Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CITY OF ANGELS  (Read 29681 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:CITY OF ANGELS
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2006, 04:33:30 PM »

However, here at work, we're going to have a Halloween party.

For a centerpiece:

and for your show - a prop:

Moving Gory Hand
OUR PRICE $10.89

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2006, 04:38:32 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2006, 04:41:09 PM »

TA DA!

Let BUYER'S REMORSE set in!

And then dissipate....

Thanks...and thanks. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »

For a centerpiece:

and for your show - a prop:

Moving Gory Hand
OUR PRICE $10.89

der Brucer

These would be fun and very appropriate!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »

Well, I must be going now.  I'm going to meet my sister at the condo...my home ;) ...and then I'll be off to rehearsal.  Later!!

And thanks again for all the good wishes!! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »

Well, I must be going now.  I'm going to meet my sister at the condo...my home ;) ...and then I'll be off to rehearsal.  Later!!

And thanks again for all the good wishes!! ;D

When will you spend your first night there?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2006, 05:00:28 PM »

Congrats George!!!!  I think one of the coolest moments is when you are finally there by yourself sitting in the middle of the floor and you think....IT'S MINE!!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »

L-O-N-G day.  Oh well, only one more and then I'm off.  I still have lots and lots to do before I go, but that will make the break even more exciting.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »

Maybe I'll start packing tonight.  Everything is clean now, so I can just pick what I want to take and pack it. So glad I had a cleaning frenzy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »

TOD - Hmmm not sure. I've always liked living outside the city, visiting and being able to go home where it's quiet.  

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »

Re: last night's TAR.

spoilers.

I don't know why, but it just wasn't my favorite episode. I was sort of bored.

The team that was eliminated was not even a team that i liked. But still i wasn't really thrilled with the show.

The 3 bottom teams now (the 2 black women, the kentucky hicksters and the gay couple) are so bad i wonder why they are even on the show.  They are entertaining (well the kentucky woman is hilarious). But they are not competitive and have little chance to do well (i'd bet $1000 bucks the kentucky team won't win).

My favorite teams now are the male model/drug addicts and the miss americas.  And the asian brothers.  They are the most competitve right now (and the girl with the leg is still doing decently).

Hopefully next week will be better for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »

S. Woody,  You have efficient, free public transport.  Like airports. Trams that intersect every part of the city. You need a car outside the city, you take a tram to the public parking areas where all cars are kept outside the city limits.

I hope these trams are easier to board then buses.  Keith's mother cannot get on the buses anymore, even the new ones designed for the handicapped.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

I hope these trams are easier to board then buses.  Keith's mother cannot get on the buses anymore, even the new ones designed for the handicapped.

All the airport trams I've used have platform-flush doors; same is true for most of the light - rail systems in the US.

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »

DakotaCelt- Sorry about your sister.  My sister “knew” what was best for my father and unfortunately had the control to implement it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:59:55 PM by Jane »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2006, 05:39:37 PM »

It's tease Jane time:

Mr. Meaty!

Vegetarians may not like it but 'Mr. Meaty' making splash in Canada, U.S.

Lee-Anne Goodman
Canadian Press

Friday, September 29, 2006

TORONTO (CP) - The studio in the city's east end bustles with all things "Mr. Meaty" related, including a call for the types of bodily excretions that make the CBC puppet show such a hit with young viewers.

"Snot, who's got snot?" a production assistant calls out as efforts are made to make the "Mr. Meaty" set, a fast-food franchise of the same name, look even grosser than usual for a scene meant to reveal the slovenly work habits of the eatery's chronically flatulent employees, Parker and Josh.

Puppet-makers are busy at work, puppet clothes are being pressed, lunch is cooking up in the studio kitchen, and the creators and co-writers of "Mr. Meaty," Jamie Shannon and Jason Hopley, have donned their puppets and sit perched under fake slabs of meat as they wait for filming to begin.

It's the meat - not the farts or the snot - that has so angered vegetarians in both the U.S. in Canada, despite the fact that just one episode of "Mr. Meaty" could easily prompt a wave of vegetarianism. But with lyrics in the theme song like "all God's creatures, fresh off the grill!" and "Mr. Meaty" menu items that include Tongue 'n' Cheek, Chunky Gravy Slurp, Filet 'o Seal and Hot Dog Water, vegetarians aren't laughing.

Online petitions have urged CBC and Nickelodeon to drop "Mr. Meaty." As the blogger behind the "Destroy Mr. Meaty" site says: "It's really horrible and I can't stand how discriminatory that is against vegetarians and vegans. It's just so sick."

Shannon has some advice for those vegetarians: "Take some irony supplements!"

der Brucer

Oh Mr. DeMille - I'm ready for my snot-shot 8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

Re: last night's TAR.

spoilers.

I don't know why, but it just wasn't my favorite episode. I was sort of bored.

The team that was eliminated was not even a team that i liked. But still i wasn't really thrilled with the show.

