Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CITY OF ANGELS  (Read 29431 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CITY OF ANGELS
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were on the side of the angels, and now it is time for you to post until the angelic cows come home.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:11:52 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CITY OF ANGELS
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:06:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: RAILLERY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »

Errr.... A Lily!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:10:27 AM »

Glad you returned safely to LA, bk...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

I think a futuristic city should incorporate technology that uses solar panels and hydogen. Alternative fuels would be a good thing. Recycling is a must and perhaps the trash could be used as a fuel source.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:15:40 AM »

Yesterday, der Brucer wrote:
Did your group do their own script or get one from some other theatre group who did the show?

der Brucer

We actually have the movie script with all the fades and swipes and visual descriptions written as such.  The parts where Packer (the cannibal) goes quickly back and forth between the jail where he's telling his story and the showing of the story will be changed.  They've added a narrator for the voice-overs and if some of the scenes are very short, they cut them and use narrated descriptions to help keep the action moving.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 02:16:37 AM »

Yeah - and at the DC production they did a drawing and the audience winner got to take home a bunch of fresh meat donated by a local butcher!

der Brucer

For our show, they're thinking of getting some Halloween candy in the shape of body parts to sell at pre-show and intermission! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 02:18:54 AM »

Then Jane wrote:
George-Have a good closing tomorrow and a happy day!

And MBarnum wrote:
Good fortune on your closing DR George!

THANKS!!  Unless something horribly horrible goes wrong, the next time I log in, I'll be a condo owner!!  Officially, legally and financially!!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 02:19:25 AM »

Hi, BK!

Glad you made it home safe and sound, and you recorded your sound safely.

That's funny that you watched "A Slight Case of Murder". I worked on this---did the whole campaign for it---the TV spots and trailer, etc. Did they include the trailer on the DVD?

Steve Schachter is the director, and he and Macy have done several other TNT films together. My favorite is "Door to Door", (I also did the campaign for that) and "The Wool Hat" (a remake of the Jackie Gleason movie, "Gigot".) That's awful that it wasn't transferred right, really, there's no excuse for that!

I love Paul Mazursky, Adam Arkin, and Felicity Huffman's little cameo (she also has one in DTD). I hope they included the trailer because I used Mazursky as a thread throughout, I found him so funny. And James Cromwell made a great bad guy---funny yet menacing!

Schachter and Macy have worked a lot with David Mamet. (They are sometimes referred to as the Mamet Mafia!)Together, they did a TNT film called "The Water Engine", which was very good. (This was about 15 years ago.)

The breaking the 4th wall bit bugged me at first, too but I got over it. Although I think Macy is attractive, I had a hard time accepting that women were throwing themselves at him.

Check out "Door to Door" for a better Macy/Schachter collaboration; it's a true story and a beautiful film. He won an Emmy for that (also won for the Wool Cap).
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 02:19:46 AM »

And now, I must go to sleep because it's almost 2:30 in the morning, that's why! 8)

George

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »

Good night, Edisaurus!

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 02:26:39 AM »

George, best of luck today! I hope things go well!

The last closing I had was last year. We bought our house from a gambler/fire eater. He wrote the book on it...literally!

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Eating-Instruction-Ben-Mack/dp/0917643127/sr=1-4/qid=1159780947/ref=sr_1_4/104-3690825-7372744?ie=UTF8&s=books

He did card tricks to entertain us whenever the closers ran off to xerox something. This guy was a dream to deal with, but knowing he was a champion poker player made us wonder if he used any of his bluffing abilities when we were negotiating the price!

May your closing go as smoothly (and magically!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 02:35:41 AM »

Speaking of trailers, I did one for our film. (It's weird to do one for your own film!)

Our webmaster just put it up on our site:
http://www.willowpondfilms.com/sacco_and_vanzetti.html

And tomorrow it should go up on our distributor's site:
http://www.firstrunfeatures.com/
(Right now they have my crappy approval link, which they never even asked before putting it up!) It's anamorphic and looks horrible there---don't look, bk!

First Run is a great distributor with a lot of great films (they're releasing 49 Up right now, which I'm really looking forward to).

Their co. description: Offers foreign films, documentaries, animation and cult films, films on faith, films for kids, gay and lesbian works, and erotica. (and films on anarchy---ours!)

There's a mixture to make the conservatives nervous!

Danise

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 04:12:13 AM »

Good Morning all!  I just wanted to pop in and wish all who are traveling to and from the York City of New safe and happy travels!

Wow!  Has it really been a year?  I think I shall be taking out all of the photos I took and received from last year and relive some memories since I won't be creating any new ones.  

I shall also have a cup of tea (with the tea I bought on our last eating tour) each day this week.  It really lasted a long time and I only bought a fourth of a pound of the Rose and the the Jasmine tea.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 04:15:03 AM »

My boss is coming back to work today or so it's been told.  I bet it's going to be a loooonge day for her.

