Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TENDER LOVING CARE  (Read 29607 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:TENDER LOVING CARE
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2006, 12:47:39 PM »

I got two boxes from DDD today!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2006, 12:48:52 PM »

Page Five vacuum cleaner dance.  :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

Off to take my nephew to a doctor's appt.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »

The newspaper delievry service which doesn't seem to be able to put the paper anywhere near the door and routinely delivers to the wrong apartment sent a letter asking for gratuities.  That letter got directly to us.

Some response suggestions:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »

The newspaper delievry service which doesn't seem to be able to put the paper anywhere near the door and routinely delivers to the wrong apartment sent a letter asking for gratuities.

At least no one steals it, as they do mine. We like to capture paper thieves on our hidden camera. When we used to get both the Atlanta and Marietta papers, we have a shot of a thief who picked up the MDJ paper, walked halfway down the block, threw the paper in the yard and then took the other. So not only did he steal my paper but littered my yard with discarded papers and plastic bags.

I thought it could be a good ad for the Atlanta paper.

"Read the AJC. It's worth the risk"!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »

TAR comments from last night's show.

That's my question, DR JENNIFER....WHY didn't Rob/Kim or Tyler/James yield the blondes?  Their inaction set up the Bama Mamas to get the yield.

I would have liked to see who the blondes would have yielded if they had the choice of everyone. Would they yield the best (models) or the worst (moms)?

I am not sure why rob/kim or tyler/james did not use the yield. They implied they wanted to see the blondes go down.

My best guess would be that either a)they did not want to seem like the bad guys, so they preferred to let the blondes do the dirty work, or b) they wanted to continue using the blondes to help them.

Actually some teams just don't believe in it (the yield).  They want to be completely fair and let everyone have a chance. but heck for a million dollars i think they should have used it.

I like all of the remaining teams EXCEPT the Blondes...never have liked them.  I would be happy if any of the OTHER three teams won, so I am hoping THEY get an elimination next week.  I thought ALL the non-elimination legs were done... UGH.

I was pretty sure that last night was going to be a non-elim. There are 2 show left. Probably an elimination next week and then the finale.

It's funny you say you dislike the beauty queens. They are my favorites. They are so competitve. Yet they always prefer to work on their own. ANd they normally do so well.  I love their enthusiasm and how they are not mean about things.  When they yielded the moms they didn't do it to hurt them, but because they want to win.

Mary & Dave and Erwin & Godwin were my favorites....Bama Mamas come next....

I think a lot of people are like you. Well maybe not for the moms. I don't think too many like them. But many people like the kindest.

Personally while i thought dave and mary were nice, they were not competitive enough for my tastes.

Edisaurus

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »

Are you saying page 5 sucks?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2006, 01:03:07 PM »

My weatherbug is flashing because we are having a cold snap blow through -- it is 63F.  Brrrrr.

Flashing the public...and during a cold snap, too. Brrrrr.

63 degrees is a cold snap? Gee, we must be pretty tough here in the South! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »

Re: last night's TAR.

DR Cillaliz, can i assume the team you no longer like is the Beauty Queens?

I was happy that this was a non-elim (sort of expecting it). But i was disappointed with all of the mistakes that dustin and kandace made.  But i was glad they didn't get eliminated. They have proven themselves throughout the other episodes.

The team i don't get is the Mamas. I really dislike them more and more each show. They are mean.  I know the blondes are super competitive.  But the Mamas are hypocrites.  The blondes had two choices. Either yield the moms or yield nobody.  But being the competitors that they are the blondes tried to give themselves an advantage. I don't fault them for that.  But for the moms to say that they were mean about it or that karma should get them, i just don't get that. The moms had said they were planning to yield the blondes!

It was a bit unfair that the unfit Mamas arrived at the yield first, yet ended up getting yielded. But they are really out of shape. And i fear this will hurt them.  IT hurt them a lot in last night's show (they would have finished first overall).

The funniest line of the night to me was one of the moms commenting on rob and his car problems, "if your car is always breaking down, then maybe it's not the car but you". :)

I am growing to not dislike rob/kimberly as much as i did. They are pretty strong competitors.  And i do like the models. They are strong (and i appreciated them stopping to chat with rob/kimberly when their car broke down).

I will say i was impressed that the Mamas got the map, and that they got to some tasks first. I didn't think they would.  But i still can't get over their negative energy.  It is really starting to bug me.

Can't wait for next week. I"m hoping the moms go next.

TAR SPOILERS***************************************

LOL - that's more like it. It's much more fun to disagree with you.....nothing personal - really, but if we all agree...how boring  ;D  I think the blondes are totally negative now and I really don't like them.  I like the Bama girls more each week. I don't see them as having negative energy and they are still here.  That takes some good playing just to stay in to the final 4.  

I am also getting to like Kimberly and Rob more, but they don't yell like they used to. Nobody in the game likes the blondes anymore, so if they need help, I have a feeling it isn't going to happen. I wanted the blondes to win until last night, now I'm not sure.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »

Question for Edisaurus:

Did you have any hand in the increasingly annoying "Brenda peek-a-boos" that clutter my TNT screen. (Not near as bad as the TBS promos for My Boys which are a reason NOT to tune in.)

