Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PROFOUND PROFUNDITY  (Read 43964 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:PROFOUND PROFUNDITY
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2004, 06:08:19 PM »

So we go to the rabbi's office at the back of the temple and the legit ceremony is performed.

Our reform Rabbi would not marry my brother to his Catholic wife, yet he considered my mother Jewish who didn't convert in the traditional manner.  I have been told by a Conservative Rabbi I and my children are not really Jewish, something I find very insulting.

Danise

« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2004, 06:08:31 PM »

Good eveing all!

Gee the place is one  big  DOG fest.  Errr, stop, reverse that.  Make that GOD fest.  A Willy Wonda reference!

Congrats to the newest Deity and for the 20,000 posts!

Breaking news!

I have tickets for Millie!  Yay!  In the nose bleed section but that was all I could get at the 2:00 PM showing on Saturday, 1/24/04, upper east center, row JJ, Seat 39 & 40.  You'll never guess so I'll have to tell you that my Mom wanted to go see it as well, hense, the 2 tickets.  

Wasn't there a movie called "The Hidden"??  

I'm not really into hot/spicy food but I do like mild Mexican.  I make my own taco salad.  I don't really have a recipe for it, I just kinda throw it together.  

The other BIG news of the day is that I heard that Michael Ball may be coming to the States for some concerts.  I am soooo excited.  I  wanted to go to NYC but if I have to pick between them, I'm going to see Mr. Ball!  

I'm hoping he will either have a concert close by home so I won't have to make a long trip to see him and still be able to go on my NYC jaunt or that he'll have one in NYC and I can see both at once.  Either way works for me!  :) :) :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »

By the way, you need to change your message under your avatar. I sincerely doubt that you looked like that Senior year :).

What!  I don't look like I was a child prodigy?????

Well, at least I know I was progeny!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2004, 06:10:41 PM »

At the moment of this post, there have been more than 1100 "views" of this thread.

Does that mean that 1100 guests or users have been "online" here just today?  If so, doesn't it make you wonder what this place would be like if everyone who clicked onto a thread actually posted?

Since we are on the subject, and we are having a conversation (so I am not asking a tech question here), everytime one of us refreshes their computer to see the latest posts, it adds another visit to the count.  Isn't that correct (somebody non-tech)??
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2004, 06:11:09 PM »

Thanks so much, everyone, for the ongoing good vibes for Archie. I spoke to the vet earlier. Archie's comfortable in the "little house" they provide. The vet wants to monitor him overnight. They're still awaiting results of the blood work..

Do let us know tomorrow how he is.  Hopefully all will be well or it will be an easy fix.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2004, 06:13:34 PM »

Anybody who can recommend an inexpensive, local computer genius/advisor send him my way.  All the ones I've had have gone on to bigger and better things.  They don't stick around in the trouble-shooting game.  My first guy who set up my screenwriting program in wordperfect and DOS (long before windows), started his own company, came up with an internet movie database business, sold it for a ton of money, and is now my neighbour living in a house twice as big as mine with an exquisite  view of downtown LA.

I heard of a dude named Steve...used to work for Dell til they decided he was more popular than they were and they fired him and started running totally lame-o ads.

But a more serious recommendation:  Try looking up the very make/model of your defunct scanner on Ebay and see if anyone has a relatively decent one for sale.

I've also heard tell of a dude named Mark Bakalor...but I hear he's really, really busy...and sometimes grumpy.  BUT, if you have any good Sondheim stories, I believe he's a HUGE Sondheim fan!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2004, 06:16:25 PM »

Since we are on the subject, and we are having a conversation (so I am not asking a tech question here), everytime one of us refreshes their computer to see the latest posts, it adds another visit to the count.  Isn't that correct (somebody non-tech)??

ROTF -- ROARING!

I can just see all of us perfunctorily hitting our "refresh" buttons every five minutes lest the screen image go stale!

:)

Doesn't it refresh after you hit the "Post" button?  I think it does.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2004, 06:19:25 PM »

As DR's Noel and Jed (and possibly others; I was reading fast) said, Taco Bell is NOT by any means real Mexican Food. When I lived in Middle-of-Nowhere, Oklahoma (Actually, that's not true. I lived 10 minutes away from where Jason went to college, probably when he was there!), there wasn't a Taco Bell anywhere. I can't even eat their food, it's so...fake. Like Spaghettios. Gross.

As for playing the opposite sex, I think I'd want to play Henry Higgins. What a fun role that would be!

Question: Has anyone here read the "Left Behind" series? If you have, would you care to share your thoughts? It's a touchy subject with some, and I don't want to push anything, I'm just curious to hear different opinions on the books, since I'm still sort of confused as to how *I* feel about them.

Question #2: What are your dreams, your ambitions, the things that you strive to achieve, whether they be right beside you, or just past the stars. I know this is broad, but you all are creative, you'll think up good answers.

If I answer these questions, after an hour, are you going to send me a bill?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2004, 06:20:45 PM »

It's strange, I don't remember the word "lust" being bantered about when I became a god.

