Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WINNER  (Read 25474 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:WINNER
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2006, 10:18:18 PM »

You can make crepes or an omelette?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2006, 10:19:32 PM »

Are we close to page 8?

I'm not counting! What A Difference A Page Makes?! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2006, 10:20:01 PM »

You can make crepes or an omelette?

The fellow has no FLOUR!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »

I have a funny story about making crepes...

I was at a freind's home in Boston, and part of athe tradition at their home is the guest has to flip a crepe in the pan. My first one did not go so well and it flew out of the pan and into the mouth of a waiting dog.

My second one went much better.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2006, 10:21:30 PM »

The fellow has no FLOUR!

darn... he could use a bit of milk to make scrambled eggs...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »

I am watching a show on Food network called Unwarpped:potatoes and fires...

They are talking about Belgian Fries, Have you had them Francois?

they called them Pommefrites

François de Paris

« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2006, 10:24:40 PM »

I have a funny story about making crepes...

I was at a freind's home in Boston, and part of athe tradition at their home is the guest has to flip a crepe in the pan. My first one did not go so well and it flew out of the pan and into the mouth of a waiting dog.

My second one went much better.

I'm sure that dog loves you from then on!
Is she named Suzette?!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »

This four week old puppy with one brown eye and one blue eye just might be ours.

When will you have the DNA results?

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2006, 10:25:18 PM »

You might try a butterfly net! That might work! ;)

(Poor Butterfly!)

With my luck I would catch a ladybug!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2006, 10:26:29 PM »

I'm sure that dog loves you from then on!
Is she named Suzette?!

What are you... a psychic!?!?!  LOL!!

The dogs are named Suzi and Dylan....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2006, 10:26:48 PM »

Hey I know, you can make some eggs and also make some mushroom soup!  There are some staples to have in the kitchen that won't be expensive.  I'll email some suggestions.

I think you'll be fine getting to the airport in KC 2 hours early.   It's not that big an airport, so you should be fine.  

I was envisioning a mushroom (soup) omelette!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2006, 10:27:49 PM »

Hmmm,   You can catch a lot o fthings with a butterfly net. A friend of my sister's used a fishing net to catch the dog he was babysitting after it took off from their house....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »

I was envisioning a mushroom (soup) omelette!

he could make Mushroom soup foo wong!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:39:14 PM by DakotaCelt »

François de Paris

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2006, 10:28:28 PM »

I am watching a show on Food network called Unwarpped:potatoes and fires...

They are talking about Belgian Fries, Have you had them Francois?

they called them Pommefrites

We call them pommes frites too. More often we just they "frites" and when we want to sound stylish (A hard task for us I admit!! ;)) we call them American Fries!

They grow very good potatoes in Belgium which make them taste very special once fried!

François de Paris

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2006, 10:30:05 PM »

Oh, but there are HE ladybugs, no?! Ask Pixar Studios! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »

What are you... a psychic!?!?!  LOL!!

The dogs are named Suzi and Dylan....

No.... I just thought Crêpe Suzette, you know! Grand Marnier.....

François de Paris

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:16 PM »

he could Mushroom soup foo wong!!

Hey, watch your words! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2006, 10:35:41 PM »

We call them pommes frites too. More often we just they "frites" and when we want to sound stylish (A hard task for us I admit!! ;)) we call them American Fries!

They grow very good potatoes in Belgium which make them taste very special once fried!

Eastern ND at one time was one of the largest potato growing areas in the US and it was a real treat to get fresh potatores to make french fries and steak fries and then dip them in honey dijon mustard, cheese or ketchup.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:38:35 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2006, 10:37:02 PM »

No.... I just thought Crêpe Suzette, you know! Grand Marnier.....

I know.... I just had to let you know that the dog's name was Suzi. She was a sweet dog... She was a poodle.

François de Paris

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2006, 10:39:15 PM »

I know.... I just had to let you know that the dog's name was Suzi. She was a sweet dog... She was a poodle.

Oh... she was! You mean... the crêpe was no good... and!

Oh... dear... dear! Poor doggie! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

My freind Marilyn had to put her down last year. Suzi had become very ill and Marilyn could not bear to see her suffer. Suzi was 15 yrs old when she passed away.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2006, 10:44:03 PM »

The reason why Americans call the Pomme frites, French Fries, because the idea for the treat came from France when the soldiers came back after World War I and they did not know what to call them, hence the American designation, French Fries.... and Americans are addicted to them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »

My favorite way to eat pomme frites is with CHEESE!!!

François de Paris

« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2006, 10:47:09 PM »

The reason why Americans call the Pomme frites, French Fries, because the idea for the treat came from France when the soldiers came back after World War I and they did not know what to call them, hence the American designation, French Fries.... and Americans are addicted to them.

NOT at the White House!! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »

That's what they do with Poutine.... in Canada, not in USRR!

François de Paris

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2006, 10:48:45 PM »

... and with one's fingers!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2006, 10:49:44 PM »

NOT at the White House!! :D

Yeah, bush bushwhacked them into American fries. American fries are something completely different and comedians in this country had a field day with it.

I will always call them french fries for that is what they are!

Or.... I could call the Pomme Frites!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2006, 10:50:54 PM »

... and with one's fingers!

Finger food!!!

Have you ever had pomme frites with chili and cheese?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:53:28 PM by DakotaCelt »

François de Paris

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »

Finger food!!!

Have you ever had pomme frites iwth chili and cheese?

I don't like chili much! Too spicy for me!

jhvw

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2006, 10:53:18 PM »

I ended up with just plain old scrambled eggs. It works for tonight. I'm really not much of a cook. Mabye someday I'll learn how. Trying to get into this movie but I keep finding myself dazing off into space. Mabye sleep will finally come tonight. Send sleep vibes if you don't mind :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up