Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE AIN'T DOWN YET  (Read 27633 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:WE AIN'T DOWN YET
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »

Have fun vibes for TPunk and her company
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »

Great walking vibes to TPunk!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2006, 09:12:09 PM »

Tonight, I started the evening with STARGATE. Although this is my friend Hal's favorite sci-fi movie, I realized that I had never seen it all the way through. The newest release of the film on DVD is wonderful looking for the most part (an occasional speck of dirt mars the image once and a while but not often), and the new DTS 6.1-ES soundtrack is mind-blowing. I had to lower the volume of my system for fear of either blowing out some speakers or cracking some window glass. Like the remake of WAR OF THE WORLDS, the bass was so deep and heavy and constant that I actually felt air from the subwoofer whooshing at me at certain points during the film.

Kurt Russell looked marvelous, BTW. A very entertaining sci-fi movie.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »

BK, is it possible that for future end-of-term presentations, it might be useful to do a revue, so that you can just say the-heck-with-those-people about the people who can't be trusted?  

Matt H.

« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »

Next came THE PRODUCERS. I didn't see the film at the theater, so this was my first experience with the musical as a movie.

I saw all of the original cast on Broadway in this and loved it. On film, it's too broad, way too much of everything and everyone. Still, had I not seen it before, I would be SO grateful to have this as a souvenir of the show. No, the direction is not innovative or anything other than rudimentary, but it gets the job done. I didn't miss the songs that were dropped, though it was nice to see "The King of Old Broadway" in the deleted scenes. With it missing from the film, there is a long gap between the opening number and the next song.

I enjoyed the movie overall (the transfer is gorgeous), but I can see why it didn't go over any bigger than it did.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2006, 09:23:35 PM »

Tonight, I started the evening with STARGATE. Although this is my friend Hal's favorite sci-fi movie, I realized that I had never seen it all the way through. The newest release of the film on DVD is wonderful looking for the most part (an occasional speck of dirt mars the image once and a while but not often), and the new DTS 6.1-ES soundtrack is mind-blowing. I had to lower the volume of my system for fear of either blowing out some speakers or cracking some window glass. Like the remake of WAR OF THE WORLDS, the bass was so deep and heavy and constant that I actually felt air from the subwoofer whooshing at me at certain points during the film.

Kurt Russell looked marvelous, BTW. A very entertaining sci-fi movie.

I gues for me the deep bass would be normal.. I could hear it properly..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night, everyone!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2006, 09:25:55 PM »

BK, is it possible that for future end-of-term presentations, it might be useful to do a revue, so that you can just say the-heck-with-those-people about the people who can't be trusted?  

Taht would be an idea to explore if he so desired...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~ VIBES ~~[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ FOR ~~~[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~ EVERY ~~~~
[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~ ONE!! ~~~~~
[/move]

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:31:42 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »

Am I reading the stats incorrectly, or has what started out as a slow day turned out to be the highest posting day since the 200,000 plateau?

George

« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

Did anyone buy the FAME first season DVD?

I bought it.  I remember that I LOVED it when it was originally on.  I've only watched a few episodes, but sadly, it hasn't aged well. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2006, 09:34:52 PM »

I know the feeling and the reality DR George!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »

Just got home from MeetingLand. I am tired.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »

Am I reading the stats incorrectly, or has what started out as a slow day turned out to be the highest posting day since the 200,000 plateau?

WE have a LONG way of posting..... but it could be since we hit the plateau

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »

I bought it.  I remember that I LOVED it when it was originally on.  I've only watched a few episodes, but sadly, it hasn't aged well. ::)

Billy Hufsey has not worn well either.. .He was on days for a while... YIKES

George

« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2006, 09:49:44 PM »

Today, I went to work for a few hours then met my friend Margo and her youngest daughter at Applebee's.  I had their new Southwest Cobb Salad (Grilled chipotle chicken, shredded cheese, broccoli, diced tomatoes, shredded carrots, corn and black beans served on a bed of mixed greens. Finished with a side of cilantro ranch dressing, except that the cilantro dressing was not on the side...and there was too much broccoli :P) and their new (to me) crispy bread pudding (Golden fried cubes of cinnamon-sugar-coated bread pudding are crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. Served with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a rich caramel sauce).  It was quite good.  I must never have this again, or I'll never lose weight!

George

« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »

After that I went to Target and bought some small garbage bags (exciting, isn't it??) and when I got home, my sister's boyfriend was mowing my lawn and I don't know why!  He's retiring at the end of the month, so maybe he's thinking about picking up a little extra spening money. ;) I thanked him very much (I really don't like to do any kind of yard work...never have, never will ;D).

George

« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

Anyway, I checked my mail and I got the new Sunday In the Park With George.  I've listened to the first CD (act one) and I think it's wonderful...so far.  They use British accents for the first half (when they're all French) and have passable American accents in the second act.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2006, 09:51:21 PM »

I have had that salad.. It is good

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2006, 09:53:31 PM »

After that I went to Target and bought some small garbage bags (exciting, isn't it??) and when I got home, my sister's boyfriend was mowing my lawn and I don't know why!  He's retiring at the end of the month, so maybe he's thinking about picking up a little extra spening money. ;) I thanked him very much (I really don't like to do any kind of yard work...never have, never will ;D).

I like Target.. I went to Barnes and Noble...

George

« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2006, 09:55:07 PM »

I just heard a lyric change:  in "It's Hot Up Here" at the beginning of the second act, instead of "And the baby has no diapers," they sing, "And the baby has no nappies."  Interesting. :)

FJL

« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »

I've had the Applebee crispy bread pudding.  It made my list when we were doing favorite desserts day here a while back.

George

« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »

With the Sunday CD, I also got the new John Bucchino revue, "It's Only Life[/b]."  I have his CD, "Grateful: The Songs of John Bucchino.  I LOVE this CD. ;D I also got the songbook and have performed a couple of the songs.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »

Here is Billy Hufsey on a cover for SOD advertising Days...

Man he had some CHEESY dance scenes!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2006, 10:02:02 PM »

I just heard a lyric change:  in "It's Hot Up Here" at the beginning of the second act, instead of "And the baby has no diapers," they sing, "And the baby has no nappies."  Interesting. :)
The word "diapers" is not used here in Oz either DR  George.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2006, 10:03:41 PM »

nappies right?

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »

Yep.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2006, 10:21:19 PM »

Billy Hufsey has not worn well either.. .He was on days for a while... YIKES

According to his listing on imdb.com, he's 47 years old now and doesn't have any movie credits after 2001.  But doing a quick Google search, THIS site lists a few things he's done since then. ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2006, 10:28:21 PM »

Neither here.... in case anyone wondered!!! :)

We call them "langes" which rhymes with "anges" a pretty name when it comes to babies, no?!

Oh I'm sure you all agree!

I'm signing off now and will be back in a few days which should all give you a break, right? Of course right!

TCB.... you'll be in my thoughts! Courage! :-*

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »

he has done a few things...

Beth's days page is one of the better Days pages along with Jason47.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up