Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WINNER  (Read 24941 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WINNER
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:29:16 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke to you as only the notes can, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're still playing poker - with an actual poker.  It's most amusing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:13:38 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WINNER
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:35:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPALPEEN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR READER RON PULLIAM!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 01:46:50 AM »

Late last night, my computer was having problems (which is never good)!  It just shut itself off! :o And the only way that I could turn it back on was to turn off the power strip and turn it back on that way.  The power button didn't do anything. :-\ Hopefully, it was just a one-time occurrence.  It had better be!  I have financially related e-mails to send this weekend!  

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:52:07 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:47:43 AM »

So far, everything seems to be working, but I don't want to chance it.  I'll say good night, now.

GOOD NIGHT, NOW.

There...I said it. ;)

Good night, BK.

George

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 01:50:56 AM »

But before I go...the Topic of the Day:  my favorite game of chance??  LIFE, that's my favorite game.  And I don't mean "The Game of Life" board game by Milton Bradley, I mean LIFE itself. ;)

George

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 01:51:23 AM »

That's really a crapshoot.

;D

George

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 01:52:44 AM »

And on that note (C), I'm going to bed. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 01:53:34 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR RLP AKA RON PULLIAM[/color]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:54:03 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 03:07:30 AM »

So why is Cilla up in the middle of the night? Is she bats? No, she HAD a bat loose in the house. That's right, I woke up to Callie thumping and bumping around and since I knew Boo was in her room for bad behavior, I couldn't figure out what it was.   Of course, as soon as I saw it fly by I knew.   SHIT!  Sorry, but that's the nicest word I can use for how I felt.

So I managed to get all the doors to the upstairs rooms shut, and the kitchen door shut.  Then I took the screen and glass out of the hall window, but the dumb thing would perch not two inches from the open window but wouldn't fly out.

Finally I put a pair of jeans over the top of a broom and managed to trap the bat in the corner of the step, pick it up and toss it out the window.  I don't believe I hurt it. It was screeching like crazy as I tossed him out.

When I finally got the window shut, I was breathing really hard and sweating to beat the band. Nothing like a little fear and exertion at 4:00 AM to get the blood flowing!

I know I shouldn't be afraid of bats, but after I was woken from a dead sleep, tried to stop the cat from getting it (it could be rabid), figured out the fastest way to get it out of the house and actually accomplished it, whew! I realized how much adreneline was pumping through my veins!

Anyway, I have washed my face with cool water, gotten a big drink of cold water and now have calmed down. I think I'm too awake to go back to sleep, so I'll go read my book,

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 03:08:57 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON P!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 03:12:27 AM »

Before I go...Der B, I think you asked about the pink undies at the Maricopa County Jail.  That was after my time there.  When I was there the sheriff's last name was Godbehere. So when you went into the jail there were these huge letters over the door that said GOD BE HERE (ok no spaces, but that's how I always read it)  

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 03:13:18 AM »

Ok, think I'll go read for awhile and see if I can get a little more sleep.  I really don't think that's going to happen now..

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 03:24:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPALPEEN!
Although O'Rourke dearly wanted to take a NAP, SLEEP eluded him because that SPALPEEN of a boy-o Paddy was rehearsing his concerto for Uilleann pipes and snare drum in the next room.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 03:30:47 AM »

Sleepy vibes for our brave Cillaliz!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~~  ~~~~ ~~   ~~    ~       ~        zzzzzzzzz[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 03:32:14 AM »

The letters in the name RON PULLIAM can be rearranged to read MORAL LUPIN.

I have no idea what that means.

Happy Birthday.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 03:33:51 AM »

Games of chance?

You mean, games where I could lose money?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:P

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 04:45:31 AM »

Good morning, all!  Ohmigod, it's nearly autumn!  I am not ready for this.  Today's agenda has a trip to Toyland and then a visit to the Singing Nun rehearsal to hear the choral finale.  I think tonight I'll watch one of several Netflix DVDs staring at me.  Last night, when I got back from rehearsal, I got caught up on the Showtime series BROTHERHOOD, and as soon as 11 PM hit, I faded.[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR RON PULLIAM  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:17 AM »

Happy Birthday DR RLP!  And many more!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:47 AM »

Saturday....work day....I want lots of customers....NICE people.  We shall see.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 05:19:25 AM »

I like "21" as a game of chance.  I buy a POWERBALL ticket when I remember to do it....and let the system choose my numbers, after all it chooses the winning ones!

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 05:33:17 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I had as good a night's sleep as one can expect the first night (in this case, only) in a hotel.  My meeting starts in a couple hours.

DR Cillaliz had quite an adventure whilst I was sleeping!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR RonPulliam - I hope you're feeling better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:17:46 AM »

SPALPEEN!

A surgical tool used in splenectomies?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 06:20:07 AM »

Card games:

Duplicate Bridge - my hands down (one) favorite!

der Brucer (Life Master and Certified Director)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:36:03 AM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »

No, she HAD a bat loose in the house.

Probably more than one!

IOWA Radio reports:

BADGER, Iowa (AP) - Bats live in the majority of Iowa homes without the owners even knowing it, experts with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources said. They live in chimneys, attics and crawl spaces, and usually don't drive homeowners batty if they if they remain in those uninhabited areas, said Mark McInroy, a DNR technician.

Experts don't know how many bats live in Iowa or whether the bat population is changing.

Nate Gibson said he and his wife, Julie, have been chasing the occasional bat from their home for nearly a year. He said he understands that one bat seen can mean dozens, or more, that remain hidden.

Dwayne Kay, owner of Storm Lake-based Kay Bat Control, said his business took on the challenge of de-batting Gibson's home.

"When people call us and say they've got a bat or a few bats, I explain, 'You've got more than that,'" Kay said.

He estimates that the average home he works on has as many as 150 bats. Some have colonies of close to 1,000, he said.

Have you a belfry?

der brucer

FJL

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 06:48:53 AM »

A very happy, healthy birthday to DR RLP!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 06:57:41 AM »

Cillaliz, what a horrible experience you had! I, too, had a bat in my house once. The City was taking down many lovely old trees and the wildlife needed new homes. Unfortunately for us both, my bedroom was not the right venue! My bat didn't want to leave, either. A friend came over the next day and got him out, but was far more concerned about possibly harming the bat than about what this experience had done to me. So, believe me, I do know how upsetting this can be. I think you were very brave and composed. AND, aside from the rabidity issue, bats have sharp teeth and claws.
I hope you're able to give yourself a nice R&R day today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 07:01:34 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR RON PULLLIAM! Hope you have a lovely day.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 07:25:36 AM »

No-more-bats vibes to Cilla.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up