Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WINNER  (Read 25479 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WINNER
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »

This four week old puppy with one brown eye and one blue eye just might be ours.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:11:37 PM by Jane »

François de Paris

« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »

On the Candide CD, it says "This recording utilizes Sony's Direct Stream Digital™ (DSD) System and SBM Direct.  Does anyone have a freakin' clew as to what these are??

All is there.... and I got it all (NOT!) SO easy to understand!! LOL!

http://www.dsdproaudio.com/html/dsd_sacd_explained.html

François de Paris

« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »

On the Candide CD, it says "This recording utilizes Sony's Direct Stream Digital™ (DSD) System and SBM Direct.  Does anyone have a freakin' clew as to what these are??

It gets better near the end!! ;)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul98/articles/cdnextgen.html

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2006, 07:17:20 PM »

Re: big Brother

It's not just that competition, but if you read Canoe, and I think you do, you know there have been a number of questionable competitions and Janelle always comes out the winner.  

I really liked her last year, but this "showmance" with Will just makes me want to gag.  I wanted George or Danielle to win it all.  They were the least sleezy.  I really don't want anyone left to win.  Of the 4, I would say Will is the best player. He's had them all wrapped around his finger from day one.  So, I guess I would vote for him.  My guess is if Janelle doesn't win the veto she'll go next. I think Chilltown sees her as more of a threat than they see Erika

Yes I read canoe.

I think janelle has won mostly because of so many people throwing comps. And also the fact that willboogie have helped her win a bunch.

I think that the morph comp (which she won fairly) was actually probably done to favor her (since she did so well in the same comp last year). It was obvious chicken george would not do well in that one. But that said, nobody could predict how danielle was going to do. And she did quite well.

I would be curious though to know which season did that rope comp. I do like that one, but i think they did it last year. And i'll bet janelle was not good at it then either.

François de Paris

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »

This four week old puppy with one brown eye and one blue eye just might be ours.

The David Bowie dog version?!

This puppy is cuter than Mr Bowie, but then what do I know!!! ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2006, 07:24:16 PM »

more re: big brother/some live feed spoilers at the end.

It's not just that competition, but if you read Canoe, and I think you do, you know there have been a number of questionable competitions and Janelle always comes out the winner.  

I really liked her last year, but this "showmance" with Will just makes me want to gag.  I wanted George or Danielle to win it all.  They were the least sleezy.  I really don't want anyone left to win.  Of the 4, I would say Will is the best player. He's had them all wrapped around his finger from day one.  So, I guess I would vote for him.  My guess is if Janelle doesn't win the veto she'll go next. I think Chilltown sees her as more of a threat than they see Erika

I don't mind if we disagree. It's just sometimes i wonder if we are watching the same show. I think will is using janelle. But i also think that she has gotten a lot out of it too. Willboogie have helped her win a bunch of comps.

I would have hated if george had won, since he had no strategy and was a terrible player. Sure he was nice. But I would have been furious.  Danielle is a great player so i would have been okay if she had won.  I will be pretty mad if erika wins.

As i said before, the showmance that is making me ill is boogie/erika. She is gonna feel like the biggest fool.

Oh and as for Chilltown ditching Janelle (and this was my opinion before will and boogie realized this). I think that if they both want to be in F2 then it is better for them to ditch erika.

Erika is good at endurance. And it would be better for mike to keep erika (since she will take him to F2). But if it is Willboogie's goal to both make it to F2 then they need to ditch erika. Because it would be in erika's best interest to get rid of will. I think will/boogie could be in big trouble if she wins veto, because she would need to get rid of will.

ERika knows that will and boogie would take each other to final 2 over her. BUt if erika gets rid of will, then she is guaranteed to go to F2 (cause either boogie or janelle would take her).

I think chilltown has realized this and they are making sure that erika does not win pov.

François de Paris

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2006, 07:28:09 PM »

BIG BROTHER?

Ain't that another version of "TITS & ASS" about which we mentioned yesterday?!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »

Wonder if he'll show up in the bat mobile wearing tights....hmmm

Down, girl, he is married to Robin!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »

Very handsome puppy, Jane! But he looks HUGE!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »

Come to think of it, Temptation Island... Bachelor.... are in the same "TITS & ASS" category no?