This is also the day the new director takes over our department.  We have a meeting with him this afternoon.  I guess we have to hear his plan for how he plans to run things.  Huh.  Not looking forward to it at all.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 05:09:36 AM »

Good morning, all!  I am not yet awake, but I am moving.  I had this bizarre dream that I went shopping for a cap, and I ended up at a strange but huge clothing store in a brownstone in the West 40s.  Then, I stopped at Steve Sondheim's house. The front door was open, so I went in and sat at the piano in the parlor (my dream looked nothing like the Casa Sondheim!), looked over a couple of CDs sitting there, and left.  As I got halfway down the block, I realized I'd left my cap,  but I didn't go back.  Somewhere in the middle of this, I had to arrange "Sur le pont d'Avignon" for the New York City Gay Men's Chorus, and I kept getting requests to rewrite it.  

This morning, I have a jaunt to Toyland, and then dinner tonight at Artie's with DR Ginny and Richard.  We haven't picked a time yet, but I'm going to suggest 6:30.  If any DRs want to join us, let me know by phone or email.  The Toyland phone line is currently dead so I cannot get office calls, and Artie's won't seat a crowd until we all show up.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 05:11:04 AM »

It's Larry and Kerry! Hi, Guys.

Quick in and out before I get back to work.

Had a great time this weekend even though I spent most of it working. It shall continue this week with more out of town friends.

Bye!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 05:11:26 AM »

I don't know why we are in Cinemascope this morning![move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SAFE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR GINNY & RICHARD! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 05:15:08 AM »

Welcome Home!  NY still sounds enviable-- mainly in the lovely friends you got to see (and didn't get to see, as the case may be).

From Friday's TOD, in the DVD player was "28 Days" with Sandra Bullock and the 2nd or 2rd Season of "Monk."  I think "Deceipt" is still in there too.
In the CD player, I was listening to one of my many infamous compilation CD's which included "Wells Fargo Wagon" (from the Soundtrack) and the lovely BK song from "Bus and Truck" sung by our own Mr. Guy Haine, "I'm Here."  Mr. Haines ought to consider this song for a future CD or let one of the other BK stable of stars record it.  It really is lovely.

Today's TOD:  In the book, "The City That Never Was" which details proposed projects from the teens through the 30's, there are some marvelously stylish and advanced (and veryworkable) buildings that never came to be and that someone should reconsider as many would ber practical for today and the enar future.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 06:02:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: RAILLERY!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
And their raillery amused the others on the floor.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 06:05:28 AM »

T'was RARE LILY would join in on her family's RAILLERY - she found the bantering monsterous.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 06:16:19 AM »

Quick Monday morning greetings from Dayton International Airport.  We're about to board the plane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 06:18:57 AM »

Safe journey, Ginny! Have fun in NY!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 06:22:07 AM »

TOD -

Since der Brucer and I live in a town now, and not a city, our perspective is quite different.

The downtown area of Rehoboth would be much better if it was a pedestrian only area - I'd say the main drag (Rehoboth Blvd.) and the streets on each side, from the beach on up to the convention center (yes, we have one!).  There would be a clean, well lit parking garage, no charge or a minimal fee (everyone in town is disgusted with the parking meters we have now - and no one ever has enough quarters), and a tram or two would make frequent runs around the pedestrian area so that people wouldn't have to walk if they don't want to.

There would be pedestrian bridges crossing the highway, as well, so that people could cross without getting run over by the cars as they whiz by the outlet malls and other stores that are there.

Other than that, life here is beautiful!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 06:23:26 AM »

Travel vibes!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

That's for those who are travelling.

Rest vibes for those who are not!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 06:29:42 AM »

City of the future:  One with less people in it.

Seriously, no cars allowed.  One where you should be able to walk to everything within thirty minutes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »

I don't know from City Planning - but sychronized stoplights and separate pedestrian/traffic areas would be great - for pedestrians AND drivers.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »

I know someone on HHW will be able to answer this question....that just came to me out of nowhere:

Are senators (and representatives) considered Federal or State employees?  Are they paid by the Federal government or by their respective states?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 06:47:07 AM »

Sounds like the flight and the recording session went well....with one late and one frigid.

TAR had some fun tasks last night, and the elimination was difficult.  Not my FAVORITE team, but I certainly liked them better than some that are left.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 06:51:49 AM »

NO cars, Charles?  That's a bit optomistic, and not exactly practical.

I'm thinking of two problems - first, transportation of goods.  Cars (more exactly, trucks) will still be needed to deliver goods to stores, restaurants, and such.  Yes, they can be a total pain in the posterior - I've been to NYC, and Philly, and DC, I've seen what these monsters can do to traffic when they're parked in front making their deliveries - but consider, if the traffic were restricted to just those trucks, it would be a lot easier getting around them.  It's the personal cars that are the real problem.

Problem #2 - what about the elderly, the infirm, those who cannot "walk anyplace in thirty minutes" because it takes them thirty minutes to travel what most of us take in just five?  That's part of why I included the tram service in my Rehoboth plan.  I see a lot of the elderly when I'm at work, many (not all) of them wonderfully nice people, but they aren't very mobile and they are very happy when I pack their bags to their specifications, to make it easier for them to carry their purchases.  We should try to make life easier for them at all times - they should be able to enjoy their lives as much as possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up