Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: YAWN  (Read 34566 times)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
Re:YAWN
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »

I love how the internet can connect people.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »

eee gads! pg 7!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »

Ta Ta For Now
-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

Excellent.  Not sure why it would take a few days - maybe they just say that, like amazon does

Your Atlanta minion has obeyed the will-bender and submitted a review to CD Baby.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2007, 02:50:02 PM »

I always wanted to belong to a book club. A friend of mine was thinking of starting one but I had already read all the books on his list so I did not participate.

I was in one for years, but it seemed that we spent less and less time reading and more time eating and drinking. We eventually switched to movies, and then fizzled out. But we had about a 6 or 7 year run!

Now I have a doc film support group that will be meeting at my house, when we move!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »

Yesterday while I was at work, the acres of beautiful woods behind my home were clear-cut to begin developing 3 story condos. Although a 30 foot buffer was required by zoning, the developer asked for zero buffers and the city gave it to them.

I can't seem to escape having condos built in my backyard.

I'm glad I didn't see this when I came home last night or I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

I guess the only immediate benefit to offset the now total lack of privacy, is that I will have more birds at my feeders.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

It makes me so sad about your woods, Edisaurus.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »

Apparently it is - well, at least Naked Space is.  The Creature Wasn't Nice has never been released and I have claimed ownership of it and that is why we'll be releasing our own DVD of the Director's Cut and the release version.

But aren't your songs and script copyrighted?

That's how It's A Wonderful Life got out of public domain hell. It's original story was still in copyright and Republic pictures was able renew it and obtain ownership.

Isn't this something you can do and perhaps get ownership of the film?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »

Is anyone familiar with this hotel in NYC:

414 Hotel
The 414 Hotel is a superior tourist and business class boutique hotel, located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, only steps away from Times Square, Broadway Theaters, Restaurant Row, The Jacob Javits Convention Center

However the Jacob Javitz center is not a few steps from midtown Manhattan. It is more than a few steps away. It is at 38th and 12th!!
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »

I woke up this morning with no voice, but it is returning slowly.

:-(

well, then, I won't call you to tell you I love you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »

Has anyone yet told us what Cason's new job is and why it's preventing his appearance?

I'm actually working security at a nightclub here in Hollywood -- The Avalon.  Our dear Brain castmate Grady (who plays Rod) has been working there for the past 2 years and he got me in.  It is nice because I only work nights and it keeps my days free to pursue other things, plus the schedule is quite flexible -

So, with that, I am going to ask tonight if they can just push me back an hour and a half at least so I can make an appearance at the partay.  Fingers crossed that it shouldn't be a problem!

Anyway, BK, I have a question for you.  At my one-act, we were talking about the music playing before my show -- Vangelis' "La Petite Fille de la Mer" from the L'Apocalypse des Animaux, a '72 TV documentary by Frederic Rossif.  I know the CD soundtrack is fairly available, having seen it last night on amazon, but my question is - have you ever managed to track down a copy of the 6-part documentary series itself?  

I was looking around, and it seems there is a SECAM version in France and possibly a PAL edition that exists in Italy, but beyond that, no one seems to know anything.  So, I was just curious if you knew any different -- or had ever looked?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Edisaurus

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »

Cason---love your performance on the CD!

Two local Atlanta underground DJ friends love the music and want to play it on their shows. It would be cool to hear you on the radio here!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »

Thank you Edisaurus!  Mmmmm...an underground Brain movement...

I have been loving listening to the whole show -- so many memories!  And I guess it helps that Heather absolutely is crazy about the show... :D

I have to give a serious tip of the hat to our Dear Elmore -- more than once since I've listened to the CD, I've referenced him as "brilliant" or a "genius," or some combination of those two descriptions.  :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

IMpressive list indeed Ginny. I have read a number of them
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »

Like DR ADRIANNA PATTI - I am intrigued by the idea of the NEW Kritzerland release - details to be revealed soon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »

Watching Ball Room Dancing on PBS right now....waiting for the DESIGN show on Bravo.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »

Question for ASK BK DAY:

What is your favorite costume that you have worn in a play or film or tv?  Are there photos available?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »

But aren't your songs and script copyrighted?

That's how It's A Wonderful Life got out of public domain hell. It's original story was still in copyright and Republic pictures was able renew it and obtain ownership.

Isn't this something you can do and perhaps get ownership of the film?

Yes, the music and lyrics are under copyright and I own them - and that is precisely why I have claimed ownership.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2007, 06:01:40 PM »

I'm actually working security at a nightclub here in Hollywood -- The Avalon.  Our dear Brain castmate Grady (who plays Rod) has been working there for the past 2 years and he got me in.  It is nice because I only work nights and it keeps my days free to pursue other things, plus the schedule is quite flexible -

So, with that, I am going to ask tonight if they can just push me back an hour and a half at least so I can make an appearance at the partay.  Fingers crossed that it shouldn't be a problem!

Anyway, BK, I have a question for you.  At my one-act, we were talking about the music playing before my show -- Vangelis' "La Petite Fille de la Mer" from the L'Apocalypse des Animaux, a '72 TV documentary by Frederic Rossif.  I know the CD soundtrack is fairly available, having seen it last night on amazon, but my question is - have you ever managed to track down a copy of the 6-part documentary series itself?  

I was looking around, and it seems there is a SECAM version in France and possibly a PAL edition that exists in Italy, but beyond that, no one seems to know anything.  So, I was just curious if you knew any different -- or had ever looked?

Nope, I just have the CD.  Have never seen the series.  I hope and trust that you'll be at the partay for a little while.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2007, 06:02:49 PM »

Like DR ADRIANNA PATTI - I am intrigued by the idea of the NEW Kritzerland release - details to be revealed soon.

I've actually spoken about the new release long ago.  I'm just finally doing the damn thing.  It will be a limited edition.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2007, 06:04:36 PM »

Question for ASK BK DAY:

What is your favorite costume that you have worn in a play or film or tv?  Are there photos available?

Hmmm.  I loved my Pete Menefee costumes for the Taper Forget-Me-Not Lane - I do have photos somewhere.

I wore a cute Elizabethan number in The Last Of Howard episode of The Partridge Family.

And I had some cool Donfeld originals for the Dinah Shore series.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »

After writing the three pages I've spent the last three hours typing the original liner notes for the new Kritzerland release - a LOT of typing and my eyes are now bloodshot and weary.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:44 PM »

Once again, no packages.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2007, 06:11:11 PM »

I've actually spoken about the new release long ago.  I'm just finally doing the damn thing.  It will be a limited edition.

Now I am wandering through the windmills of my mind to discover the title.   :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »

Thanks for the answer.  I have the LANE dvd....and the costumes are nifty.

Michael

« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2007, 06:19:16 PM »

here is a costume from forget me not lane
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »

Is anyone familiar with this hotel in NYC:

414 Hotel

It looks very nice.  I suggest if you aren't getting the king suite to check out the room sizes.  Those NY boutique hotel rooms can be way too small.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »

The TV Lane costumes were different from the stage show - I liked them but not as much as the stage costumes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »

And a lovely scene it is, too, DR MS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »

I've eaten tuna pasta salad and am quite full but not overtly so.  I think I'm through writing for the day because my eyes are so weary.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up