On a kinder note: the season promos that combined The Closer, Law and Order, Without a Trace and Saved were great. And I particularly liked the trailer for the next Closer - no plot giveaways and neat visuals on why we watch the show - the characters! (I like the shots of Brenda eating the donut and running into Fritz's arms as bookends)

An a thumbs up to whomever is responsible for the Trailer for the new Librarian sequel.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

There's a commercial where the husband says to the wife, "Honey, there's an article here about your poor leg circulation."

I sort of like the idea that the paper would specifically have an article about her poor leg circulation.

Ok, now I'm laughing... FJL, you crack me up!~

DERBRUCER

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »

Gee, we must be pretty tough here in the South! ;D

Which no doubt explains the lack of Cannibals.

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

Re:  leg circulation commercial.  I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago and literally burst out laughing at how absurd it was.  Arne is a comedy genius.  ;)  And the lady playing his wife is LOL hilarious in the closing moment:  "I think I'd better learn more about this."  Lady, there's a friggin' full page article you're staring at--what more could you possibly need?   ;D

Re:  Kwan vs. Nuyen.  Nuyen "left" the film of Suzie Wong and was replaced by Kwan, giving Kwan her big break.  I'm wondering why Nuyen left.  Nick's commentary kind of alleges she might have been having emotional problems (she later claimed child abuse and became a psychologist or psychiatrist, can't recall which), but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what happened.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2006, 01:27:08 PM »

More TAR comments

I am cheering for anyone but the blondes.  I really have a new respect for the bama moms and would actually love to see them win. I don't think they have shown enough footage of them doing things like buying the map and studying it in the past. They are much smarter than they are given credit for.  Last night one of the addicts even said that the Bama moms always get places so quickly...

Early on, like the first episode or the first non-elimination episode, they announced that there were 2 non-elimination episodes, Kentucky got both of them, so they had to have added one.   Makes me wonder....

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »

Plus, what's his name keeps saying " We've never had an all female team win"  to the blondes... could TAR be rigged?

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »

Better get back to work....laters

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »

Back from a plethora of errands and whatnot and shall shortly be on my way to LACC and rehearsal.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2006, 01:42:25 PM »

Hey has anyone mentioned that tonight is one of the last new episodes of HEROES.

Also the mid-season finale of PRISON BREAK.

Well, it's the last week of ratings sweeps so I assumed everyone knew we wouldn't be getting many new episodes of our favorites for awhile.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »

I got two boxes from DDD today!

I got one plus a used copy of CSI: Season 6 which also arrived! I was a most happy fella (a Frank Loesser reference) today!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »

I am not just saying this because of the site I am posting on - I would say this on any site.  The DVD I've watched more than any other is THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL.  I am constantly introducing the film to people who haven't seen it.
I don't know if I've seen it more than any other (The 10th Kingdom may earn that honor), but I definitely push FNM on people. Also The Apple, but only because it's painful & I want to share the pain. ;)
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2006, 01:49:22 PM »

Lunch ran long and then I had to go to the ATM and grocery shopping so I didn't get much watched this afternoon.

I started with an episode of the ALI G SHOW recorded from HBO last week.

After the tremendous success of BORAT at the movies, HBO has started showing ALI G again (there are only about 12 episodes over the two seasons).

They're funny, but the formula is too repetitive for me show after show especially as all three of Cohen's personas (Ali G, Borat, and Bruno) suffer from the same kind of idiocy, so dressing up in different outfits and affecting a different accent doesn't change the comedy motif.

As I said, it's funny, but two or three episodes of the series is enough for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »

Then, I watched last night's DEXTER, a tense episode where Dexter discovers his real-life father. And as the episode wore on and we found out that all was not what it seemed concerning his death, the show got even edgier. We're building to the climax of the series, and now that we know most everything about identities, the tension is unbelievably high.

FJL

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »

Lucy is a guest on a 1986 Super password.  Still had her comic timing, even when screwing up the clues.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2006, 02:16:02 PM »

My weatherbug is flashing because we are having a cold snap blow through -- it is 63F.  Brrrrr.

Cold snap at 63 F?  That's a heat wave!

:D

I like the avatar....looks like a very sweet little girl!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »

der Brucer

So...this was DENVER?  Not the Bible belt?  Not Utah?

DENVER?

Great Caesar's GHOST!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »

Oh, Jack....is that YOUR vacuum cleaner....?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2006, 02:25:22 PM »

If George gets his tasty arse in gear, we'll have at least another 14 posts.

der Brucer

Thanks! ;)

(How's that for a post?  Only 12 to go!)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2006, 02:25:28 PM »

TAR spoilers (although it would appear that we have all seen last nights episodes! LOL!)

I am kind of rooting for the Bama's. They have been playing quite well, particularly withough the rest of the 6 pack. The one gal has a very negative attitude and is not particularly nice, but her co-hort seems nice enough and has even told her off a couple of times.

The models would be my second choice.

The beauty Queens and the arguing couple are tied for last place, in my book.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »

Have we already mentioned the tag line on the ad for FAMILY GUY this week:

SAVE THE BABY...SAVE THE PLANET

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »

I'm heading down now to do some chores (but no dining room cleaning; I did that this morning).

WBBL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up