That's one of the words we're not supposed to say around you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:23:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2004, 06:22:59 PM »

Sarah, you're quite right, playing Henry Higgins is very fun.  Got to do it my senior year in HS, and hope I'll get to do it again some day.  Would also like to play Colonel Pickering at some point.

Great idea, Jed.  You play Higgins and I'll play Pickering!  We can be the first father/son team to do the show.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2004, 06:23:07 PM »

Okay, since you're so curious, I'm wearing a pair of ripped-up blue jeans and a black tank top, with a pair of deck shoes.  No socks.  

Oooooh...no socks!

Danise

« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2004, 06:31:04 PM »

Question: Has anyone here read the "Left Behind" series? If you have, would you care to share your thoughts? It's a touchy subject with some, and I don't want to push anything, I'm just curious to hear different opinions on the books, since I'm still sort of confused as to how *I* feel about them.

Question #2: What are your dreams, your ambitions, the things that you strive to achieve, whether they be right beside you, or just past the stars. I know this is broad, but you all are creative, you'll think up good answers.

Answer To Question 1.  I have the first book because I was curious about the series.  Haven't read it yet but it's in my "to read" pile.  I will let you know when I get to it.  I  think I won't get past the first chapter if it get's to preachy.  

Answer to Question 2.  I think you will find that some of them change with age.  There was a time I wanted to be a singer.  That's gone. Used to dream of the knight in shining armor but that’s out.   I think the thing I strive for now is to be as happy as possible.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2004, 06:31:35 PM »

That's one of the words we're not supposed to say around you.

Too late!
“One thing’s universal,

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2004, 06:32:10 PM »

I have been told by a Conservative Rabbi I and my children are not really Jewish.

Shiksa Goddess!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2004, 06:33:14 PM »

Okay, since you're so curious, I'm wearing a pair of ripped-up blue jeans and a black tank top, with a pair of deck shoes.  No socks.  

So when do we get to see a picture of you, Dear Reader Robin?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2004, 06:33:22 PM »

Ooh!

I've just been "refreshed"!

(Are you reading, TCB)?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2004, 06:35:12 PM »

Answer to Question 2.  I think you will find that some of them change with age.  There was a time I wanted to be a singer.  That's gone. Used to dream of the knight in shining armor but that’s out.   I think the thing I strive for now is to be as happy as possible.

Let's see, Danise, you wanted to sing and you were looking for a white knight?  I hate to tell you this, but you are actually Marion the Librarian.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2004, 06:38:51 PM »

Ooh!

I've just been "refreshed"!

(Are you reading, TCB)?

Now, you have also been karmalized.
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2004, 06:39:33 PM »

Our reform Rabbi would not marry my brother to his Catholic wife, yet he considered my mother Jewish who didn't convert in the traditional manner.  I have been told by a Conservative Rabbi I and my children are not really Jewish, something I find very insulting.
And that, DR Jane, is why organized religion drives me NUTS. Sorry if i insult any DR's - but ALL organized religion drives me nuts.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2004, 06:45:47 PM »

Now, you have also been karmalized.

Yipes!  I thought things were getting a bit sticky!

:)   ;D   :D   :)   ;D   :D

Oops...there goes that "refresh" button again.

Look out, TCB!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:49:18 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2004, 06:47:10 PM »

I must go now and read. Usually when people ask to send me scripts for my opinion, I say a polite no. But a dear friend and colleague in Canada has written a romantic comedy set in a mortuary - yes, a mortuary -  and he wants my input. I couldn't decline. The script arrived today - so off I go. Back later.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2004, 06:48:02 PM »

Yipes!  I thought things were getting a bit sticky!

:)   ;D   :D   :)   ;D   :D

I thought that was a result of "refreshing" yourself.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2004, 06:50:45 PM »

There's give and there's receive.

Pass the towel.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2004, 06:51:23 PM »

I must go now and read. Usually when people ask to send me scripts for my opinion, I say a polite no. But a dear friend and colleague in Canada has written a romantic comedy set in a mortuary - yes, a mortuary -  and he wants my input. I couldn't decline. The script arrived today - so off I go. Back later.  

Well, I hope one of the characters isn't named Mr. Joyboy!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2004, 06:51:46 PM »

His last name isn't Ball is it?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2004, 06:53:19 PM »

Swishy and Danise:  There are "Left Behind" movies, too!  I have the first one on VHS.  It''s well done, but it presumes too much on the part of the viewer and it lacks an emotional punch it desperately needs.

Still, it stars Kirk Cameron (he's a coproducer) and Brad Johnson!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2004, 06:56:12 PM »

My kitty is getting restless...it's past feeding time.

She has a tendency to leave me little tokens of her displeasure when she's this restless.

Later....

Robin

« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2004, 07:08:15 PM »

So when do we get to see a picture of you, Dear Reader Robin?

Dis be me.  Onna toppa the Umpire States Buildin', no lessun.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2004, 07:10:27 PM »

Danise, don't you HAVE a book or two to read???

Robin

« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2004, 07:10:53 PM »

Sorry about that last post.  I've been reading Krazy Kat comics for the last few hours, and it's affecting my noodle.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up