Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIX MASTER  (Read 33858 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THE MIX MASTER
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2007, 05:56:09 PM »

They are self adhesive.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

http://www.zazzle.com/pd/special/facevaluepostage

They are on sale until tonight at midnight PST, so act fast! You have to buy $10 on something else to get them at face value.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:01 PM »

Back from rehearsal, vocal recording, but not listening to mixes, which I'll do tomorrow.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »

We fixed the three synth things that were bothering me, and best of all, for elmore, we put a real cello on the song which had a synth cello in the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »

I shall now sit on my couch like so much fish and watch some movie or other.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »

BK, our good friend June Wilkinson once gave me a paperback of Barbara Payton's life and said exactly what you said...somebody ought to make it into a movie.  I think she was suggesting me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:52 PM »

Thanks for the info.  :)

Michael

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »

I was already to switch bruce kimmel over to godaddy. I went to their website to look over my options before I called them. I did however check my email to see if I got a response to see what happened to the website. Nothing of course, but I did try to bring up the site and low and behold! It was there.

so www.brucekmmel.com is up and running again. I will make some revisions/additions to the site.

BUT  it happens again, I will switch to a new ISP right away!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »

DR Jane you should be able to get those postage stamps in a bunch of places.  They are real. We got some made last Christmas with little megan's picture on them.

I'm sure if you go to usps.com they will have links on how to buy them.

I would just make sure that wherever you buy them from is legit (meaning that you can use them).

They are fun! (i bought my canadian ones from canada post online - they had details at the post office).

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2007, 06:35:42 PM »

I just got a ticket to CURTAINS for March 1!   They are on sale earlier than they were supposed to be for AMEX cardholders. I can't wait to see it again.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...  I took almost everything out of my room - thankfully, most of it was in boxes and bags... Then I vacuumed the major gobs of dust... Then I Pine-Sol'd the floor... Then damp mopped the floor... Then Mop 'N' Glo'd the floor... :)

Then I put things back in my room.  I unpacked a few things, but mainly, it's an organized "mess".  Thankfully, again, everything is in boxes and bags.  I also measured out the room, and I think I've come up with a pretty good layout for when I bring my bed and dresser up.  -And for when I go to IKEA tomorrow or Friday. :)

And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2007, 06:39:43 PM »

The stamps are really cool. It would be fun use a photo of my mom when she was young to give her on her 80th Birthday

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »

I had a wonderful day at work today. What a nice surprise

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »

DR Jane - Those personalized stamps are fun.  I received a couple of Christmas cards this year with lots of photo-stamps.  There a couple of sites out there that let you do it, but you can also do them at home if via USPS.com, and you can print them on Avery labels.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »

The stamps are really cool. It would be fun use a photo of my mom when she was young to give her on her 80th Birthday

Use them for the party invitations.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »

http://www.zazzle.com/pd/special/facevaluepostage

They are on sale until tonight at midnight PST, so act fast! You have to buy $10 on something else to get them at face value.

I just ordered two sheets of stamps!  BUT I didn't pay close attention to your post and the fine print about first buying "non-postage items" to get a sheet of stamps at the actual price...so, my order was for $34.97! :o But then I did read it and decided that I wanted to go ahead with the order.  

The other item in the fine print that I didn't pay attention to was the not using an image that is copyrighted by someone else. ::) I should cancel the order, but I kind of want to see what happens. ;) Will I be charged for the order if they cancel it because of copyright infringement??  Or will I be arrested??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #286 on: January 03, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »

I suppose I could ask the copyright holder for (after-the-fact) permission.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: January 03, 2007, 06:59:10 PM »

Use them for the party invitations.

Great Idea!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »

OK... Time for a late dinner and hot shower... But probably not in that order.. ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »

I don't know about any of you, but I, for one, would not have been happy to have been Dimitri Tiomkin and had a producer say to me, "Dimitri, we need you to write a song with the words 'Gunfight At The O.K. Corral' in it."

"...and it's to be sung by Frankie Laine."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2007, 07:08:59 PM »

I just ordered two sheets of stamps!  BUT I didn't pay close attention to your post and the fine print about first buying "non-postage items" to get a sheet of stamps at the actual price...so, my order was for $34.97! :o But then I did read it and decided that I wanted to go ahead with the order.  

The other item in the fine print that I didn't pay attention to was the not using an image that is copyrighted by someone else. ::) I should cancel the order, but I kind of want to see what happens. ;) Will I be charged for the order if they cancel it because of copyright infringement??  Or will I be arrested??

This reminds me of the time we tried to get a picture of Spider-Man put on one of my nephew's birthday cakes.  The bakery refused to use the printed picture we submitted, saying that it was a copyrighted image and we could only use the Spider-Man that they had in their catalog.  I suspect that the stamp people will tell you the same, DR George.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #291 on: January 03, 2007, 07:12:20 PM »

Oh.  It was John Sturges who directed GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL, not Preston Sturges.

In my opinion, it could haved used Betty Hutton.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »

This reminds me of the time we tried to get a picture of Spider-Man put on one of my nephew's birthday cakes.  The bakery refused to use the printed picture we submitted, saying that it was a copyrighted image and we could only use the Spider-Man that they had in their catalog.  I suspect that the stamp people will tell you the same, DR George.

Probably...unless I really can get permission.  It's a jacket cover of a book.  Can you guess the author?? ;)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »

Hiya gang! Thanks for all the kind comments. Glad to get that first one in the can. Great to be back, too. Spent the holidays in California with my sis, and my mom came out from Indiana as well. I think it was probably no warmer in Berkeley than it was back here in NYC.

What a pleasant surprise to see that Mr. JoseSPiano has returned to the scene!

Ginny

« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »

DR Rodzinski - nice to see you back, too!  Congratulations on today's column.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »

No, Danise (and Tom and George), I don't mind at all that you downloaded the picture. That's very nice of you to do so/say so  :)

Regarding Naked Boys, I think they actually moved downtown to the New World Stages. After the stint at Actor's Playhouse in the Village, IIRC (if I recall correctly in Internet Lingo) they moved a few places around town and were at the now defunct 91 Street Playhouse on the Upper East Side after Menopause, The Musical closed before they moved back down to New World (formerly Dodger Stages). I may be recalling this all incorrectly but I've been back at work for two days after being off for a month. Yesterday I forgot a password that I use for 11 months out of the year. It only took one month away from work for it to flush out of my mind. Who knows what else is gone ;)

Nobody knows the history of the different theaters like Ben!

I had a devil of a time yesterday looking for an old Playbill from the 1936 "Face the Music" that played at the New Amsterdam. Of course it was filed under "A."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »

Thanks Ginny! It had been so long since I could really log on that I forgot having changed my avatar. What an odd surprise that was.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2007, 07:35:34 PM »

I wonder what MattH will think of "Knights of Prosperity." I had it on. It had some funny moments, but not that many.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »

I wonder if they ever sang "The Internationale" on Sing Along With Mitch.  I bet they would have made it sound pretty good.

We do have a lot of male choruses singing it. Of course, it would be even better if Elmore had arranged it!

BTW, this song is sung at our Pride Parade in Atlanta. That knocked me for a loop the first time I heard that! Pretty cool!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #299 on: January 03, 2007, 07:37:43 PM »

Also, sorry about the Wolvies, Ginny. Such bad sportsmanship by USC in that game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up