Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PROFOUND PROFUNDITY  (Read 44081 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:PROFOUND PROFUNDITY
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2004, 04:57:14 PM »

Well I haven't noticed -- have I lost any karma points lately?

I see what I have now....but.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2004, 04:58:18 PM »

I can only tell you that despite the karma-taker probably wanting to do it again, they can't for another three days.  Again, owning up to it, apologizing for the unnecessary silliness would be more than appreciated.  Otherwise, I'm afraid it's all going to backfire, as I said earlier.  There is just no real reason for people doing this - if one doesn't like something someone posts just move on - withhold karma, as it were.  If one likes something especially well, dole out the karma.  To remove karma is just mean-spirited, childish and, most importantly, pointless, especially on a site such as this - one of good vibes and xylophones.  So, consider this fair warning, a nice fair warning, but a fair warning nonetheless.

Robin

« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2004, 04:58:49 PM »

My favorite gay-parlance word is "plook".  

Oh, wait a minute.  That isn't a gay-parlance word.  I just like the way it sounds.

Try it.  You'll like it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:00:04 PM by Robin Anderson »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2004, 04:59:51 PM »

Oh, and if someone takes exception to my post, instead of taking the karma why don't you do something more worthwhile, like KISS MY ASS.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:13 PM »

There's an alternative, BK!

Just do away with it.

If you give folks a choice, what is the justice in chastising them for exercising that choice?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:39 PM »

All I said was I am video taping something.  You are all evil, evil, evil people....  8)

I feel right at home.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:02:18 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2004, 05:02:11 PM »

I don't give people a choice - it's part of the design of this board.  Again, Ron, why?  What's the point?  It bothers a couple of people here when it happens (they write me - I know this) and I'm simply not going to have people bothered because of such a stupid thing.  So, use your best judgment is my best advice, oh, yes, it's my best advice.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2004, 05:04:21 PM »

I don't give people a choice - it's part of the design of this board.  Again, Ron, why?  What's the point?  It bothers a couple of people here when it happens (they write me - I know this) and I'm simply not going to have people bothered because of such a stupid thing.  So, use your best judgment is my best advice, oh, yes, it's my best advice.

Mark Bakalor designed it in.  Mark Bakalor can design it out.  It's turn offable.

td

• td
« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2004, 05:05:01 PM »

Oh, and if someone takes exception to my post, instead of taking the karma why don't you do something more worthwhile, like KISS MY ASS.

Oh, goodness! I hope that person wasn't a twink.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »

Actually...   ;D

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2004, 05:07:05 PM »

As DR's Noel and Jed (and possibly others; I was reading fast) said, Taco Bell is NOT by any means real Mexican Food. When I lived in Middle-of-Nowhere, Oklahoma (Actually, that's not true. I lived 10 minutes away from where Jason went to college, probably when he was there!), there wasn't a Taco Bell anywhere. I can't even eat their food, it's so...fake. Like Spaghettios. Gross.

As for playing the opposite sex, I think I'd want to play Henry Higgins. What a fun role that would be!

Question: Has anyone here read the "Left Behind" series? If you have, would you care to share your thoughts? It's a touchy subject with some, and I don't want to push anything, I'm just curious to hear different opinions on the books, since I'm still sort of confused as to how *I* feel about them.

Question #2: What are your dreams, your ambitions, the things that you strive to achieve, whether they be right beside you, or just past the stars. I know this is broad, but you all are creative, you'll think up good answers.
...Walk in the sunshine...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2004, 05:07:35 PM »

I don't think that's the case, Ron, but I've an e-mail into Mark asking him about it.

td

• td
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2004, 05:08:10 PM »

Actually...   ;D

::)

as I say at work, "I'm an angel."

td

• td
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2004, 05:09:28 PM »

As for playing the opposite sex, I think I'd want to play Henry Higgins. What a fun role that would be!

Well, now we have the first HHW cast of MY FAIR LADY!
(go waaaaay back in today's posts for the HHW Eliza).

Jed

« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2004, 05:15:05 PM »

Sarah, you're quite right, playing Henry Higgins is very fun.  Got to do it my senior year in HS, and hope I'll get to do it again some day.  Would also like to play Colonel Pickering at some point.

As for female roles I'd like to play... Of course Mama Rose would be grand.  Would also enjoy the plethora of roles for one woman in Stop the World - I Want to Get Off or the Baker's Wife in Into the Woods.  Oh well, I'll have to make do with Edna Turnblad and Mary Sunshine. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2004, 05:18:51 PM »

Question: Has anyone here read the "Left Behind" series? If you have, would you care to share your thoughts? It's a touchy subject with some, and I don't want to push anything, I'm just curious to hear different opinions on the books, since I'm still sort of confused as to how *I* feel about them.

Sarah:  I've read all of the books up to "The Remnant."  I have that one, but I have not read it.  My mother buys them when they come out in paperback (after having read the hardback library copy), sends them to me to read, and then I take them back to her at Christmas.

I think the series owes its popularity to an excellent concept, thought-provoking scenarios, interesting characters and a nice dose of scripture interpreted through a rabbi.