The 3 bottom teams now (the 2 black women, the kentucky hicksters and the gay couple) are so bad i wonder why they are even on the show.  They are entertaining (well the kentucky woman is hilarious). But they are not competitive and have little chance to do well (i'd bet $1000 bucks the kentucky team won't win).

My favorite teams now are the male model/drug addicts and the miss americas.  And the asian brothers.  They are the most competitve right now (and the girl with the leg is still doing decently).

Hopefully next week will be better for me.

I liked the team that was eliminated.  I didn't expect them to win, but would have liked to watch them for another couple weeks.  I am so sick of Sara (girl with leg) she is so whiny. I just want to tell her to shut up already. I'm sorry she has a metal thingy for a leg, but her personality is driving me nuts.

I really started liking the brothers this week and was glad they finished first.  They were the only team who stopped at the Hanoi Hilton and paused for a moment for the men who had been there.  I was also touched at how the coal miner was so moved by being where his father had fought in the Vietnam War.  

Jane

« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2006, 05:50:47 PM »

Bruce-please say hello to Hisaka from me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

Well, I think I'll start packing tonight.  It shouldn't take me too long. The cats will not be pleased, but I'm just not going to have a lot of time tomorrow night if I want to sleep.  I didn't realize I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU starts at 7:30 pm, so I should still be able to see the show and be ready to go.  That is if I get my work done.....

Jane

« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

Anna-Have a great trip & a pleasant flight!

George- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Vibes for an easy move.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »

I'm back from a dinner at Artie's (where are you, DR PennyO?) with DRs Jose, Ginny, and DH Richard.  It was a lovely time and Jose's appearance was a wonderful surprise.  After the meal we wandered to Cafe Edgar on 84th Street for a spectacular dessert.  Edgar's has been mentioned in NEW YORK magazine as one of the best dessert places in the City, and it was no disappointment this evening.  DR Ginny had the taramisu, Richard had a rich chocolate cake of some sort, Jose had some brownie cheesecake, and I had a slice of fantastic Black Forest cake, which was a belated slice of birthday cake.  I am now sitting here like so much fish.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2006, 06:33:49 PM »

Danise-I hope you liked the new director.

We just took Sherlock for an after dinner walk around the yard.  He has become very adept at untying my shoelaces.  Off to play with the little guy-‘night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »

Now wait just a darned minute - dear reader Jose made it tonight, but not SATURDAY?  I think he does not care for me, that is what I think.

Back from a nice dinner with Hisaka.  She's studying away and has lots of homework every day.  We went to CPK  -  I had the roasted garlic chicken pizza, which was not so hot, and she had fusilli with sun dried tomatoes, broccoli and regular tomatoes.  I had a taste and I must say I'm having it next time I'm there.  It's so simple and light and much less caloric than pizza.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »

elmore, please check and let me know which mp3 didn't make it to you.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:14 PM »

I could go for a piece of Richard or Jose's cake.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »

DerBrucer, I could go with your traffic design...golf carts, electric delivery trucks for limited hours.  I guess my point is too many people depend on their cars for unnecessary things like that trip a half-block to the market.  

I enjoyed Bob Osborne's round table with the former child stars on TCM and I liked Daryl Hickman's Leave To Heaven story about the horrible director.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »

Is Hisaka enjoying her classes?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »

elmore, please check and let me know which mp3 didn't make it to you.

BK, it was Donna's second act song, which just played fine!  Go figure.  I don't have the new version of Alet's song yet.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »

DH Richard and I also enjoyed our dinner and dessert with DRs Elmore and Jose - a lovely way to cap our first day here in NYC.

Tomorrow we're off to The Cloisters, Choral Evensong at St. Thomas, and A Chorus Line in the evening.

Congratulations to DR Homeowner George!  Just don't make the next movie you watch The Money Pit  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2006, 08:03:59 PM »

TAR spoiler.....

I liked the team that was eliminated.  I didn't expect them to win, but would have liked to watch them for another couple weeks.  I am so sick of Sara (girl with leg) she is so whiny. I just want to tell her to shut up already. I'm sorry she has a metal thingy for a leg, but her personality is driving me nuts.

I really started liking the brothers this week and was glad they finished first.  They were the only team who stopped at the Hanoi Hilton and paused for a moment for the men who had been there.  I was also touched at how the coal miner was so moved by being where his father had fought in the Vietnam War.  

I think I had a crush on Duke...something about a hairy guy with a Bronx accent...anyway, he and his daughter were my favorite team and I was sorry to see them leave...a bit misty eyed to, I guess.

I think all of the teams are competitive...this is only the second episode, so it might take time for some of them to get into the groove.

What I am most enjoying about this season is that the majority of the teams are so likeable! That makes it fun for me...that said, I could do without that one bickering couple and the team with the one legged girl...I am like you Cillaliz, she is annoying as all get out...and he is not much better.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2006, 08:12:30 PM »

Have a good trip, Cillaliz!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up