm sure that Panni's dog won't be turning any tricks while out for a walk.
Neither will mine.  Of course, Minx is getting to old for the oldest profession anyway.

And another thing.  I think that acting is the world's oldest profession, simply because between Adam and Eve - one of them was "faking it."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2004, 04:49:38 PM »

Welcome twelve GUESTS!  Come on in, the water is especially fine today.

Jay

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2004, 04:50:05 PM »

There's a major difference in the meaning of the word TRICK between gay parlance and prostitution parlance... the difference is, one pays the other doesn't.

And now Dear Reader td will explain how he has become such an expert in such matters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2004, 04:50:20 PM »

My favorite gay-parlance word is "twink".

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2004, 04:53:02 PM »

And now Dear Reader td will explain how he has become such an expert in such matters.

Only if I am PAYED for the information.
A good journalist NEVER reveals his source, he may revel in his sources, though.

OH, and speaking of karma. . .

BK just went up a point.

I noticed because he posted numbers.

Now that the new number is the old number, can the same logic be applied as to WHO GAVE BK BACK HIS KARMA, or as they say in the hip-hop world, HOW BK GOT HIS GROOVE BACK?

td

• td
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2004, 04:54:13 PM »

My favorite gay-parlance word is "twink".

Well, it could be worse.
You could be saying that you're into twinks, which is not the same as being a big fan of pre-packaged dessert goodies.  (or is it?)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2004, 04:55:10 PM »

Well, LOL, td.

THAT was my point.

td

• td
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2004, 04:55:15 PM »

Okay now this karma thing is starting to get to me.
In a good way.

BUT, since I posted, BK points went UP AGAIN!

td

• td
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2004, 04:56:41 PM »

Well, LOL, td.

THAT was my point.

There are no points on HHW, we are the internet of the absurd.  Our supreme playwright is Eugene Inoesco.  We are all rhinoceri, or FIGS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2004, 04:57:08 PM »

At the moment of this post, there have been more than 1100 "views" of this thread.

Does that mean that 1100 guests or users have been "online" here just today?  If so, doesn't it make you wonder what this place would be like if everyone who clicked onto a thread actually posted?

No.  Even just refreshing your browser (to see the new posts) adds another to the "view" count.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up