It's never subtle, though.  Sometimes I definitely feel I'm being conked on the head by the writers.  

The whole series relies upon belief in, or a willingness to accept the possibility of, "The Rapture" and the signs in the Book of Revelations about the end of the world prior to the return of Jesus Christ.  It's a wonderful "it's never too late" narrative.  I've told my mother that if so many things  were manifested in such a short time and people still refuse to acknowledge God then they're too stupid for heaven anyway.

She smiles when I say it,  but she looks a little sad, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2004, 05:23:54 PM »

I tank I go home now.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2004, 05:27:31 PM »

Drive time for me, too.

Although, Jack, it's late for you, isn't it?????

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2004, 05:27:34 PM »

Nice analysis, Ron. I know exactly how you feel by being "conked on the head" by the writers. Only for me it's more being punched in the stomach. By the way, you need to change your message under your avatar. I sincerely doubt that you looked like that Senior year :).

TD, we shall DANCE the night away, and you shall fall in loooooove with me.

Jed, I'd have liked to see you as Higgins!

I am NEVER going to be a HHW God/dess.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »

...if I don't start posting more!

Tomovoz

« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »

I shall be off too. At last The Return Of The King. (I hope!).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

Off?  Off?  We don't need no stinking off.  Isn't anyone else wearing CLOTHES?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2004, 05:35:15 PM »

I think I can officially say that we've been havin' a posting frenzy - a full-fledged frenzy.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2004, 05:35:46 PM »

I shall be off too. At last The Return Of The King. (I hope!).

The place is crawling with Gods, yet he's off to visit with a King.  Go figure.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2004, 05:40:04 PM »

Ah yes, I forgot. I'm wearing jeans, gray sneakers, and my new Spartan Singers teeshirt that we got to design. On the back, it has two stick figures, one girl, one boy, holding hands, singing, surrounded by our names. The outside border says "You can't sing the song unless you got heart, and you ain't got heart unless you're a Spartan!"

I luuuuuurve it.

If we do't have a delay/cancellation because of snow tomorrow, I may just be getting out at 11:30! Let's hear it for 3 hour school days! Which means I'll get to go out to lunch avec mes copains.

My new favorite song in the world is "As Long As You're Mine". I adore Norbert Leo Butz's voice. Can you say sexy a million times over? If only he'd change his rather unfortunate name...

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2004, 05:45:46 PM »

Oh, Sherlock Kimmel, how sure-fire is your karma deduction?  I mean sometimes I come to the site and just leave it there and go away for hours.  Since I left the computer on the site, I'm sure it's registering me  there...even though I may be down at the grocery or taking a walk or something...

I have a terrible headache, I'm sure it's because I have had to deal with this never-ending, always-changing technology.  Panni, you think you're behind the curve.  I still type my scripts in a macro-screenplay-format on Wordperfect in DOS, that's why I don't upgrade my computer past windows 98. I've been told if I go any further, I won't be able to use my DOS.wordperfect anymore.  I have installed final draft but I haven't really used it yet and what about all my old file and scripts in DOS?  I should really blow about 10, 000 dollars replace this computer, both mine and my wife's laptops, get on broadband, get scanners, and new printers, digital cameras and photo printers, and also get a communal Desktop PC for the two of us as well.  That still wouldn't solve what to do with all my old files in my DOS system.  Besides I always looked so good with a quill pen in my hand.  

Anybody who can recommend an inexpensive, local computer genius/advisor send him my way.  All the ones I've had have gone on to bigger and better things.  They don't stick around in the trouble-shooting game.  My first guy who set up my screenwriting program in wordperfect and DOS (long before windows), started his own company, came up with an internet movie database business, sold it for a ton of money, and is now my neighbour living in a house twice as big as mine with an exquisite  view of downtown LA.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2004, 05:48:54 PM »

Envy and spitefullness are not godlike qualities and they have been banished. We are having a problem with lust.

It's strange, I don't remember the word "lust" being bantered about when I became a god.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2004, 05:50:42 PM »

Since I'm here and I've just eaten my dinner (I decided since Anthony isn't here that I would go to the diner and I had a bowl of Cream of Turkey soup - very good and a tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat toast - OK, not great) and I'm at the computer I will post a dinner picture from England, if you all don't mind. I usually post one or two pictures in the morning, but I have some time right now so I will take the day (or night, as it were). I mentioned we stayed a few days with friends in Gedling, outside of Nottingham. They are wonderful people and treated us very well. After a long day of sightseeing and visiting Chatsworth House we returned home and instead of cooking Catherine and Anthony drove to the take-away fish and chips shop (Anthony wanted to eat what the locals eat so he asked for fish and chips) and brought home slabs of fried cod and chips and mushy peas. Quite tasty, actually. The picture is below.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2004, 05:58:24 PM »

There WAS a picture up, but it sent us into super widescreen. Hmm...let's try in a few minutes.

Robin

« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2004, 06:01:34 PM »

Okay, since you're so curious, I'm wearing a pair of ripped-up blue jeans and a black tank top, with a pair of deck shoes.  No socks.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up