François de Paris

« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2006, 07:35:04 PM »

Very handsome puppy, Jane! But he looks HUGE!

Yes, he looks like a Buddah! :D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »

Cute pup, Jane.  Just remember he grows up to be a dog.  I wouldn't want to be picking up his poop.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2006, 07:48:44 PM »

Great Puppy, Jane.  He will be a big dog, but I think you know that

François de Paris

« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2006, 07:49:27 PM »

Cute poop from a cute pup?!

Jane

« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »

The David Bowie dog version?!

This puppy is cuter than Mr Bowie, but then what do I know!!! ;)

LOL-Bryan says if we take him we should name him Bowie.  Keith says we must be crazy to get another dog so our dog will be named Muzbe, as in muz be.  I'm partial to Rone after the river.  It seems to me a Swiss Mountain Dog should have a Swiss name, sort of like my naming Echo after a Mountain Nymph.  I think Bowie is a cute name for a dog.  I also like Tolstoy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »

The mother is 100 pounds and the father 118 pounds and still growing.

I clean the litter boxes and Keith picks up after the dogs. ;D

Speaking of Keith he is waiting to watch LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE

'night

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »

LOL-Bryan says if we take him we should name him Bowie.  Keith says we must be crazy to get another dog so our dog will be named Muzbe, as in muz be.  I'm partial to Rone after the river.  It seems to me a Swiss Mountain Dog should have a Swiss name, sort of like my naming Echo after a Mountain Nymph.  I think Bowie is a cute name for a dog.  I also like Tolstoy.

Swiss name???? Call him CHOCOLAT!

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

... or BANKACCOUNT!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »

You could call him "Yodel".  Sort of an Echo connection!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2006, 08:13:51 PM »

Call him TOLSTOY and Pixar will make a star of him in TOLSTOY STORY 1 and TOLSTOY STORY 2 and maybe more!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2006, 08:14:13 PM »

I have been watching the strangest Brit sitcom MULBERRY, about death coming for a difficult old lady played by Geraldine McEwen.  I've now watched about six episodes and I haven't sorted out my feelings.

DR Tomovoz, I am around, and looking forward immensely to your and Colin's arrival.  I'm not thinking right now beyond opening THE SINGING NUN, I'm sorry to say.  Give me another few days to get my calendar in order.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François de Paris

« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2006, 08:17:40 PM »

Yodel?

Ledoy, backwards! You put your finger on it! (In French Switzerland, finger is "doight", and add some chocolate and you get Cadbury's?!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:18:18 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »

I have been watching the strangest Brit sitcom MULBERRY,

With some cameo by some President it could become MULBERRY BUSH! ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »

No worries DR Elmore.  Perhaps DP Colin and I should visit the Nuns.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »

Tom and Colin will come as The Flying Nuns! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

You can't visit them; they're recluse nuns! But they sing! :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:24:23 PM by François »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »

Congratulations, DR George, on your new purchase. I hope the good wishes are not premature. Keeping the good thought.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

I found some tape boxes that didn't have labels, so I spent tonight watching a very eccelctic assortment of things.

I began with four MYSTERIES & SCANDALS episodes. The subjects were:

1. George Reeves

2. James Dean

3. Jean Harlow

4. Judy Garland

Only the first had a real mystery attached though I suppose the death of Harlow's second husband Paul Bern is still somewhat of a mystery.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »

Next came a box that had "Tony Awards" written on it, but I hadn't put the year. As it turned out, it was 2002 and 2003 - the years of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE and HAIRSPRAY winning Best Musical. Skipped 2002 for the most part, but enjoyed the 2003 show a lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2006, 08:38:05 PM »

That 2003 Tony program had recorded over the 1973 Marlene Dietrich concert taped in London. Since there was only about 15 minutes of the show remaining on the tape, I went ahead tonight and bought a used copy of the DVD of this concert. Marlene was 72 years old and not looking or singing her best, but I do want the entire concert and am glad it was still available cheaply.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up